Guardians of the Covenant

Yellow Stripe

So, since completing the marines for my LPC, I have now also completed the 1st Tactical Squad for my Third Company:

gallery_65020_6770_476525.jpg

gallery_65020_6770_300546.jpg

gallery_65020_6770_133901.jpg

Next I will be completing a Razorback as transport for my 3rd Company Command Squad, then I plan to put together a couple dreadnoughts, one of which will be Venerable, which I am truly looking forward to.

So, I have decided to stray from my vow for a week or so to throw together 3 Dreadnoughts, one of which, is Venerable. I wanted to re-do the previous Dreadnought that I had completed and keep these guys all codex legal. I must apologise for some of the glare and focusing on some of these photos, I am doing these at night with the use of lamps, and it just doesn't have the same effect. Also, I have noticed that the cloth parchments hanging from the armour, also show glare, which will not be the case once I have given these guys a Matte finish.

This guy rights here is Uriel, one of my personal favourites, but I wasn't happy with the fact that DA's do not support IronClad Dreadnoughts.

gallery_65020_6770_180357.jpg

So, he has now been upgraded to a Venerable Dreadnought, serving the 1st Company. I decided to go with the Red helmet, to keep with the 'Elite' status that selected other members of my 1st company have, like the Terminators from my Command Squad:

gallery_65020_6770_166886.jpg

gallery_65020_6770_148049.jpg

Next up is Arel, of the 3rd Company:

gallery_65020_6770_246080.jpg

And lastly, Famiel, also of the 3rd Company:

gallery_65020_6770_303043.jpg

Here's the Group Photo, from Left to Right: Arel, Uriel, Famiel.

gallery_65020_6770_28938.jpg

Next up on my list, I plan on having my Razorback completed within the week or so, finishing my Vow.

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated and I'd like to give a big thankyou to all who have given their time to comment and leave suggestions.

I....just.... can't... comment.... :tu:

There is nothing to say really... You've done a VERY impressive trio of dreads there. I also love your Ven Dread - a model I never gotten to even remotedly like...

A thing I really like about your GotC is the overall "red" image they project (especially vechicles) - it's so different from my initial take on them that it borders to exotic... and works beutifully!

I would really love to see this army in real life! Pity you're in the opposite side of the globe! ;)

This is beyond cool - well done mate! Even it you deviated from the vow! :P

Latest update, here is my Razorback to be used as transport for the Command Squad of the 3rd Company:

gallery_65020_6770_135857.jpg

gallery_65020_6770_192642.jpg

As you can see, I have tried some things different with this unit to make it stand out more than other vehicles, and I am quite happy with the result.

Please feel free to add feeback, as all is appreciated!

(I do plan on drilling the barrels too, I am just in the process of organising the drill bit).

I really like the weathering you've done to it as well as the crossed sword symbol on the top. I'm guessing you masked that area off as that would be extremely hard to do freehand. The dreads were looking awesome as well. The contrast on your robed models is also very nice. I see way too many people paint robes a solid color when the creases should be shadowed, etc. Keep up the good work.

First of all, I would like to say thankyou to all who have checked out my thread, and to those who have given their time to comment and leave suggestions. I greatly appreciate any feedback, and you guys have really kept me motivated to keep this up, and in turn become closer to completing my army.

So, I have been pretty busy most nights this past week working on some of the 1st Company to aid Gabriel in battle. As I have mentioned before, I was unhappy with how some of my Terminators had turned out and had planned to make some changes. Well, they are now complete and I have a full Command Squad to go with the Company Master.

By the way, I finally got myself a camera, so there is much less glare and overall better quality than the rest of the pics which I had to take with my phone :cuss

Alright, so first up, just to get things started, here is Gabriel, Master of the 1st Company:

gallery_65020_6770_50562.jpg

Next up, Raziel, Sergeant of the Command Squad to the 1st Company:

(edit: I claim this guy unfinished. I have decided to make a few changes here by adding a shoulder guard, and loin cloth. I want to make him stand out a little more from the rest and make him a little more unique. Will update new photo once complete.)

