I Am Legion's Blood Angel Forces

I am Legion

So Instead of always starting a new page when I finish a model, I will use this thread for all my completed/WIP work. Below are the other pages I had with finished models. After that is all new completed works. In a couple days I will have completed Lemartes and Astorath as well, and I will be uploading them. Anyway, enjoy.

RAS Alpha
RAS Beta
First Part of Terminator Squad Alpha
Second Part of Terminator Squad Alpha, and Assualt Terminator Squad Alpha, Plus objective markers

Devastators & 2 Scout Squads

Excellent stuff. Your NMM gold is really good and on the whole your colors are very clean and (as you've heard quite a few times by now) crisp, especially the white. I may have to steal the white saltires on a normal ASM jump pack. It makes for a far more visually stimulating effect than the "paint the whole thing red and hope nobody pays much attention to the grooves" approach. Do you use VMC paints for the white or is your recipe strictly GW paint?

So I finished the first two special characters. Astorath & Lemartes One of the Lemartes models I just painted with his eyes all googly. It's probably hard to see maybe. I have to admit I don't like the way Astorath came out. It's....it's the colours I think that just arnt working together. One day when I have nothing left to paint, I will repaint him.

gallery_32371_1885_202947.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_134886.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_19729.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_239166.jpg

Yeah, love the wings on Astorath. Not sure what you see in the colors, but the red looks too bright for me against the other colors. Just too much contrast and in the pic it appears to be uniformly bright. I wonder if a dark wash or two followed by a highlight with the current tone might not help a lot.

Good to see all your stuff in one place Legion :o excellent Lemmy you have there, he really is the best of the new models isn't he (and gotta love his rules). As for Astro he is well painted also but I echo Brightguy's comments, maybe a couple of washes to tone it down with some subdued highlighting? Get him more moody looking. Are these finecast or pewter? If finecast what did you think of it?

Anyways keep up the good work ;)

• 3 months later...

Well added the LPC Termiantors to this page. need to fix the links a bit, but i'll do it tonight. Sorry I didnt get back to you Midnight runner, but yeah Lemartes is Pewter (won him from a painting contest last year on the B&C with my Salamanders as the judges favourite :D ) Astorath is finecast. I'll admit its light, but I'm not a huge fan of working with it. it feels too brittle, but I know its not. Pinning the PW onto his thin forearm was very delicate work and one slipup and the model is ruined...

I will be redoing Astorath one of these days, but not for a while. I have 45 Marines to do in the next 4-5 months first.

45 marines is a lot of models to do. no sorry, 45 highly detailed Blood Angels are a lot to do. After speaking to my inner self, and a friend, I decided to do 20 assault marines (magnetized backpacks/JPs, special weapons, and Seargeant weapons). I need one more day to finish scraping the flash off the first 10, then I'll start on the next 10. After that I'll do the magnetizing, then put them together, and then finally get down to painting them... OMG I hope to get these 20 done by April (3 months time). Yeah... No vacation for me this time like during that LPC...

• 5 weeks later...

So After a whole month living at work basically, I forced myself to build the next squad. I know I said I'd do 20 RAS at once, but this is taking forever just to do 10. I just...*wipes brow with a maniacal look in his eye*...I just don't want to magnetize for a while *eye twitch*...

Here's some prelimenary WIP shots. I'm going to head over to the GW and finish assembling the JPs today. Then probably on tuesday I'm going to prime everything and get down to business. Oh and for the record I bought my first Storm Raven last weekend. Once I'm done with all of these Marines that I got left to do I'm going to paint like 10 vehicles at once. Then I'll have a playable army finally :tu:

gallery_32371_7006_5215.jpggallery_32371_7006_219682.jpggallery_32371_7006_52914.jpggallery_32371_7006_130752.jpg

oh and for the record the backpack magnets are 1/8, they are a $%^&@ to do but only on the torso the JP and Back Pack have more room to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

A small update. Next weekend, hopefully I get my (mandatory) full vacation, so I'll try to get them done the way I did with the LPC Terminators! It's going to be alot of work, but I want to get these guys done so that I can start on the Devastators, and after that the tactical Squad. Anyway, here is what I did so far

gallery_32371_7006_199318.jpg

gallery_32371_7006_48005.jpg

Oh and in the pics you can see the 2 meltaguns that need to go into the simple green due to priming out in the cold canadian winter...

• 2 weeks later...

My vacation was busier than anticipated, plus I've been sick for the last 5 days. But I did get all the red done, and mostly finished the NMM Gold. Lot's of work left to do, but I'm just keeping at it. Anyway heres a picture so far, hopefully next time I'll have a pic with wings painted.

gallery_32371_7006_502180.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New update, getting closer to completion. Damn work is just insane these past weeks, and it'll be that way for another 3 weeks...ugh...

Now I found a girl too, so time for painting will decrease once again. also, which date do you tell them that this is what you do?

gallery_32371_7006_70627.jpggallery_32371_7006_241610.jpg

Yeah the lighting was brutal. hopefully once i'm done with this squad i'll get a chance to build a light box.

Thanks guys, I'm going to try and get these guys done by next weekend. But worse case due to time constraints, it'll be the weekend after. I'm just doing touch ups now, and I got to paint helmets, jet thrusters, and bases.

My red recipe is:

1-Mechrite Red

1-Red Gore

1:1-Red Gore/Blood Red

2 Soft-Blood Red Highlights

1-Blazing Orange Edging

1-Ogryn Wash over everything

1-Black Wash for crevices

1-Baal Red Wash over everything

I went and bought a bunch of the old paints before they dissapear, this way my red wont change too much. I really hope they just changed the names and not the colours...

• 2 weeks later...

2 and a half months of slaving over these models at a few hours a week. But they're done!!! This is my 3rd 10xRAS squad! But only the second thats magnetized. I don't have a light box built yet, but someday I guess. In the meantime I've prepped 2 magnetizable Librarians, and the Space Hulk Terminator Librarian to paint since I'm sick of painting red.

Hopefully I'll be done them by next month sometime.

gallery_32371_1885_20212.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_114300.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_107754.jpg

Edit - Here are the two librarians I'll be painting next -

gallery_32371_7006_108118.jpg

Thanks guys!

I need to get a smaller drillbit before I begin drilling out the barrels. u know......like...someday.....

So I asked around the B&C and at the GW and just looking over the new blue paints, when I finally decided on a nice simple blue scheme. Only the paint I used to do the highlights was one of the new ones. I'm not sure what the equivalent was....maybe ultramarine Blue. Anyway, this is a small update. Got the blue done up, hopefully I can be done these guys in the next 2-3 weeks. I might change up the helmet of one of the librarians so they don't look identical. I just can't decide which helmet to use yet...any help is appreciated!

gallery_32371_7006_189179.jpg

gallery_32371_7006_15060.jpg

gallery_32371_7006_103898.jpg

Archived