Educated Dark Angel Speculation

I ve been through the leaked pdf, of the sixth rulebook.If half of what it reads in there is true,the game will change drastically and some of those wislisted will be general rules.

Much MUCH speculation on this ranging from:

- early playtest

- the designers given license to run wild

- a fan made change to the rules for local club play

- a hoax

I'm inclined to believe that it will bear very little resemblence to 6th. It makes MSU even stronger and large blobs weaker, it makes fielding all infantry practically unplayable and it makes tanks stronger unless every single one of your units has an anti tank weapon.

As to us being rolled in to C:SM, it is highly likely that Chaos will be the big release in early 6th ed. It's not wholly unfeasible that Dark Angels/Space Marines will not get an early release so that the Chaos stuff will get shifted.

Like I said. I'm waiting to see.

I ve been through the leaked pdf, of the sixth rulebook.If half of what it reads in there is true,the game will change drastically and some of those wislisted will be general rules.

Much MUCH speculation on this ranging from:

- early playtest

- the designers given license to run wild

- a fan made change to the rules for local club play

- a hoax

I'm inclined to believe that it will bear very little resemblence to 6th. It makes MSU even stronger and large blobs weaker, it makes fielding all infantry practically unplayable and it makes tanks stronger unless every single one of your units has an anti tank weapon.

As to us being rolled in to C:SM, it is highly likely that Chaos will be the big release in early 6th ed. It's not wholly unfeasible that Dark Angels/Space Marines will not get an early release so that the Chaos stuff will get shifted.

Like I said. I'm waiting to see.

While i am on the same boat as you,i dont discard it so casually mainly because i have the 4th and 5th ed BRB leaks (dont ask). And while changes were made the majority of it was there.So while i agree with points 1-3 i dont agree with point 4.

While i am on the same boat as you,i dont discard it so casually mainly because i have the 4th and 5th ed BRB leaks (dont ask). And while changes were made the majority of it was there.So while i agree with points 1-3 i dont agree with point 4.

There are some monumental flaws in it that are just downright bad game design. It's been discussed to death elsewhere and I won't derail this thread with it. 5th as a game system needs just a few tweaks (mostly around vehicle damge, vehicle cover saves and wound allocation), not sweeping changes.

Anyone else think we could use some useful psychic powers that aren't carbon copies of the SM ones? Bring on the "Lion Lance", "Shield of the Lion" and "Unleash the Fallen"!

I read that. pinch of salt, as per usual. As I said on Warseer, if we are in the box set (confirmed by a number of reliable rumour mongers), they can't leave us as we are, and a white dwarf update won't be good enough. So we might get 2 or 3 plastic kits and an updated, if not necessarily hugely divergent codex so when Chaos comes out they get huge amounts of plastic love.

April is Empire/paints. Not sure a big 40k release is in line for May. Maybe a splash release (necrons?). Then we're getting into dodgy territory.

Last Edition:

April: Nothing (LoTR?)

May: Daemons (big splash release 2 books)

June: Nothing (maybe a splash release? I can't remember, or some LoTR)

July: 5th Edition rulebook

August: Dark Elves (Fantasy)

September: AoBR

October: Codex: Space Marines

November: Warrios of Chaos (fantasy)

So, given there are still fantasy books being worked on:

April: Empire & Paints

May: ???

June: ???

July: 6th Edition rulebook

August: ???

September: New Box set (Dark Angels and Chaos)

October: Codex: Chaos (legions)

November: Hobbit (movie comes out, capitalise on the wave)

So bearing in mind there are some old WFB armies that need an update, you have 3 slots between WFB (at least 2), Tau (I know for a fact they've been in playtesting at the very least), Dark Angels (which we know nothing about). LoTR probably won't get an update. I can certainly see us in August. I can also see us in June, but with such a big release in April, I can't see May being an option.

Archived