What will you do if / when?

captain sox

Hi everyone,

Just curious what you are all going to do when / if new models come out. With your Terminators, will you just add some new ones, or will you upgrade all your models? I'm in am interesting situation where I'm in the process of stripping and starting them with new paint. I only have about 30, so I'm thinking any new models will be used just for sergeants/characters.

What about the rest of you?

I've already got a ton of stuff to build and paint for my DA, so I'll see if the new models are worth buying, then add to what I've got.

Really want a Storm Eagle - shame we can't capitalise on the maximum capacity though ;)

Until I have my entire First Company, I don't have enough Terminators. :)

After that, there are always other Chapters' First Companies to collect. :D

This^^^

Between DAs, DoC and Consecrators I have a good 300 Termies potential! It will keep me occupied for a while :)

I'm at about 70/100 terminators for my first company so I'll buy 30 more if we get new models!

When could you possibly field and entire 1st Company??

I'm impressed and inspired by this!!

100 Terminators would be awesome.

When you absolutely, positively need to kill every last living :cuss :D in the room, accept no substitutes! :D

Somebody slap that on the front of a Landraider. Deathwing gold.

The chapter cant have enough terminators EVA.Ill keep mine as is and simply add.

I have a squad of those second edition medal models plus some plastic bits(everything except helms and arms) plus a grey knight set.

So after conversion and stuff i should net around 15.So why throw em?

When you absolutely, positively need to kill every last living :cuss :D in the room, accept no substitutes! :D

Somebody slap that on the front of a Landraider. Deathwing gold.

Siged...

I've pretty much forced myself to stop buying anything until I see what they come up with. I could certainly use a bunch more TH/SS to run the lists I do, but I'm afraid I might make the investment and the new Codex will totally change that.

As for when the box does come out, I'll probably just buy one, maybe two, to augment my force now (I only have about 30 or so terminators though). I mean, any Deathwing fan has to buy at least one even if you simply mix them throughout your current sqauds. I'm assuming it will have the apoth bits in it, so I'll probably make some sort of command squad from at least part of it. And maybe it will have new options for more PWs and such depending on what they do to our Codex.

I'm definitely going to pick at least a box of termies. I'm hoping we get a standard bearer as well apothecary bits, plus the heavy weapon options included. I'm only sitting on 40 terminators right now, could always use more.

If any new DA kits are released, be they DW, a new upgrade sprue, something like that, then I am probably going to buy a few - provided they actually look good to me.

And that is by no means guaranteed. I loved the old (3rd ed) Space Wolf upgrade sprue, but the new basic SW box is just way ott to my mind. So I really hope this is not going to happen with any new DA models.

I'm sitting at 35 terminators + 3 versions of Belial. I'll probably get 1-3 more boxes depending on how the rules change for deathwing. I do want to save money for any other DA specific kits they come out with after all.

Interesting how we have become so DW centric. What if there are no new DW TDA models, but PA instead, how about RW??? The old metal DW were aligned with the Plains World, the current DA format is a Monastery Monk theme. Now some new Robed TDA might be nice, but I fore one am not a real fan of the format. Lets be real combat in robes is not a realistic option, yep it is a fantasy universe though.

Not at all LW, if we 'own' the new SM dex all the better if you ask me. (ducks for cover ;) )

OT; I gave away 30 or so metal DW a couple of years ago, I now have 30 plastics all with the magnetted arms of 50 TDA dudes.

If GW come to the party and produce cool DW (in robes) I will buy at least enough to complete 6 troops choices (so 30-60 TDA).

That will be next years painting project. I will be able to (re)use all the arms I currently have for some variety.

If they suck I will get stuck into my unpainted RW.

:ermm:

stobz

EDIT: I'd forgotten about the new 'template', BC Sharp is quite correct (below).

Is anyone concerned by GW's putting DA and BT under vanilla marines on GW's site?

We've been there for quite a while. Also, some people stumbled upon the Template for the new Dark Angels section that will probably be created with the release of a new codex.

Me ... I think with tax season at a wrap up, I think I will be treating myself to 5 of the new Forgeworld Tartaros pattern terminators.

Though, I already have quite a few boxes of regular, gk and space hulk termies, I think the Forgeworld ones are so spiffy, they will be the ones I model and play with, untill (hopefully) GW comes out with a robed kit, in which case I will more than gladly hand over my money for a few boxes and either use them stock, or mix and match them with further Forgeworld creations. I just love the older look.

I ordered Forge World's tartaros pattern terminators because they're terminator models that I didn't own. I've been scouring eBay for the prototype lead models from the 80s (two down, one to go). I deliberately try to field as many generations of terminator model in my Deathwing squads as I can. If GW release new Deathwing models they will be mine, no question about it.

I don't understand the idea of 'upgrading' my models. Adding to my collection, yes, but doing away with old models just because a new version is available? That's weird to me. The rules change, my opponents change, but the models in my collection are a connection to twenty years of gaming. They do sometimes get repainted though.

Archived