BOooooo

Azrell

I just got a hold of the new forgeworld apoc 2nd ed book and apparently when it comes to codices Space Marines, Dark Angels and Black Templars are all the same thing... every entry that includes one includes them all. I smell the begingins of a few books getting lumped together in the next Codex Space Marines.

I just got a hold of the new forgeworld apoc 2nd ed book and apparently when it comes to codices Space Marines, Dark Angels and Black Templars are all the same thing... every entry that includes one includes them all. I smell the begingins of a few books getting lumped together in the next Codex Space Marines.

Madness. Begone with you heresies, foul chaos spawn.

Calm brother, I really think you're reading too much into this. You must see reason! (where are those blades now...) Seriously though, if SW & BA got their books, rest assured DAs & BT will get theirs!

There was talk about DA coming out of Games Day Australia that makes me think that isn't the case. For forgeworld however it does make a certain amount of sense especially as the BT and DA books haven't been updated yet. It's not worth creating specific units for them without first seeing a new codex as they don't want to accidentally step on anything the studio may or may not do.

Here is the relevant quote from GD Australia.

""Phil and Adam talked about production time of a codex. Dark Eldar was around five years of dev time, but the actual writing takes much less time, a few months or so. Most codexes take around three years from initiation to publisher.

- Talking with Adam and a guy who collected Dark Angels, the DA player commented on how he'd like to get all the Land Raider variants / Storm Raven etc. Adam replied that his design philosophy is to not do that, to avoid homogeny across the Marine ranges.

If he was to do DA, he'd instead focus on making Deathwing and Ravenwing more unique. His specific example was that Ravenwing used to get the Tornado Land Speeder, but now everyone does, so he'd go in that direction more than just giving them everyone else's toys. He was talking purely hypothetical - don't take it as a hint of future releases!""

There was also talk from the designers about more free form creation and pitching ideas to the top instead of all the decisions going from the top down. Read the Bell of Lost souls article for a little more info on the Aussy GD.

The reason IA2 lumps the books together is because at the time it was printed we had a system which meant you had a main SM Codex and Chapter-specific 'mini-dexes' which gave you variations for the relevant Chapter from the main book.

So it's a relic, nothing more. We will get our own book again, in due course. :)

I'd say the Mortis Pattern Contemptor is plenty enough Dark Angels flavor for me. I don't really have a problem with our Contemptor being the vanilla one.

Now the BT's not getting one is definitely a bummer, as it could have had some awesome rules!

Once DA gets its codex, i hope they remake Arzael and Ezekiel, and make them finecast.

Thank God i got them in metal then!

Let it be made clear I used them as an example of an extremely neglected chapter and that I hold no animosity towards them. ^_^

Neither do i,but the way you told it is funny!

I know i actually like their fluff (iron hands); but for some reason space marines that believe the flesh is weak and that it is sweet to end up in a dread is the coolest way to go in the 41st just never caught on.

Innocence proves nothing, brother... :P

Meh. Could be worse, we could be Iron Hands fans. :/

This!!!

There I was just about to chip in with a moan about the DA Mortis fluff getting diluted yet again....

Here's to The Fallen! Cheers!

Sorry, I read the implied message wrong.

Let's face facts: once we get our book, everyone will be converting their smurfs into the First Legion. Our rise in popularity will give way to cool new plastic kits, which means we'll all be building new Belial models.

Maybe we'll be the first non-generic Space Marine chapter to be able to build our own Chapter Master? I can always dream...

Archived