Mephiston

Tamwulf

dident read the other replies but seeing thats its at page 7 and still going i guess its safe to leave mty opinion here :)

i honestly have never run him before so its not hard to miss him :( hes not a "must take" by any means of the word. is he good? yea, defenitly. hes also very expensive which along with the horrible model have kept me from taking him so far ^_^

a jump pack liby is probably one of the most point effecient ways of filling the mandatory hq choice. stick him with a unit with UR and SoS and he performs pretty good (has for me anyway) alternativly a chaplain brings the same rerolls as the UR liby (only in the turn you charge) makes them fearless and has a 4+ invul save on him (thing the liby lacks sadly) and he has BS5 while the liby has BS4.

A captain with dual claws could also be an option. With a priest nearby S5 LC's can be quite nasty. bit dull and not a force multiplier though.

the other SC' s also brings lots of fun bonuses to the table...

so uh...plenty of options. just depends on what you want your hq to do eh? B)

The best thing i would compare mephiston in my list, are jumpack libby and furiouso dread with fists.As they both cost the same, evenmore in my list they would both fit into his SR ride (dual SR list) . So granted mobility mephiston would get otherwise i pay no extra and i will get simmilar results in return. Besids spending 2 slots for almost the same i dont see many more differences ...

The best thing i would compare mephiston in my list, are jumpack libby and furiouso dread with fists.As they both cost the same, evenmore in my list they would both fit into his SR ride (dual SR list) . So granted mobility mephiston would get otherwise i pay no extra and i will get simmilar results in return. Besids spending 2 slots for almost the same i dont see many more differences ...

other then more kill points . SR being AV 12 without fortitude in an edition where you have GK[rifleman and psycannons] DE[lances etc] and necrons[everything] so the chance of a dread+ unit+libby reaching the line being small .

plus a libby +babysitter unit+SR+dread does not cost "the same" as mefistion .

I don't want to shift this topic on how effective SR list can be. However as it has been mentioned, its DUAL SR list so there is a big chance that one of both SR's will hit the lines.

On the other hand, the lib will be attached to unit you are fielding, which mephiston cannot be attached to. So basically you are paying no extra.

However, i personally love mephiston, as he is sort of "swiss knife" in almost any army. But his worst nemesis are necrons (mindshacle scarabs), GK's(FW) as both can make him very useless.

~BT

But his worst nemesis are necrons (mindshacle scarabs), GK's(FW) as both can make him very useless.

His best enemies are necrons and GK's. Both can't shoot him down effeciently, which makes it that you can just position him where you want. Just avoid units with Mindshackle scarabs (not that hard, shouldn't be many and Necrons aren't exactly a fast army) and against GK's you can use him as an unremovable Pyschic Hood and just kill a unit when you want. (if it's worth it even when getting countercharged, then do it, if not then just wait till there is no risk of getting countercharged)

Zhukov Posted Today, 11:02 AM

Just avoid units with Mindshackle scarabs (not that hard, shouldn't be many and Necrons aren't exactly a fast army)

I would oppose, as maybe not so popular, however it is played at my local group,new necron AV 11 supersonic flyer, which is often packed with the royal court with mind shackle scarabs times three. I mean even necron lord on barge is quite threat as he can fly 24" and still make its attacks to anything in its path.

However i don't want to shift this topic to how annyoing new necrons can be :D

I think with these Mephiston, lost quite of his edge over the top. But still he is very useful addition.

however it is played at my local group,new necron AV 11 supersonic flyer, which is often packed with the royal court with mind shackle scarabs times three.

But that's not an assault vehicle. Either they disembark right away after moving (so they get shot up) or they stay inside and you shoot down the Night Scythe (they go back into reserve then). In other words: This is one of the worst Mephy counters ever :D

I mean even necron lord on barge is quite threat as he can fly 24" and still make its attacks to anything in its path.

That's a good unit and pretty effective against Mephy indeed. (1 or 2 wounds when he flies over normally) Well, that makes target priority a little bit easier for you right? :(

However i don't want to shift this topic to how annyoing new necrons can be :HQ:

Should be alright as this is Mephiston in relation to Necrons.

Archived