Winter's Advance 2012, Pack Expansion

MaveriK

Today's progress:

gallery_28868_1452_29322.jpg

One of the Eschers had a suitable head, and it cast fairly well (the only major defect was on the nose, where an air bubble took off most of the tip - I'm hoping it'll be an easy fix). I'm slightly concerned the eyes may not be pronounced enough, but if that's the case I'll have to fix it when painting.

I've slimmed down the thigh armour and worked up one of the legs. At this point we can clearly see why so many marines are sculpted in their trademark squatting pose; because there obviously isn't enough space for the same armour on the other leg. I could go a number of ways here - I could just sculpt a slimmed down leg (like Dante's0, but then it wouldn't match the other guy. I could replace that leg with a bionic one, but the first guy has a bionic leg (and on the same limb) so that's out too. The only other option, other than reposing the leg, is to just sculpt the armour as normal and hope it isn't too obvious that they pass through each other.

One finished raider, vow completed.

Seems a little too blue in the pics, oh well. Hope you like.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k494/ramman81/iphonedec11001.jpg

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k494/ramman81/IMG_0298.jpg

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k494/ramman81/IMG_0296.jpg

Makes room on my paint station for all those Thunder wolves I'll be getting next month. (with the wifes aproval ofcourse)

Makes room on my paint station for all those Thunder wolves I'll be getting next month. (with the wifes aproval ofcourse)

It does look rather blue but yakno despite hating blue wolves I actually think it looks really nice, the lighter ice blue running through it works imho and it helps the yellow and metallics stand out more.

as for the last bit are you sure it's not a case of "hey darling here's a 2-day spa pass :P I'm just off to a 'friends' to 'test' some new models..." *quickly runs to the nearest LGS and spends £££ on TWC/FW* haha

1) buy them a cinema tickets

2) send them to grandpa/aunt for a dinner

3) buy them Fen Wolves, and some other stuff as a gift, and sometimes borrow those for: gluing parts together, painting, playing

4) If your kids are too young for figures, buy them fen wolves, THC(...) and promise them, that when they will be older they will play with you

"hey darling here's a 2-day spa pass"

I quite like that idea, thanks Russ Brother, and for the coments.

And what if you have kids? Ideas welcome.

Depends on their age:

1-5ish: day care

5+:friends house or family members place

or if its a school day(Emperor i hope not since i wouldnt be able to go for the release) school :blush:

1) buy them a cinema tickets

2) send them to grandpa/aunt for a dinner

3) buy them Fen Wolves, and some other stuff as a gift, and sometimes borrow those for: gluing parts together, painting, playing

4) If your kids are too young for figures, buy them fen wolves, THC(...) and promise them, that when they will be older they will play with you

Ale to you for that good idea,id personally go with 4 if i had kids

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

haha you guys are cruel xD luckily my dad was more of an option 3 guy xD bought me my first 40k stuff (Orks) and me brother's Chaos haha then we just played matches against eachother and his mates haha - lucky me I'm a wee 19yr old and don't have the 'burden' of the wee ones just yet haha

as for being back OT - I've finished up 4 of the 9 so far, almost done the 5th (finished today) and then the other 4 I'll get done over the next 3-4 days :lol:

I love the grey/black Matt D!! Very nicely done!!

I myself am having trouble with the Grey Hunters, painting power armor is not my favorite. Nor is it my Forte (no, not you Forte...). But practice makes perfect, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, or every rose has it's thorn...

I'm doing my best but I can't keep my mind off the new TWC...

End of Line

This is the last weekend for most of us who haven't completed our vows (myself included). Good luck to everyone!!!

Thanks! I will need it... My work is almost completed, btu still i need to paint a fur cloak and some little thingies.

I love the grey/black Matt D!! Very nicely done!!

thanks! I just wish i had a better pic. the lighting makes them almost black and it makes the bolt gun metal almost non-existent against my codex grey on the drop pod.

I myself am having trouble with the Grey Hunters, painting power armor is not my favorite. Nor is it my Forte (no, not you Forte...). But practice makes perfect, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, or every rose has it's thorn...

I know what you mean. i have 3 packs of grey hunters, 1 pack of blood claws/sky claws (magnetized backpacks), 1 pack of wolf guard, and 1 pack of long fangs painted. took me about 2 years! then i said to myself that i was finally going to tackle vehicles. did 2 rhinos and a pod in 3 weeks. >_> now i feel like i should have started with the tanks first for the confidence boost. :tu: funny thing is i still don't have a full 1500 point list painted yet...

small update - I'm reasonably happy with how it looks right now, but It's not going as fast as I'd like.

gallery_28868_1452_19379.jpg

Fortunately the left leg kinda works (although it's more of a fudge from behind.) I don't think I'm going to be leaving myself much time to paint it.

Not to be a pain to the following people but.... as per rules

My work is now done. Here is a link to my large album.

could you please post a few WIP pictures of your work. I realize you have a link to a FB page, but not everyone here may like to login to crackbook, or even have an account. Since you had no problems posting the completed work, I see no reason for you to also post a few of the WIP.

man i hope i am doing this right... here is my completed vow!

gallery_49701_7004_41921.jpg

TDA counts as 2... >_>

We're missing a las/pas razor as said from your vow.

well, I had pics of the parts painted while still on the frame, unfortunatly, I lost the cable to connect my cellphone to the pc, so I'll not be able to post WIP photos. I'll be edittting this post in a few days to include the finnished land speeder though. after that, I'll be continuing Dreadfleet. still have 4 ships, and all the wrecks and islands to paint :s

If you can try to post the WIP pictures on here somehow. Please understand, I'm just trying to be fair to everyone here. Unless said WIP were deleted, then there is always a way to get them posted eventually.

----

OP page updated! if your name is not in the completed vows section, let me know :pinch:

QUOTE (uberwolve @ Feb 25 2012, 09:25 PM)

My work is now done. Here is a link to my large album.

could you please post a few WIP pictures of your work. I realize you have a link to a FB page, but not everyone here may like to login to crackbook, or even have an account. Since you had no problems posting the completed work, I see no reason for you to also post a few of the WIP.

My mistake brother.

I did not know how it all worked in regardes to the face book link.

But no worries!

these are some of the builds. Blood Claws, grey hunters and long fangs! the wolfen were already 1 parters, just needing a base.

gallery_3442_2354_178111.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_222157.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_57535.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_387417.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_343044.jpg

This next 4 are all base coated with a zenith highlight and now in their respective groups.

gallery_3442_2354_362360.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_23662.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_151372.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_150974.jpg

This next 2 may look a little strange, first the shin. I couldnt find my flesh so I mixed some up, it ran int some red brown at some point... Next a magenta ink was applied.

gallery_3442_2354_89184.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_48227.jpg

Here you can see the skin was re applied and the hair was also painted. Sorry for the lack of that but I was very happy with how they were coming along by this stage.

gallery_3442_2354_291468.jpg

And lastly we are done!

gallery_3442_2354_197010.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_106526.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_562790.jpg

gallery_3442_2354_564457.jpg

I hope this hasn't been to many pic's but I did take quite a few and then didn't know how many I should share.

It gets a bit redundant.

I will see if I can remove my other previous post.

Archived