Custom Blood Angel Dice

Evicerator

so this thread literally caused me to register on this site for those dice ^_^ I am still fairly new to warhammer and havent even bought anything warhammer related. but I do know im gonna be playing Blood Angels and those dice would be perfect. A :D question though, how many different color dice do you need for this game? (I know in mech warriors(which I played a long time ago before wizkids fell under) used just 2 different color dice to determines hits.) that will determine how many of which dice I would buy. if someone could please help me with this before I make a list that would be awesome. And I look forward to this product

so this thread literally caused me to register on this site for those dice ^_^ I am still fairly new to warhammer and havent even bought anything warhammer related. but I do know im gonna be playing Blood Angels and those dice would be perfect. A :D question though, how many different color dice do you need for this game? (I know in mech warriors(which I played a long time ago before wizkids fell under) used just 2 different color dice to determines hits.) that will determine how many of which dice I would buy. if someone could please help me with this before I make a list that would be awesome. And I look forward to this product

You can easily make due with just one color.

Say you have a squad with 5 bolters, a plasma gun and a missile launcher in rapid fire range.

Roll 10 dice for the bolters to hit, roll the those to see how many wound, your opponent knows he has X bolter wounds. Roll 2 dice for the plasma gun, then roll those for wounds. then roll one for the missile launcher. it's all pretty fast, I never found rolling multiple colored dice for different weapons all at once to save much time.

At most, you'd probably need three colors. I'd say just order whatever color(s) appeal to you.

If possible I'd love to add 10 Signature Black/Red to my previous request.

Let us know if you do get overwhelmed friend. If you will accept I'm more than happy to chip in a little extra for you personally given the work you're putting in to get this discount, navigate international shipping, etc.

20 Signature Velvet Black/red

20 Signature Velvet Red/white

20 Signature Gemini Black-White/Red

At $0.39 each plus $17 for shipping that should come to about $40.50 right?

~Edit. Please add

30x signature velvet red/white and

30x signature black-red/gold

Thanks.

If possible I'd love to add 10 Signature Black/Red to my previous request.

Let us know if you do get overwhelmed friend. If you will accept I'm more than happy to chip in a little extra for you personally given the work you're putting in to get this discount, navigate international shipping, etc.

Thanks for the offer. The group buy isn't overwhelming, just trying to keep it that way, haha. It's rewarding to see everyone so excited to get something like this (same as myself).

Updated your order.

20 Signature Velvet Black/red

20 Signature Velvet Red/white

20 Signature Gemini Black-White/Red

At $0.39 each plus $17 for shipping that should come to about $40.50 right?

including paypal fees and guesstimating the split shipping from Chessex to me, you'd come to *approximately* $43.30

((.39*60) + 17) *1.04 + 0.30 + ~1.00

so this thread literally caused me to register on this site for those dice :) I am still fairly new to warhammer and havent even bought anything warhammer related. but I do know im gonna be playing Blood Angels and those dice would be perfect. A ;) question though, how many different color dice do you need for this game? (I know in mech warriors(which I played a long time ago before wizkids fell under) used just 2 different color dice to determines hits.) that will determine how many of which dice I would buy. if someone could please help me with this before I make a list that would be awesome. And I look forward to this product

Welcome to the B&C brother!

I'd suggest buying 30 dice in one color. Typically a squad of space marines won't inflict more than 30 hits (30 dice rolled). If you're like many of us, you'll likely play a Death Company army and dice to match their color scheme is nice too, but not necessary. Food for thought.

Original Post updated.

Amazingly, the dice have gotten cheap enough (thank you, group buy!) that I can afford some. Mine might get a little complicated because I want a variety of these guys!

9 Velvet Black/Red

9 Velvet Red/White

9 Gemini Black-Red/Gold

9 Gemini Black-White/Red

Total: 36 dice

36*$.39 = $14.04

$14.04*1.03 = $14.46

Even after shipping... I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD THIS! :o

The one thing I'm not sure about is the shipping. I'll go ahead and put in the order as officially as this entire group buy is, but I'm not sure how much the shipping will cost me. I'm in the US.

This is some fantastic work, thanks for all your work Evicerator! Only real problem now is I cant decide what to get! :tu: I cant decide between;

Option A - 10 Signature Gemini Black-Red/gold, 30 Signature Velvet Red/white, 10 Signature Velvet Black/red

or

Option B - 30 Signature Gemini Black-Red/gold, 10 Signature Velvet Red/white, 10 Signature Velvet Black/red

Which do people think is better for the 'main' dice, for want of a better term? The Velvet Red/white (my first thought) or the Gemini Black-Red/gold?

If it helps anyone else, I have been looking around for further images of these colour combo's (all great choices I think Evicerator!):

Velvet Red/white:

http://dicecollector.net/JB/Dice%20-%206D%20-%20Chessex%20Velvet%20Red%20with%20White%20with%20Symbol%20-%20SK%20Collection%20Nov%202010.jpg

(below, with gold instead of white - we're looking at white as above)

http://crystal-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photos/680740/large/velvet%20red%20gold%2016mm.jpg

Gemini Black-Red/gold:

http://www.reapersrevenge.co.uk/Images/Chessex/Gemini/Gemini%20Black-Red.jpg

Velvet Black/red:

http://crystal-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photos/680745/large/velvet%20black%20red%2016mm.jpg

Any thoughts? I know its a personal choice and I should be making this decision myself, but thought I'd ask as I am torn! I will make sure I decide what combo to go for in the next 48hrs Evicerator, but it will be 50 to the UK for me please if possible.

