+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

I, Harleqvin, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 5-man Assault Squad with a Rhino (Power fist, 3 Plasma pistols, Combat shield, Meltabomb, Pintle-mounted Storm bolter and Hunter-killer missile,) and a Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought (Heavy Conversion Beamer, Graviton Gun, Extra Armor, Searchlight, Carapace-mounted Cyclone Missile Launcher and Targeting Augury, from IA: Apocalypse 2nd Edition pages 24-25,) from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 526 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The First Legion, The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end!

Tomorrow I will make a thread in the DA section that will have the pics and will link it to this in an edit. I may end up adding a second vow to this after I finish these.

edit - Here is the link to the thread for my ETL pics. My ETL thread

Big influx of vows here guys - well done! :)

Right now we have Farfromsam and skink that have both managed to complete their second vows and both have moved to a third vow!!! Congratulations guys - you show the way!!! :tu:

@ Grotshmasha: your vow is updated, but keep in mind that there is time until August 15th and you can always vow and vow again... Just saying. ;)

@ PyroX and Harleqvin: Your vows are in guys - front table updated! Good luck!

I am expanding my Vow now and have set up a WIP thread.

I, JeffJedi answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

10 man Devastator Squad with four Lascannon 305 pts

Deathwing Librarian in Terminator Armor 145 pts

Company Master with Power Axe and Storm Bolter 120 pts

5 man Tactical Squad with Powersword 105

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 675 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Doh. I started on some new stuff last week, but already completed a few models. I'll figure out tonight what I expect I can accomplish before August 15, and make a vow shortly.

Edit: I'm assuming I cannot use those models that I do before I make my vow, even if it's during the competition timeframe. That way it can't be seen as "cheating" in any way.

Edit: I'm assuming I cannot use those models that I do before I make my vow, even if it's during the competition timeframe. That way it can't be seen as "cheating" in any way.

Correct. You have to start work on your models after you place your vow. Now if you want to pledge a 10-strong squad and you have only painted one mini, then we can work something out (like excluding the points associated with it) but the general rule is that work has to start afte you make your vow.

“I Brother Tancred answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Tactical squads, a Ravenwing Landspeeder and a Deathwing Terminator squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 745 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

So in a little more detail:

Tactical squad w/powerfist/meltagun/missile launcher

Tactical squad w/power weapon/plasma pistol/plasmagun/ plasma cannon

Ravenwing Landspeeder w/typhoon missile launcher/multi-melta

Deathwing squad w/3 THSS/1 LCs/ cyclone missile launcher

This will be linked to my current WIP thread here.

Correct. You have to start work on your models after you place your vow. Now if you want to pledge a 10-strong squad and you have only painted one mini, then we can work something out (like excluding the points associated with it) but the general rule is that work has to start afte you make your vow.

Hmm dang i was wondering if i could use a full DW squad which i dug out, assembled, no basing/painting so far on them??^...Cmon they got FW shoulderpads!!! <_<

Been making a inventory of my GW stuff, many things in any stage of WiP you can imagine^^

But i guess i should start relearning painting on less expensive models...my problem is, im too much of a perfectionist. at least too much for my skills :huh:

@ Brother Tancred: Welcome on board! Your vow is in and the table updated! Good luck!

Hmm dang i was wondering if i could use a full DW squad which i dug out, assembled, no basing/painting so far on them??^...Cmon they got FW shoulderpads!!! :mellow:

Of course you can. This is a painting competition. When I say: work should start after the you place a vow, I mean: painting should start after you place your vow. Your DW squad sounds like a good candidate for the ETL - go ahead and vow for it! ;)

“I RayJ answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 3 Company Veterans Squads, 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Librarian in Terminator Armor, and 1 Venerable Dreadnought from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 970 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”.

Here is the specific unit details:

145 Librarian in Terminator Armor

150 Venerable Dreadnought

- Plasma Cannon

- Heavy Flamer

100 Tactical Squad

- Meltagun

- Chainsword

100 Tactical Squad

- Meltagun

- Chainsword

125 Company Veterans Squad

- Meltagun

- Power Weapon

- 3 Chainswords

125 Company Veterans Squad

- Meltagun

- Power Weapon

- 3 Chainswords

225 Company Veterans Squad

- +5 Veterans

- Meltagun

- Power Weapon

- 8 Chainswords

Total: 32 Models

These models are already assembled, and are sitting in a bath of Simple Green overnight to strip. Additional bits and magnets will be added to some before priming.

The following models were started/completed before the vow, and are ineligible (but will go in my ETL thread anyway):

3 Razorbacks (Assault Cannons via IA2)

2 Mortis Dreadnoguhts (Twin-Linked Autocannons)

1 Ezekiel, Chief Librarian

@ Captain Semper: Yeah i really want to start with anything...but still digging for my old colours/tools and i need to make some purchases, which wont happen until monday i guess(im a proud but broke brother ;))!

When im ready i will paint some easy stuff for starters, like imperial assassins, a BB humans teams...simply to regain some of my long unused painting skills!

