Visions of the Melice

Brother Melice

i love your style. it looks sortof like a mix between "soviet-propaganda-posters" and realism... so very stylished and hard-edged, yet soft and realistic, i absolutly love it. please teach me :P

Thanks Bro. Well the Russian propaganda posters were in the realistic style them selves, what is knows as Soviet Realism in Art History, if you want to get technical.. although, my style is more decorative and monumental in approach, but you get a cookie for picking that up mate! -_-

Very cool BT Pic.

Thanks mate!

I can attest to the fact that Brother Melice's work looks even better in person. I proudly have the Battle Captain Garro piece here at my home just waiting for the right frame. I love it so much I'll be commissioning several works as Christmas presents for my brothers and a friend.

I cant wait to start, already have an idea of how to approach the project in mind Brother!!!

And am waiting to see a pic of Garro framed on your wall! ;)

Two captions to get yer juices flowing.

"Pour it On Boys! Pour it on."

"Hold the Line you Miserable cowards. Stand fast."

AAAAhahhaaha!!!!!!!!!! I will have you title my pieces from now on Bro! :tu:

Newest creation without further due.

gallery_52083_5473_42930.jpg

"Brother Chaplain Kage of Imperial Fists" 14x20' Tempera/ Paper 2011

Holy :lol: . You never fail to amaze me, Melice. Amazing work, man.

Hahahaa, thank you for kind words as always Brother :lol:

Dear god those are awesome!

You mean Dear God Emperor don't you????

Uhm..... that is...

I can only say.... BY THE EMPEROR! Haha

I may need you to do a version of myself for my Carcharodons.

Your freakin' amazing brother.

+++Mr.M+++

No problem Borther , just send me a PM with your idea and we will work it out, cheers!

Isn't that awesome!? And he looks just like my figure! WOOOOT! :HQ:

You know, despite being the commission of my character and converted model and trying to put all bias aside, I think this is his best piece that he's posted on here.

Cheers mate! Glad that you are satisfied with the end result, I've made the modifications as you asked...

Isn't that awesome!? And he looks just like my figure! WOOOOT! :P

You know, despite being the commission of my character and converted model and trying to put all bias aside, I think this is his best piece that he's posted on here.

Cheers mate! Glad that you are satisfied with the end result, I've made the modifications as you asked...

Can't wait to see it in person!

And for those who may not have seen my WIP thread with his chappy model in it, here's a shot of him while I was still working on the build:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/BCK-New1-1.jpg

Wonderful job on likeness. :)

I just saw your work on DeviantArt literally a few minutes ago. Said you commissioned for someone here and I dropped by to see. Well done. Definitely one of the best artists I've seen draw 40k. Your Garro pic reminded me of some of the first pictures I saw when I discovered the hobby in the mid 90's! And the Deamon thoroughly creeped me out and it's my favorite work of yours so far.

Fantastic work, the Chaplain is positively biblical, befitting the Emperor's avenging angels.

Thank you Brother, ever since I read the fluff about Astartes being called His Angels Of Death, I always wanted to see that theme conveyed in GW art, little did I know that it would be easier to make it work myself until this commission.

I just saw your work on DeviantArt literally a few minutes ago. Said you commissioned for someone here and I dropped by to see. Well done. Definitely one of the best artists I've seen draw 40k. Your Garro pic reminded me of some of the first pictures I saw when I discovered the hobby in the mid 90's! And the Deamon thoroughly creeped me out and it's my favorite work of yours so far.

Yeah that demon still creeps me out too, Cheers for Deviant Art!!!

Fantastic work buddy. The Chaplain is epic!

Thank you Brother, I hope to have another commission soon, so I can try something else, and keep you guys happy)

i'm tempted to send a joke commission just to see if he'd be able to draw something intended to be absurd with the same level of skill..

It surely would be interesting to try to tackle...

Yeah that demon still creeps me out too, Cheers for Deviant Art!!!

i'm tempted to send a joke commission just to see if he'd be able to draw something intended to be absurd with the same level of skill..

It surely would be interesting to try to tackle...

x2 for Deviant Art!

And I also agree... it would be very interesting to see :)

Amazing stuff, when you showed me that picture of the pre-heresy guy I never realised that you drew it yourself mate.

I love the first picture though, absolutely brilliant and extremely professional looking work. ;)

Yes it is, and it's gonna look damn good on my wall... ;) :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived