+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

I really really really want to do a full battle company, but I just think I'd be setting myself up for failure....

my units are very specific, and I need to constantly order various bits online...

you'll see!

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

I still have a few weeks to change my mind though :) :lol: :)

Venerable brother Azdiel is finished and posted along with my new vow which I will post again here in front of my brothers

I farfromsam answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a ten man tactical squad, with flamer, plasma cannon, and a sgt with a power weapon, plasma pistol, and meltabombs from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 220 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the mighty war gods of the first legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end. - farfromsam

here is a link to the thread.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry3072333

For the Lion!

Congratulations farfromsam! First vow for the DAs complete! And first second vow pledged! That's the spirit!

Especially as the other forums are in the war path! Remember - completed vows (not pledged) win the day!!!

Congrats farfromsam - The First Legion's dominance starts here! :D

Brothers! Hear me!

I, Master Ciaphas, captain of the 3rd Company, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Master Sammael of the 2nd Company on his jetbike, a drop pod transport, a Ravenwing Typhoon-pattern Land Speeder and a rhino armoured transport from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 365 points, on or before August 15th, 2012. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Sign of Damnation until the year-end!.

So do I pledge!

My E Tenebrae Lux: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry3081409

“I Dread answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Deathwing Squad 1 from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 235 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Deathwing and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/DeathwingWIP.jpg

Sorry I had already started when I found this comp. Started with black primer, dry brushed ivory then dry brushed white and now to move to detail. I base my DW off the old fluff that once they killed all the genestealers that attacked their homeworld, they painted their black armor white in memory of their fallen. In the fluff it stated that the only marking they had were scratched into the armor, I will forgo that and actually do some color work on them.

I would like to ammend my vow as I made it in the early days of the announcment, I have a much better handle on what I can get done:

Rather than my previous: 10 Tactical Marines - Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Power Sword, 1 Deimos Pattern Rhino with extra storm bolter, 1 Terminator Librarian with combi weapon, 5 Tartaros Pattern Terminators with 2 chainfists and heavy flamer = 630 points

I would like to vow the following instead:

10 Tactical Marines - Plasma Gun, Lascannon

1 Deimos Pattern Rhino with extra storm bolter

1 Deimos Pattern Predator

5 Tartaros Pattern Terminators with 2 chainfists and heavy flamer

1 Interrogator Chaplain - plasma pistol

1 Command squad - Apothecary, Sacred Standard, Power Weapon, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol/CCW

I don't have my codex on me this second (at work) but I will tally the new points total when I get home (unless someone can crunch some numbers). It is a bigger vow than the original, so I don't think it will cause a problem.

I would like to ammend my vow as I made it in the early days of the announcment, I have a much better handle on what I can get done:

Rather than my previous: 10 Tactical Marines - Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Power Sword, 1 Deimos Pattern Rhino with extra storm bolter, 1 Terminator Librarian with combi weapon, 5 Tartaros Pattern Terminators with 2 chainfists and heavy flamer = 630 points

I would like to vow the following instead:

1 Interogator Chaplain - plasma pistol

1 Command squad - Apothecary, Sacred Standard, Power Weapon, Power Weapon, Power Weapon/Storm Shield

I don't have my codex on me this second (at work) but I will tally the new points total when I get home (unless someone can crunch some numbers). It is a bigger vow than the original, so I don't think it will cause a problem.

No probem at all... Get the points and I'll update the vow. Can't wait to see them done! ^_^

“I Polythemus answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete three landspeeder tornados from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 300pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the first legion of space marines, the Dark Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Should this vow be completed with enough time to spare there could be more...

Note one of these has already been started, photos to follow. As an aside these models will be magnetized to be converted to typhoons, does that mean they are really worth 300+ 225(price of three typoons)?

“I Polythemus answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete three landspeeder tornados from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 300pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the first legion of space marines, the Dark Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Should this vow be completed with enough time to spare there could be more...

Note one of these has already been started, photos to follow. As an aside these models will be magnetized to be converted to typhoons, does that mean they are really worth 300+ 225(price of three typoons)?

