Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

I know this has probably been said already but brother, you should seriously see about getting your work on or in a black library or Gw publication! That or think about doing your own heresy comic. It would be an awsomesauce overload

Thanks, mates, so glad you like him, sometimes the least ambitious characters end up better depicted.

@Ezekyle: More and more I'd like to draw something for GW, have to find a way to have my drawings reach them.

Now...

Man I am gone for a few weeks and such epicness, is added. Loved the Dragon Banner and Marine. I always thought their needed to be more "Salamander" type chapters. The White Scar is sweet, not my cup of tea but you made them look good. I agree that the horse head takes something away from it maybe a relief of charging horses on the front and rasied plates would make the flying "D" bike look cooler and still bling. Now your Iron Warrior is a work of subtle beautiful simplicity. He just screams "I am going to get to you no matter what, and when I do, I am going to curb stomp you with your own foot!!!" On a side note you should have a contest for a banner drawing, that would be interesting to see some DIY chapter banner ideas.

I kind of like this idea of a banner drawing. Tell me more, Nexus. Do you mean asking people to post a quick summary of their DIYs here with the winner getting a drawing of the chapter banner?

Thanks, mates, so glad you like him, sometimes the least ambitious characters end up better depicted.

@Ezekyle: More and more I'd like to draw something for GW, have to find a way to have my drawings reach them.

Now...

Man I am gone for a few weeks and such epicness, is added. Loved the Dragon Banner and Marine. I always thought their needed to be more "Salamander" type chapters. The White Scar is sweet, not my cup of tea but you made them look good. I agree that the horse head takes something away from it maybe a relief of charging horses on the front and rasied plates would make the flying "D" bike look cooler and still bling. Now your Iron Warrior is a work of subtle beautiful simplicity. He just screams "I am going to get to you no matter what, and when I do, I am going to curb stomp you with your own foot!!!" On a side note you should have a contest for a banner drawing, that would be interesting to see some DIY chapter banner ideas.

I kind of like this idea of a banner drawing. Tell me more, Nexus. Do you mean asking people to post a quick summary of their DIYs here with the winner getting a drawing of the chapter banner?

Erhmergerd!

That would be so brilliant ^_^

<p>Morning, Brothers and Sisters. So, Nexus 25 has come up with a great idea (for which he shall be rewarded) for a contest, the rules of which I'll now state:</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Presenting...</p>

<p> </p>

<p><strong>TESTIFY YOUR DIY</strong></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Goal: To present the most interesting DIY Astartes group of the galaxy</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Duration: Friday 1st February to Thursday 7th February (00h00min)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Restrictions: <strong>1 Submission per person</strong>. Astartes and Traitor Astartes only, no Imperial Guard or Daemons allowed (Astartes Daemon Princes characters being the exception, of course). Warbands from established Legions (World Eaters, Night Lords etc.) and Companies or Squads from known Chapters (Ultramarines, Salamanders, Novamarines, etc.) are acceptable. Be advised, though, if they use the same colour scheme as their primogenitors, they'll be at a slight disadvantage against those created from scratch.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Instructions: Post (on this thread) a small summary of your DIY Chapter/Warband with the following topics:</p>

<p> </p>

<ul>

<li>History - creation and any notorious moments</li>

<li>Colour Scheme and distinctive visual elements (post a picture from SM Painter - or any other image) and add any notorious element you feel are relevant (for example, if a Chapter uses Samurai-ish armour, for example)</li>

<li>Combat Doctrine - Fighting Style</li>

<li>Notorious Character - It doesn't have to be your Chapter Master/Chaos Lord, what I want is the most distinctive character from your DIY (and what makes it distinctive, things like wargear, notorious feats, relevant personality traits)</li>

<li>Distinctive Elements - Should your DIY's originality/point of interest come from any other aspect rather than one of the above (Homeworld, Internal Dissention, Mutations, etc.), this is the place.</li>

