Knights Hospitaller

The perdator/razorback mix was kind of just a fun project. I won some random bits in an ebay auction and was trying to figure out what to do with them. So I combined them to make some predator/razorback alternates. Most of the guns that aren't from the actual perdator or razorback are from Leman Russ tank kits, and the tower is a gun turret base that came from the imperial strongpoint set. I haven't finished working on them yet like putting personell in the hatches etc. Waiting for some inspiration on that. Let me know what Ideas you have.

Sivsmitty: That SOB model you linked to is really cool. It might be fun to have that model represent the Nurse/Apothicary models for the whole company. Or have a unit of the sister hospitallers that count as something else that show up in most of my lists representing the medical wing of the army.

sorry for such a long first post but was very excited to see this topic as its a passion of mine

i also came up with the idea of the Knights Hospialler, i was a member of saint john's ambulance (the modern day version of the knights) when i was younger, and i'm now a nurse. I kept everything very similar, as the knights actual symbol was the white cross on the black background, (then a white cross on a red background then it changed back again) i decided to go with that, but to mark them as different to BT i then put a red cross inside the white Maltese cross, and made their trim white on black armour (really easy to paint, good thing too as i have 13000 points worth of them)

for back ground i wrote them up as starting out as a crusade of the BT's. sometime during the 34th mil, after a brutal battle the marshall was gifted a vision from the emperor and started to shift the focus of the crusade towards helping people. They started out by recruiting large amounts of serfs, who would form a medical corp and travel behind them helping war torn human populations as the crusade fought on. Then during a great battle envolving many chapters of SM they started to aid other chapters medically.

It was decided that chapter serfs should not work on space marines and so more medics where needed (my spelling is really poor to i will use non codex words so this is more readable) so the hospitallers started training more medic's they also started harvesting the gene seed of the dead of other chapters so that they could return it to the the chapter in question. (infact they will collect the bodies and battle gear if possible so they may return it to its home chapter) Not all chapters where happy with this practise, as it was a duty that the hospitallers considered important (more gene seed means more space marines) so they formed a special company within the crusade called "the guard" whose duty would be to guard the vaults of gene seed the hospitallers collected. All the suits of terminator armour where given over to the guard and only the most pure and honest marines where recuited.

By the 37thm the high marshall of the BT's asked the High lords to official name the hospitallers as a chapter in its own right. The chapter started to break down into crusades of its own, but 2 very different types the first type is the attacking crusades which follow the standard pattern of a normal BT crusade with additional support in the form of serfs from the medical core. The other crusades are the medical crusades, these are the larger crusades that attach themselves to the large crusades The sabbat crusade, etc) lending medical support for marines and imperial guard as well as military support.

by the 41stm the hospitallers are well accepted by all their brethren. even their harshest critics are won over when a strike cruiser appears bearing gene speed and war gear thought lost to the chapter. with very careful documation of all details of how they came to be with the hospitallers. this is also helped by the hospitallers learning about the funereal rights of many the chapters so they can pay proper homage to the fallen in their chapters own traditions (knowledge rarely if ever shared outside a chapter)

rule wise i started this project way back in the beginning of 4th ed, i picked the two chapter traits where you could replace the sgt with an medic and the one that gave you true grit. and would then use the BT codex when i changed the type of crusade. then 5th ed came out and i cried (i'm sure as hell not remodelling all those guys with bolter and chainsword) then forge world printed IA 9 & 10 (woot i love you forgeworld) and gave me cullen and shen so all the money i spent on putting a medic in each squad is no longer wasted, lysander is captain of the guard, and i plan on unleashing all 13000 points against the word bearers later this year

thank you for reading my ramblings

Montpup

Archived