Sorry, but bo additional points for magnetized parts. After all on the table top you can only use one set of weapons...so pick the highest value weaponry for each Tornado and submit those.

SG

Alright, new total for my vow is 875 points.

1 Interrogator Chaplain - plasma pistol

1 Command squad - Apothecary, Sacred Standard, Power Weapon, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol/CCW (had to change from power weapon storm shield, as there actually is no option for a 3rd power weapon or any storm shields)

When the Master of the Recruits puts out the pledge, we are duty bound to answer his call. For the Honor of the First Legion.

I, Brother Kovash, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Scout unit with Heavy Bolter and Meltabombs from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 100 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels of Resolution, First Legion, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

"Loyalty is it's own reward."

Another LPC-12 veteran jumps on board! Welcome Brother Kovash - nice to see you again in the front lines! ;)

The first page table is updated with your vow! Good luck!

Until the Sword is Reforged!

Hey Cap, I'd like to make some additions to my vow, it should now read

“I, Grotsmasha, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

1 x Mortis pattern Contemptor Dreadnaught

=> 2 x Twin-Linked Lascannons

=> 1 x Cyclone Missile Launcher

1 x Supreme Grand Master Azrael

1 x Interrogator-Chaplain (Asmodai)

=>Plasma Pistol

2 x Company Veterans Squads

=> 5 Veterans with twin Lightning Claws, Combat Shields and Meltabombs.

==> Razorback with Pintle Storm Bolter, Dozerblade, Extra Armour, Twin Linked Lascannons.

=> 5 Veterans with Power weapons, Storm Shields and Meltabombs. 100+75+75+25

==> Razorback with Pintle Storm Bolter, Dozerblade, Extra Armour, Twin Linked Lascannons.

TOTAL POINTS: 1365

from Codex: Dark Angels on or before August 15, 2012. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of the Lion, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.”

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: My WIP is HERE

Your vow is updated Grotsmasha!

Keep it manageable guys - you can always make another vow... :lol:

Of course Jono is an LPC-12 veteran with a purty seal if I recall - so I have faith he will deliver!

EDIT: With Grotsmasha's upgrade the DA forum crossed the 20k limit of pledged points! DAs still leaders in number of first vows (participants) and total points! Well done guys - but do not relax! other forums are devising strategies even as I type these words! :blink:

I have a question: I am building an Imperial Fists Army during the Iron Cage/Great Scouring period since this was a pre-codex era & Dorn & his boys were pretty much crazed zealots I chose C:BA to represent them in a less organized organized fojrm than C:SM. As such can I 'legally' enter the challenge?

I have a question: I am building an Imperial Fists Army during the Iron Cage/Great Scouring period since this was a pre-codex era & Dorn & his boys were pretty much crazed zealots I chose C:BA to represent them in a less organized organized fojrm than C:SM. As such can I 'legally' enter the challenge?

As I understand the rules, you can enter the challenge, but your vow will count for the Blood Angels as its their Codex your using. If you want to vow for one of the C:SM forums, see if you can make the unit from both Codexes.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Just a quick clarification, it doesn't matter which Codex you play, only which Codex you build your 'vow' models from

Grotsmasha got it right. The Codex you choose your units from decides for which camp you fight. So if you choose BA units it's a vow for the BAs and you have to enter it in the BA forum. I sympathize though because it feels like treason :cuss. So let me ask you - aren't Black Templars crazed enough to represnt your Scouring era Imperial Fists? It's an Imperial Fists successor (Second Founding no less) so it's still in the family! :P

Well hello, sorry for not being around much recently but I started a new job which seems to have sapped my time. That on top of the changes to the paint range just left me without much enthusiasm to paint. I think I may jump in with a vow before the deadline but it'll probably only be a small one, though every little helps.

On the plus side, i've ordered a load of Vallejo paints and also bought an airbrush so when I get some time i'll see what I can do. There's been some impressive vows so far, good luck to all involved!

Archived