Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Wow. Just...wow. Stunning detail work, and utterly terrifying. Beautiful job, Grey.

Wonder if she's available? :P

Bro, aren't you married? With kids, like? :P

even if not, a fine heretical thang like her won't hang out with square loyalists :D

You have to understand, Heathens is a loyalist in the loosest of terms :P

Indeed. And square he certainly is not! ;)

Hey, I'm married, not dead. I can still go to the car dealership and look at the new rides, I just can't take a test drive. :)

Wow, wonder why there aren't more women on this website..

We are here, trust me. And I agree about "window shopping" we have all done it. Back to topic...WOW I have always fancied a heretical SOB army. I think I've found some inspiration finally, with the artists permission of course. :D

Because of fools like me, I suppose. I am shamed, and rightfully so. Comment deleted.

Nou ja, sorry, I was sarky, and it's really not my place to be insulted on behalf of anyone. I had just discussed this (the relative lack of females in the hobby and why, etc.) with a friend the other day and I guess I was feeling a bit righteous. You're a swell guy and we all know that. It's not the looking at other women, or looking at all, that I mind, it was just the comparison to a car that I reacted to, but it was just a joke, and as I say, it's really not my place to be insulted on anyone's behalf.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/268/2/5/night_lords___sevatarion_jago_by_greyall-d5fvgjk.jpg

"Death to the False Emperor"

Sevatarion Jago, The Prince of Crows

WHY? Why dude? I had finally settled with the idea of a Sons of Horus army. I even had a plan for it, and it was good. Now? It's all dust. RUINED. By the awesomeness of the above image. Curses... :whistling:

Cheers! :)

And when you combine it with the fluff in the H series, the Night Lords Trilogy(Provided by the ever-benevolent A-D-:lol: and then Lord of Night, you have an even more amazing reason as to why you should join us in the night.

EDIT: Before I forget, again, Shamblin over on deviantart made a very nice(beautiful just doesn't seem like the right word given the subject) of this very picture. I think Greyall might have seen it but I don't think I've seen it put up here so, here it is! The title is "On the hunt".

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/274/2/f/on_the_hunt_by_shamblin85-d5gjia7.jpg

If this guy comes charging down the hallway something tells me I'm turning around and running the other way. That is, if I still have control over my own legs and my brain can process the information before he lops me in half.

Just an excellent drawing that really captures the essence of the Night Lords, Greyall. You're a visionary, man. :tu:

That Khornite Sister (or shall I say "Khornette") is so brutally beautiful. I wish GW made models like that.

The skulls on her chain are kinda small though. Do Ratlings make good offerings to the Throne?

The skulls on her chain are kinda small though. Do Ratlings make good offerings to the Throne?

Hmm. Well lets consider a few things. She's a fallen sister of battle. As a member of the ecclesiarchy, she most likely was usually stationed at a church or a convent. Churches/convents occasionally have an orphanage. Orphanages are full of children. Children have small heads...

Grimdark indeed.

I imagine you are a very busy man and get a lot of requests but hey you never know until you try *wink*. I have always liked the background behind the "Invaders" chapter of space marines and it inrigues me that they come from an Ogryn homeworld... I have always wondered how a population of humans with strong Ogryn characteristics might turn out as space marines. Go wild man I'd love to see what you come up with for this idea :)

Thanks, everyone, glad you fancied me fair maiden and Sevatar.

@Magic Dragon: not in the near future, mate, I have 15 Pre-Heresy badasses to draw.

My son of Ferrus is clanking himself ready.

PS: Here's a rare sight in this thread...color!

Inkari's done it again

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/283/d/c/behold_my_awesomeness_by_inkary-d5hbnki.png

And this one's from another fellow deviant, ShadowEngine

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/281/9/0/sister_of_khorne___colour_by_shadowengine-d5h77ex.png

Ok I'm not nearly as good as the people over at deviantart.com, but after seeing the Russ image i got inspired to color him as no one did it yet.

Its been a long time that i did anyting other than manipulate images in photoshop so i'm sure it can be done better and i might do some more on him.

But here he is, My Gen father, Leman of the Russ

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8044/8076851570_e91ca568b2_k.jpg

Thanx for the great drawing Greyall, it was a bliss to work with, and thanx for letting me work on it like this

@Max_Dammit: I like it a lot! Thank you very much, Brother. Cheers.

Now...meet Clank - I mean, Godfried

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/285/4/c/iron_hands___godfried_by_greyall-d5hllsz.jpg

"In the days after Isstvan, I saw my brothers frantically resorting to cybernetics. They claimed that weakness resides in flesh, that our father had preached the superiority of metal to our deaf ears. I did not think it possible but, during that time, my heart sank lower than what I thought possible since the death of Ferrus...

Yet I've managed to draw something from our tragedy and, in employing that new knowledge, to now stand before you the way our father would've truly wanted...coated in iron.

What is metal without flesh, brothers? What good is a blade lying inert in an armoury without a kindred warrior spirit to wield it? How does the best suit of Power Armour defend the Imperium without a Marine's heart bringing it to life against our foes? Is a Titan's potencial truly fulfilled without a princeps to meld with it?

Indeed, brothers, we are meant to become one with iron and steel, but not by replacing what makes us more. What makes us human. What makes us Astartes. What allows us to feel seething, pure, righteous hatred against those who've betrayed us.

We have ships. We have guns. We have blades and tanks and the hulls of Dreadnoughts from whence our revered brethren inspire us to greater feats. We have no shortage of steel with which to deliver our righteous vengeance to Fulgrim and his debauched lot. It falls to us to show them our flesh cuts just as deep."

Godfried of the Iron Hands

Godfried is a character from Bass Wave, my depiction isn't exactly spot on. He's wearing his helmet (I just felt more motivated to draw helmets than faces, Bass, sorry), for example. Also, Godfried isn't an Heresy-Era character, which means I had to try and incorporate his Mk5 armour with Mk8 parts...not really hard, thigh-guards look awesome, for instance.

Hope you like him. Next...the wolves howl at the moon.

By the Omnissiah that is gorgeous! I love what you did with the clan badge. No worries about the face, the helmet is perfect! And his signature weapon, his power gauntlet, is bad ass!

In short, this is great, and I appreciate the time you put in, thanks greyall ;)

Archived