Camdoran Crusade

Marshal Reinhard

"Does it come in black?

gallery_65134_8775_131986.jpg

Early WIP shot of the first Sicaran after its been primed and the painting process has been started. Always wonder if I should go white on some areas whenever I do a new vehicle, but always end up with the all black (and various metal detailing and red white Templar bling). Anyway, the Sicaran really DOES look nice in black, but to be fair it probably looks nice in every colour. But mine's black.

That is awesome. This gives me a wonderful urge to finish my current vow and get to the next as my sicaran is sitting there crying for attention. Very nice templar iconography as well.

I like how FW added cut outs on the side so that we'd have someplace to stick our crusade badges. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking one of these is going to end up on my list. :)

Thank you Brother Reinhard, I can imagine they would make a massive presence on 6 x 4 battlefield, let alone a painting desk. tongue.png

So I can wait for the pic Brother. As and when you get the chance. biggrin.png

What do you know, they all fit on my desk after all - tada!

gallery_65134_8775_79280.jpg

...Naw I'm just kidding, just used that lid as a means of transporting them all outside to see if I could take a photo on a wider surface. Here's a test shot with just the contemptors. As the sun was low they cast some mean shadows... angles do matter was the lesson learned. The two following shots are wider than usualy, so unless you click them to see full size, the ratio gets distorted - at least here it does.

gallery_65134_8775_271440.jpg

So here then is the final shot. I tried to set them up in a somewhat coherent manner, organized by squads and so on, but still fitting them close together so i would have to step too far back. The result is that they still more or less look like a angry horde of black gorillas. The picture size is the biggest that the forum gallery allows, so everyone's still rather tiny.

gallery_65134_8775_746899.jpg

Didn't include any of the tartaros terminators, ass those're really just meant to represent guys in artificer armor. They might get a shot of their own some day, but that'll be once the HG are done. I did include the two HH preators though because I haven't rationaled that cataphractii are representing anything but terminator armor.

EDIT: Oh right, I actually took a quick snapshot of the entire crusade a while ago. Everythin completed at that point anyway. Never posted it because it turned out it was blurry like mad, but figure it'd be usefull to see how my crusade is balanced

gallery_65134_8775_114849.jpg

What's better than a fast tank armed with a Heavy 6 rending twinlinked autocannon, lascannons and a heavy bolter? Two fast tanks armed with Heavy 6 rending twinlinked autocannons, lascannons and heavy bolters!

gallery_65134_8775_302700.jpg

Gotten pretty far with the Sicarans now, think I'm at the point where its just a little bit of dirt and they're done. Easily one the best looking tanks in 40k, forgeworld or otherwise, if you ask me.

http://www.java-forums.org/attachments/advanced-java/5842d1389171037t-give-me-way-understand-my-big-assignment-problem-guy-takes-off-ones-set-sunglasses-but-has-second-set-aswell.gif

it's beautiful

... and as those following the ETLIII thread already knows, I've now finished my second vow, the two sicarans. Will try to take some more/better pictures tomorrow, but this will do for now.

gallery_65134_8775_340030.jpg

Now if only that Fire Raptor piece would arrive so that I can get to work to on it. Suppose I could start painting the pilot and whatnot. model the base.

On such occasions, I'm not sure if such pictures are cool or just cruel. They make me realize that there is a whole new (forge) world which is far, far beyond my reach and which makes such amazing models. Amazing job, they look astonishing!

Yes, but the one that is really going to make me weep (with joy hopefully), is the Fire Raptor. That bird is wicked looking with a Capital "W".

While the Sicarans may have looked their best in black, the Fire Raptor must surely have been made to be in black

gallery_65134_8775_43252.jpg

Still haven't gotten my missing piece yet, but as I found out, I could pretty much complete assembly anyway and start painting it. Only limited to finishing it after the piece arrives, but that's fine as I don't have much else on the plate for now.

*Hums the music theme to Airwolf*

Still no missing piece, but work's been progressing fairly well regardless. Here's how she looks now

gallery_65134_8775_164700.jpg

Also tried putting to some heat discoloring on the engine exhausts. Not sure how it looks yet, but i've not added the soot yet either.

gallery_65134_8775_222562.jpg

gonna start on the flying base next, then continue touching up and imprpoving, while waiting for the missing piece

Archived