Camdoran Crusade

Marshal Reinhard

Another WIP of Mr. Knight

As you can see, he's still very much a work in progress, though I like how he's coming along overall.

gallery_65134_9442_131560.jpg

Particularly happy with how the eyes behind the mask turned out, though it was a bit hard to capture on image. Also, good lord all those misses are very unflattering up close.

gallery_65134_9442_105751.jpg

Been second guessing my choice of colour scheme, the very vanilla House Terryn, quite a lot since seeing all the amazing black and white themes people on the forum have been churning out. What's more I've been going with the colors I have on hand, which are not quite the right tone, but I think it will feel alright in the end. Hopefully

Looks good! I am really loving all these knight models smile.png. Don't worry about misses/brushmarks/etc. These are things you only ever see in photos. I always force myself to place the model on the table and look at it as I'd play it. (while working on it), helps curb the over attention to detail smile.png.

Was going to suggest ebay, searched one for you and someone is selling one at £29.99, !!!!!!!!!, and stating that they are LTD release?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Ximperial+knight+transfer+sheet&_nkw=imperial+knight+transfer+sheet&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Are they limited?

the one listed does appear to be different to mine now that I check but that still crazy !

Those prices are complete and utter ripoffs. That same transfer sheet (A4) sized is available for £12.00 from GW themselves:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1310002a&prodId=prod2380153a

It's a different sheet from what is included in the Knight Box however, so while It has a lot lovely transfers, not the ones I'm after.

Slowly trotting along:

gallery_65134_9442_48281.jpg

Since I've started adding transfers one might think that I am nearing completion, but that would be assuming I work under logic. No, still lots left do here, not least of all a fitting base, but also other work you'd normally do before putting on transfers. I feel a bit more confident about the tone of the colors now, though that's probably hard to make out since I seem to keep on insisting taking my WIP shots under the most apalling of lighting conditions.

I'm currently wondering what kind of motif to go on the bone colored pauldron and knee cap. They usually look to match each other. I also wanted to incorporate a Templar cross somewhere

So.. wouldn't a templar cross be the answer then? Full cross on the knee, half cross on the shoulders (I think shoulders are always half-iconography?). Or do you want something fancier than that?

Starting to look fairly accomplished now

gallery_65134_9442_267192.jpg

Mostly feel like I've got highlights, some additional work on the base as well as some detail work here and there. Tried upping the lighting a bit to get a better pic, not sure it accomplished much more beyond producting a vicious glare from the shield decal

gallery_65134_9442_142181.jpg

In the end he turned out to be rather low on templar crosses, only one cross, on the knight's banner that's detailing his personal honours.. and that's gotten mud all over it. Overall feel pretty happy with how he's turned out. Absolute blast of a kit to work with and can't wait to start another.

Arhanor: That's actually a pretty awesome sounding idea that I may just employ in the future...

That is a beautiful, ornate knight! Well done brother! And being light on templar crosses is not as bad as it may seem on this forum. Not every knight will have distinguished himself enough to receive the honor (yet). If you paint another one in the same house color, maybe that one has served longer and has more prominent BT imagery, then you can have a "knight and squire" msn-wink.gif

Only a minor update, again on the Knight front (Which i guess is technically not part of the crusade, but I guess i can post here anyway?)

The Knight has gotten a friend.

gallery_65134_9442_280662.jpg

Promptly put him together yesterday, with the exception of the armor platings, which like last time are only dryfitted at this stage.

In the end it looks I was a bit too zealous last night when putting him together, as any thoughts of possibly reposing the legs were completely forgotten. Ah well, next time right?

I only now realize that from this angle their posses look a bit too similiar.

Seems ETL starts on may 1st. That's a fairly long time to restrain my painting itch... I can probably solve it somehow though....

That said, are we still our own forum for this? Or are we now cooperating with other 'vanilla' marines?

From what Honda has gathered from the good Captain, we're pretty much with the Vanilla boat... :(

But if our Forum leads and wins... which might be the case... then we get our picture on the banner :)

A good cure are either Knights, exclusive HH stuff (which I know you have heaps of) and Inquisitorial Allies

I think ETL this year might go by the Codex... i.e. if your Codex has it, or your Codex allows it, then you can paint it...

So stuff that belongs to other Codex or stuff that we don't exclusively have the ability to have, such as Imperial Knights or Inquisitorial Allies, will have their own entry....

but that's what me thinks, I could be totally wrong...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived