Sign-up for the COWWOF.

Jake-Mulraney

Always great to have the Wolf Brothers on board. I'll make sure I throw that one in.

Grim, any ideas for the name of the desert region and the continent?

I was having a bit of trouble with that. To be honest, I can't help but wonder if continents would be named for the Planet followed by a number or indication of terrain or size.

So Asia would be Terra Alpha Gargan (Gargantuan or alternatively Terra Alpha Primaris)

The Americas would be Terra Beta Largo (Large)

Africa would be Terra Gamma Largo

Europe would be Terra Delta Modes (Medium/Modest)

Oceania would be Terra Epsilon Minor (Alternatively Minoris)

My reason for wondering this is just going by the size and scope of the Imperium. If every planet's continent had a different name (perhaps locally they do, but administratively it would be a bit confusing with the inevitability of naming overlap) then it would be rather difficult to keep track of - and difficult to come up with a new name for every continent.

By this system, you can tell the planet, the order of size(in the example above)/population/terrain designation, and how big it actually is (again in the model above.)

Call it a cop out, but I think it fits with the universe and takes away a headache of writing. Cities of course, would have their own names - but that still cuts down on the workload.

As per usual you cease to amaze me Grim. Some truely stunning creative writing their, buddy. Good job. :)

I hope you mean I never cease to amaze you, otherwise you're already disappointed in me :) Judging by the next part, I think you mean the former ;P

Thanks!

I can't wait to see what other people will be putting up.

Finally, please note that Oden's armour has changed slightly. His chest plate now has a small honour shield from the great crusade at its fore front guarding his neck, while the whole chest plate is draped in chainmail.

Finally, please note that Oden's armour has changed slightly. His chest plate now has a small honour shield from the great crusade at its fore front guarding his neck, while the whole chest plate is draped in chainmail.

You know, I was just thinking, Grim's retconned Oden's armour. What a cop out. :)

I take it you are currently in Terra Gamma Largo

I made the correct adjustments to my other post. Lol. I could never get dissappointed with you're literature, Grim.

Also, anyone who has Skype, if you're okay with it, please could you post you're Skype cantact name or PM it to me?

It would be great if I could cantact people directly and I need to talk to people about an idea I had for the main plot of the story. I don't really want to reveal it on here as it would be a spoiler for readers. Would be good to discuss it with people.

Cheers guys :)

You know, I was just thinking, Grim's retconned Oden's armour. What a cop out. :)

I take it you are currently in Terra Gamma Largo

Indeed, I am converting the model for him this weekend and will continue to do so, so some aspects of his armour may very well change. I'll be sure to edit them as we go ;P

EDIT: Chances are though that from here on out, his armour is set and I'll just introduce his new armour as we close this writing, and then just use it in the next one.

I also just realized I should have made a joke about how I pulled a GW on you - retconning the fluff and all ;)

Finally, Terra is Earth so no - however I suppose I would be on Habron Secundus Beta (or Gamma) Largo would be fitting I suppose.

I made the correct adjustments to my other post. Lol. I could never get dissappointed with you're literature, Grim.

Also, anyone who has Skype, if you're okay with it, please could you post you're Skype cantact name or PM it to me?

It would be great if I could cantact people directly and I need to talk to people about an idea I had for the main plot of the story. I don't really want to reveal it on here as it would be a spoiler for readers. Would be good to discuss it with people.

Cheers guys :)

I'm already on Skype with Jake. Would be good to get some more presence. Either that, or a closed FB group.

Not that I'm putting any pressure up here, but what happens if someone doesn't make the one week period?

Because if someone misses out, and I can only update Tuesdays then it's two weeks before we have a new round ...

Also, don't expect anything this weekend if we finish this round early. I will be absent until Sunday night.

This was a concern of mine when we started this and I think I have come up with a solution...

Instead of having a new posting round started every tuesday and then waiting for writers to post up when they can we could have each day of the week designated to a certain writer and it is that writers responsibility to post on their day.

EG.

Jake Mulraney - Monday

GrimApostle - Tuesday

King Willy - Wednesday

Irondragon66 - Thursday

Olisredan - Friday

Nineswords - Satuday

Bongfu - Sunday

Obviously, this would close the COWWOF to newcomers and it would only be us from here on out.

My personal thoughts on this is that it's a good idea because when too many writers get involved in these projects it can become very tedious waiting for you're turn to post and can become very complicated when too many characters are being followed.

I want to put it down to a vote but I don't know how to make a poll ;) so let me know you're thoughts on this and we'll come to an aggreement.

Also. I no longer have acces to facebook, skype or any other kind of messanger/social networking site. I am only able to access my E-mails through the college computers and usually, I'm only able to access B&C the same way but might be able to get on at night time. I will still be able to use it daily but I'll probably need peoples E-mails if they want to plan story developement with me.

Sorry guys. :/

I'd be okay with this but we'd need to wait until at least next week to implement it.

What if we had it so that rather than that being our post day, it was the deadline for a post? That way if someone has a post ready, they can put it up on the same day as their predecessor posts?

It also means we have a more or less constant flow of writing coming in.

I'd be okay with this but we'd need to wait until at least next week to implement it.

What if we had it so that rather than that being our post day, it was the deadline for a post? That way if someone has a post ready, they can put it up on the same day as their predecessor posts?

It also means we have a more or less constant flow of writing coming in.

This is good for me.

Let's post up what we have. I'll post up what I've got later today, so at least I've hit my deadline and Bong Fu can get on with it. We'll just have to work around the occasional no-show, which is a real strength of having several writers. At this point there's minimal contact between characters anyway.

Waiting on you Olisreadan.

Edit: I can only assume everyone is watching Eurovision like my girlfriend.

Apologies - I had work from 7 til just now. I have to deal with drunk people. Granted I got 'em drunk in the first place, but still... ;)

Edit: Also, riffing off of this:

The wind lashed at the armoured behemoths as they strode through the storm. It was unnatural, to be sure, but the blinding fury of a warp excited sand storm seemed rather fitting for such a barren land. What a year ago was rolling hills of wheat, and potatoes, and an assortment of produce to satisfy every taste desired, was today a desert of cracked and broken lands. At least here, just south of the equator on one of the larger continents of Habron Secundus. In other parts of the planet, warp interference had, apparently, produced remarkably different results.

In the North, a massive Hurricane system was marshaling over the arctic, ready to freeze with blasting winds and bury in snow and ice what it otherwise might have lashed with rain. To the East, in the dense forests and marshlands that had long been home to an array of wild beasts, an unnatural mist gathered on the waters and shrouded all in unceasing darkness, feeding off the death and decay of the dying greenery in its mask. But here, Oden and his Chosen were not so lucky, marching in column towards the closest city they could manage. It was further South of them, and Imperial reports said that the Warp Storm had not yet reached the city. Indeed, at the pace the warriors set, they looked like they might escape from its grasp and then from the city altogether without a second look.

With this:

Outside the landscape hadn't changed much. The fields off the the west were still aflame, as was the township. The river still flowed fast toward the northern arctic coast, far beyond the horizon. The sky still didn't have many clouds in it but those that were in sight drifted faster than the river flowed - it was as if the clouds were escaping from something, anything. Following the river, the scouts headed toward the nearest plume of smoke in an attempt to find Mortain, mindful of the circling flyers far above. They shouldn't have much fuel left, thought Geddon as he sheltered under a tree. The nearest planetside airbase was, if he remembered correctly, past the settlements to the west and on the other side of a boreal forest. Beyond the airfields was the marshes and more dense boreal forest where the more serious engagement reports had came from, not long before the squad had departed.

To establish a rough position of my guys. :P

Happy Sunday!

Great read, Oli. This is great for me, because my next instalment would likely see Echo-Nine coming across your men for the first time, so we'll need to discuss what happens.

Also, my bit is up.

Enjoy!

Great read, Oli. This is great for me, because my next instalment would likely see Echo-Nine coming across your men for the first time, so we'll need to discuss what happens.

Cheers! As for our guys coming across one another - If your lot is where Grim's lot was, I'm a reasonable distance to the east (as in at least two forests, an airfield, a town and some fields away)... :P

Cheers! As for our guys coming across one another - If your lot is where Grim's lot was, I'm a reasonable distance to the east (as in at least two forests, an airfield, a town and some fields away)... :P

Yup. That's good. I'll work with that. Bear in mind Echo-Nine is currently where Grim's lot were in the first story, they've moved on since. We can discuss details. Are you around on Skype?

Archived