Amazingly, the dice have gotten cheap enough (thank you, group buy!) that I can afford some. Mine might get a little complicated because I want a variety of these guys!

9 Velvet Black/Red

9 Velvet Red/White

9 Gemini Black-Red/Gold

9 Gemini Black-White/Red

Total: 36 dice

36*$.39 = $14.04

$14.04*1.03 = $14.46

Even after shipping... I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD THIS! :woot:

The one thing I'm not sure about is the shipping. I'll go ahead and put in the order as officially as this entire group buy is, but I'm not sure how much the shipping will cost me. I'm in the US.

Glad to see you hopped on. Always seen your name in the "viewing thread now" at the bottom. Haha.

Shipping will be $6.50 in the U.S. as a *rough* estimate.

Ok stick me down for 36 can you get the plastic cases that chessex do for the dice also?

I'd like Opaque Black/Red Please.

You're referring to the Signature Gemini Black/Red with Gold pips or the Velvet Black with Red pips? I have you down for the Gemini ones until I hear back from you.

As far as the plastic cases for the dice, I've been saying no to anything that won't fit within a Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box (16mm x 3 wide/deep = 48mm = 1.8 inches. The box is 1.575 inches at it's smallest measurement.)

This is some fantastic work, thanks for all your work Evicerator! Only real problem now is I cant decide what to get! :woot: I cant decide between;

Option A - 10 Signature Gemini Black-Red/gold, 30 Signature Velvet Red/white, 10 Signature Velvet Black/red

or

Option B - 30 Signature Gemini Black-Red/gold, 10 Signature Velvet Red/white, 10 Signature Velvet Black/red

Which do people think is better for the 'main' dice, for want of a better term? The Velvet Red/white (my first thought) or the Gemini Black-Red/gold?

If it helps anyone else, I have been looking around for further images of these colour combo's (all great choices I think Evicerator!):

Velvet Red/white:

http://dicecollector.net/JB/Dice%20-%206D%20-%20Chessex%20Velvet%20Red%20with%20White%20with%20Symbol%20-%20SK%20Collection%20Nov%202010.jpg

(below, with gold instead of white - we're looking at white as above)

http://crystal-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photos/680740/large/velvet%20red%20gold%2016mm.jpg

Gemini Black-Red/gold:

http://www.reapersrevenge.co.uk/Images/Chessex/Gemini/Gemini%20Black-Red.jpg

Velvet Black/red:

http://crystal-cdn.crystalcommerce.com/photos/680745/large/velvet%20black%20red%2016mm.jpg

Any thoughts? I know its a personal choice and I should be making this decision myself, but thought I'd ask as I am torn! I will make sure I decide what combo to go for in the next 48hrs Evicerator, but it will be 50 to the UK for me please if possible.

I personally like the Gemini Black/red/gold as it symbolizes the three primary colors that BA adorn (Red for non DC, Black for DC, Gold for Veteran/HG/SG).

I like the Velvet Black/Red cause it's a bad @$$ looking color, but is mostly representative of DC army/unit.

I don't like the Red/White cause BA barely use white in their color scheme aside from feathers on their wings.

Just throwing out my thoughts to give perspective on why i chose the colors I chose for my dice.

BTW, thanks for the pic of the Red/White as I had to use the Red/Gold pic to represent them (figured it was a close enough color)

(BALLS... had thought the forums appended consecutive posts together...)

At this rate we are going to make it to the next price drop !

Haha, if only there was another discount level. We've reached their highest level of discount.

but we're currently getting 60% off their standard prices, so I can't complain.

On a side note: Went to the post office today and got all of the boxes, labels, and customs forms (btw I checked Germany, UK, Denmark, and Australia's customs sites and it appears to be the case that customs and VAT are only assessed on goods valued over £135, so no customs fees =D). Started filling those out with what I can to get a head start on this so when ship day arrives, it's as simple as sorting and separating and then shipping them out to everyone.

Welcome to the B&C brother!

I'd suggest buying 30 dice in one color. Typically a squad of space marines won't inflict more than 30 hits (30 dice rolled). If you're like many of us, you'll likely play a Death Company army and dice to match their color scheme is nice too, but not necessary. Food for thought.

Original Post updated.

so only one color of dice is actually needed for rolling purposes then?

Yes only one is needed but some of us like to have different color dice to roll everything at once. You might roll 20 attacks for your squad but then have 4 more power sword attacks that you want to roll differently. I would use 4 different dice so I could roll them all at the same time. I have 2 sets of 12 dice that I use right now and mostly I just roll them together so you will be fine ether way you do it. Me personally I like different color dice but you dont need them at all.

~m

Yes only one is needed but some of us like to have different color dice to roll everything at once. You might roll 20 attacks for your squad but then have 4 more power sword attacks that you want to roll differently. I would use 4 different dice so I could roll them all at the same time. I have 2 sets of 12 dice that I use right now and mostly I just roll them together so you will be fine ether way you do it. Me personally I like different color dice but you dont need them at all.

~m

Exactly. Most 40k'ers use different color dice to depict specific models and their attacks, simply to speed things up. But that isn't necessary or required at all.

Archived