</ul>

<p>Now, main rule - Do be <strong>economical with words</strong>, I'm not looking for a Warband to finance or anything, so Marine Marketing Plans will be burned. What I want is to find the most interesting, drawing-worthy Chapter/Warband. In any of the categories above, prioritize that which makes your DIY original and interesting. If, for example, your Warband has a lot of Havocs and nothing more, just write "Greater proportion of Havoc squads, heavy ranged warfare" or something like that, don't give me any organization chart. Page-length Chapter IAs will be purged.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Criteria: I'll be the sole judge of this, so the decision will, of course, be subjective. Presentation and writing is not important, unless you dump a truckload of words on my eyes' lap, in which case it'll ruin your chances. Again, what I want to see are original Astartes DIYs. No category is worth more than the other. A beautiful Colour Scheme can be trumped by a super-awesome Homeworld. A tragic story can be outdone by a mind-blowing armour style. In the end, I will explain my choices. The keyword is "personal", please remember that.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Prizes:</p>

<p> </p>

<p>There will be a podium</p>

<ol>

<li>Character of Choice + Chapter/Warband Symbol</li>

<li>Character of Choice</li>

<li>Chapter/Warband Symbol</li>

</ol>

<p>Note: I'll be flexible when handing out prizes, anyway, if the 2nd Place prefers a Banner and the 3rd a Character, that's cool with me. I assume there're no issues with the 1st prize =D</p>

<p> </p>

<p>That's about it. Start your summarizing engines, guys, let me know if you have any doubt, I'm not going to be super-strict about rules (<strong>except the "Be economical" one</strong>)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Cheers</p>

the iron warrior looks great mate :tu:

but looking at your thread title i'm a little confused, "Ach! Ein Contesten" looks like a mix of german and english to me, but without making sense. so i'm curious what you want to express by it...

It's supposed to be germinglish, "A contest". =p  If it causes any more confusion, I'll change it.

@The_Chaplain: By banner I mean the chapter symbol, which I'll depict on a standard/banner. Clarifying it now, thanks =)

It's supposed to be germinglish, "A contest". =p If it causes any more confusion, I'll change it.

@The_Chaplain: By banner I mean the chapter symbol, which I'll depict on a standard/banner. Clarifying it now, thanks =)

Figured as much, but a banner can also mean a little dohickey at the bottom of a forum profile, so figured I'd check.

Also, the 6th of February is a Wednesday not a Thursday smile.png

Exsanguinators Space Marine chapter
Founded from the gene stock of the mighty Blood Angels in the 3rd founding. Fiercely loyal to the Imperium. Declared fatally flawed.

History: Created on the morning of the M32 a chapter created from the legendary Blood Angel’s legion. A chapter created to strike back at the pirates, and rogues that raid the shipping lanes of the industrial moons, and planets. Recruits were pulled from the hive cities that littered the planet. The Astarte’s began taking from the planets penal population, and gangers to use as inducted recruits. Sanguinary Priests would give these potential marines the chalice of Sanguinius to drink from; transforming the bodies into their super human forms. While under deep slumber Sanguinary Priest would begin to surgical alter the marines adding in vital organs to assist in their warrior prowess. During the battle of Drexel it was discovered that marines of the new chapter suffered unexplained losses.

Sanguinary Priests found out due to a dying marine stuck with fragment grenade that the bleeding would not stop.
Not able to cease the bleeding they traced this back to the Larraman’s organ. A vital blessing that if not properly working would surely make the marine bleed out due to the secondary heart, and Haemastamen organs working together to increase blood flow. Every attempt to re grow the flawed organ failed. Priests worked frantically to fix an issue that could not be fixed. The chapter took on the name Exsanguinators taking the flawed organ as a badge of pride. Their honor is to fight on when death is quicker should the marine not carry out his duties correctly. Marines of the Exsanguinators are also not the most accommodating ally on the battle field as they care not for human life. Their mentality is that they must kill or be killed, and only the current mission is important. Marines of the Exsanguinators harbor their flaw with pride, and with a doomed attitude. Knowing full well a simple mistake could forever eradicate this fragile chapter. Imperial commanders often refuse to fight alongside this blood thirsty chapter. Words spoken of excommunication and of other common words heard are blood taker…

Heraldry, and armor colors:sm.php?b62c=@haLvy_hXbsb.iakk7@@@@_@@_.@@@_.@@@@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@@@@@@@@hLL9J@@@@_@@@@.@@@@@.&

Combat preferences: Like their blood thirsty cousins the Flesh Eaters, the marines of the Exsanguinators are not an up-front assault chapter. They choose instead of being the sword of the emperor, to be his dagger, and stab the backs of their enemies. Having a failed implant organ has thus increased their need for new aspirants, so their scout companies swell in numbers to accommodate their constant need for replacement's. Using sabotage, and stealth, to get in close.
The Marines of the Exsanguinators are known to create wounds upon their skin and create a stigmata like appearance. many loyal imperialist fear to fight along side these blood soaked marines. Often does a planetary Governor request aid of the Exsanguinators. And if that request is accepted its often with a bloody consequence

Character's of note: Chapter Master Lord Ivan Vladimir
Ivan was made lord of the Exsanguinators around M32.3. He is infamous for his unorthodox approach to warfare. Ivan has been known to fight with unconstrained fury creating massive diversions whilst directing his marines to ambush and attack from stealthy positions. Ivan carries with him the ideals of the chapter heavily upon his shoulders. Great wounds inflicted from past battle still pour minimal amount of blood. In each battle Ivan is ushered in with chapter servitors each soaking up the bloody wounds and tending to his lesions. Never has a leader been so brutal in his attacks, his eternal wounds dripping of blood. His suit stands still in the shiver of his statis field. Only when the mad-counsel of Lord Ivan is required does the statis field dissipate. Unlocking the statis field requires vast amount of blood to rejuvenate the immortal warrior. Knowing well this ancient warrior counsel come at a price, but none can recount for Ivan’s tactical knowledge. Until Ivan is killed in combat will the counsel of captains choose another to become their chapter master. No enemy yet has been so lucky to create a wound to grievous for Ivan not to sustain.

Distinctive Elements: Due to the failed Larraman’s organ, and unknown way to research a way to fix it. The marines of the Exsanguinators are doomed to die. But by ever increasing there recruits seems to be the only way to stanch the wound in their chapter. But soon there will not be a way to stop the blood flow, and the Exsanguinators will just bleed out forever. The only known Blood Angel chapter that openly takes on the blood taker persona. Often will a marine injured grievously attack a enemy, and drain them of blood. Initiate marine will utilize the darkness,and camo cloaks to get in closer for the kill. Exsanguinators use a variety of wrist mounted, and bayonet combat blades in battle. And will make wide use of bolter suppressor modifications. To keep up with the constant loss of full marines the chapter has adapted the 9th, and 10th companies into scout, and reserve scout companies. If scout recruits survive the training, and various battles they can attempt to survive what short time as a full battle brother.

for more info visit.. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/263095-ia-exsanguinators/

Please don't take it badly, mate, but I'm going to use your post to give suggestions to other would-be posters.

The size is just about it, don't hand me anything larger than DK2000's post.

It's not compulsory, but I would be very thankful if you organized your Chapter description according to the categories I set in my Rules post, it makes it a lot easier.

Also, do give me a picture of the Chapter's colour scheme, visuals are essential. The badge isn't, right now, but feel free to post it anyway.

Is this contest open to Adepta Sororitas Orders?  Or is this DIY Marines/Traitor Marines?

I ask as, whilst my main armies are (and always will be) Steel Wings/Bahltimyr Reavers, the army I've invested more time/effort etc in fluff/Character wise is actually my DIY Sisters.

Marines and Traitor Marines only, mate. No girls (or non-augmented men, or warpborn monstrosities) allowed.

Pity :( It would have been awesome to see your version of my Canoness.

I'll get on with summarising my Steel Wings then ^_^

I was going to do my Blood Dragons, But Greyall has already honored me, by drawing Chapter Master Conrad. So this way if I win, I'd like to see how he draws a half insane , assassin-like Astartes with stigmata wounds. 

@Aquilanus, You should submit your Bahltimyr Reavers, since the Baltimore Ravens are headed to the Super Bowl this Sunday... And if they win that might be a good omen for you. :)

Archived