Haael, is the only previous member that I had done, that I have decided to keep. I have made some slight adjustments here and there, and is now a part of the complete Command Squad:

gallery_65020_6770_12482.jpg

I have completely re-done my Apothecary, and have now equipped him with a Thunder Hammer, and have made a handful of changes to my previous design. Here is Kyriel:

gallery_65020_6770_139155.jpg

Alael, is replacing his previous form by removing the Assault Cannon, and equipping him with a Cyclone Missile Launcher and Twin Lightning Claws:

gallery_65020_6770_116391.jpg

And lastly, Mehiel, Standard Bearer. I wasn't originally planning to keep the old standard, but was quite happy with the work I had done with it, and decided to just make some changes. Again, this guy here has Twin Lightning Claws and now has the Company Standard mounted to his back, and is detachable:

gallery_65020_6770_10127.jpg

And, here's the whole group:

gallery_65020_6770_359860.jpg

I also plan on painting up a Land Raider Crusader to bring these Brothers into battle, but that will probably be at least a few weeks away. I think I'm going to go back and finish a few more marines here and there to finish up the rest of my 2nd Tactical Squad (along with another Rhino), and also complete my 3rd Company Command Squad as well.

Woowahooo... Go easy on us Yellow! :cuss This is truly great work! You know what I like the most? The little things: The sword tatoo on the head, the writings on the armour and backbanners and the freehand standard! OMG!!!

Look forward for your PA marines (numbers should be a bit pumped up), anthough what I really anticipate is the Land Raider!

Fantastic. The banner freehand is inspiring. Go idea going with the full CC + cyclone command squad - thats a very tough squad since we got improved storm sheilds and 2 shot cyclones coupled with the banner and apoth.

As far as C&C goes, I think I do notice a few mold lines and the earlier razorback and marines could use their barrels drilled out. With your level of skill in painting a pin vice and some extra time drilling would really be worth it.

Thanks guys, glad your liking the details. I have been trying to make each its own buy adding little details like that, so it makes me glad to know you notice and like them.

Cool, so, I have a question I'd like to ask you guys that I will get to in a moment. First up, as you can see I have been making a fair bit of progress lately and and quite happy with how far my army has come. By the next few weeks, my army should be looking like this:

Gabriel, Master of the First + Command Squad + Land Raider Crusader (Transport)

(Plan on starting next week)

Suriel, Master of the 3rd + Command Squad + Razorback

(Due to an unfortunate accident, Suriel is undergoing a complete rebuild)

Tactical Squad 1 + Rhino

Tactical Squad 2 + Rhino

(Have 5 Marines left to paint, also a Rhino)

Dreadnought x 3

Basically, I have managed to secure a week off work in 3 weeks time, and because of the fact that I plan to have the above completed by then, I am a little unsure on what I'd like to complete next.

That's where (hopefully) you guys come in. I have no idea on what to add to my army after this point. According to the force organisational chart, I still have 3 troops choices, 3 fast attack, and 2 heavy slots that I can still fill, but am more than happy to create models out of this structure however, eg, I plan on someday doing up a Chaplain despite the fact that I am restricted to two HQ choices. The way I see it, the more units I have completed the better, as long as it all makes sense fluff wise. I was considering doing up another Tac Squad or two, but as these guys tend to get a little tedious after a while, I'd like to ask you all for suggestions as to what you would like to see next.

So, any suggestions?

Well Stobz would say that with three Vindies in the pipeline ;) :)

Big guns are a must-have for sure... however, I would suggest Ravenwing! It is as iconic for the DAs as the DW and also something that you'd eventually will have to do. I would also like to see how you'd go about doing the bikes. Will they be predominantly red, or black or metal? Especially if you put the robed sergeant on one...

Tanks will also be cool though! :)

Archived