Also i got some hints what new colours i might need, then ill make some DA test models, and if i like it i may place a vow ;)...since im finacially VERY tight, i hope you can understand that i want esp all those FW stuff on the best possible quality im able to deliver:lol:

But at least im not on my own here, got a friend who will help me go on and esp teach me on painting...got this guy to the hobby he worked for GW some time too^^

Well i could show some of my old models if i could find my data cable, so you guys can see what to expect from me at least ;)

Edit: As i understand the rules i need to choose units from one codex...so i can mix DA and successor chapter units?

As i understand the rules i need to choose units from one codex...so i can mix DA and successor chapter units?

The unit has to be chosen from a given Codex and have some reasonable level of WYSIWYG. How you paint it is up to you. There is no paint police here :) You wanna do DAs? Fine. You wanna do known Successors? Also fine. You wanna do your own DIY Successor? Super fine! All these provided that are chosen and costed from the DAs Codex.

All in all, be as creative as you like and have fun! ;)

Okay, the fanatical support of my brothers has awakened my spirit for battle....

I EPK answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Land Speeder Typhoon from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 75 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Nothing big, I know - but I wanted to show my support. Perhaps if I have time, I will expand to a second (but I will be on vacation from June 26-July 8 so don't count on it). I already have this baby primed and ready to go.

I'll toss a picture of the primed mini in my Unforgiven thread when I get home today.

Okay, the fanatical support of my brothers has awakened my spirit for battle....

I EPK answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Land Speeder Typhoon from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 75 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Nothing big, I know - but I wanted to show my support. Perhaps if I have time, I will expand to a second (but I will be on vacation from June 26-July 8 so don't count on it). I already have this baby primed and ready to go.

I'll toss a picture of the primed mini in my Unforgiven thread when I get home today.

Well, and people say miracles don't happen! :) Welcome on board EPK - Land Speeder Typhoon it is!!!

I Brother-Chaplain Nemiel answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

1 Company Master of the 5th Company with Powersword 115pts

1 Interrogator Chaplain with Plasmapistol 135pts

1 Interrogator Chaplain with Terminator armor 145pts

5 Marines with Flamer Vsgt with Powersword and Plasmapistol 125pts

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 520 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Unforgiven and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end!

Jeez what i have just done :P

Edited for more DA feeling :cuss

Well, and people say miracles don't happen! :cuss Welcome on board EPK - Land Speeder Typhoon it is!!!

Hah... 75 points, but it's a start. Here is the entry photo.

“I, Bryan Blaire, Counselor of Battle Doctrine for the Stoneburners Chapter and advisor to Company  Master Furael, being of sound transhuman mind, but less than prime physical operational status, answer the honor challenge of my brothers, the legion Unforgiven, and vow to convince our Grand Master to request the assistance of Venerated Deathwalker Gathrael, lauded knight of the Scouring Whirlwind (complete Venerable Dreadnought from Codex: Dark Angels for a total value of 170 points), for the forces tasked with the Quelling of Hybreon IV on or before August 15. Success will bring victory in this holy mission to return this wayward world back to the warmth of the Emperor's divine light and eternal glory to the First Legion, the Dark Angels and all brother Unforgiven and failure will doom the populace of Hybreon IV to the hellish oppression of Chaos and force me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end, 'til holy penance can be completed.

May the light of the Holy Emperor and the honor and nobility of the Lion, our liege-lord, guide your hand and protect your mind in the coming days of vengeance.  Honor to the sons of the Lion! 'Til the sword is reforged!"

Jeez what i have just done ;)

You crossed the point of no return! ;) Good luck Nemiel!

“I, Bryan Blaire, Counselor of Battle Doctrine for the Stoneburners Chapter and advisor to Company  Master Furael, being of sound transhuman mind, but less than prime physical operational status, answer the honor challenge of my brothers, the legion Unforgiven, and vow to convince our Grand Master to request the assistance of Venerated Deathwalker Gathrael, lauded knight of the Scouring Whirlwind (complete Venerable Dreadnought from Codex: Dark Angels for a total value of 170 points), for the forces tasked with the Quelling of Hybreon IV on or before August 15. Success will bring victory in this holy mission to return this wayward world back to the warmth of the Emperor's divine light and eternal glory to the First Legion, the Dark Angels and all brother Unforgiven and failure will doom the populace of Hybreon IV to the hellish oppression of Chaos and force me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end, 'til holy penance can be completed.

May the light of the Holy Emperor and the honor and nobility of the Lion, our liege-lord, guide your hand and protect your mind in the coming days of vengeance.  Honor to the sons of the Lion! 'Til the sword is reforged!"

Ahhh... this must be miracle week!!! first EPK now Bryan Blair!!! Welcome to the ETL brother - now victory will not only be total by also stylish! ;) Good luck!

“I, Shadow Guard, Kepper of the Fortress and Chapter Master of the Angels Revenant Chapter answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete two complete Ravenwing Attack Squadrons from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 850 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Lion and the Legio Unforgiven and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Well, took the plunge after a lot of thought. I had thought of continuing my failed LPC 2011 Deathwing Army project which has remained stalled but thought it would cause issues as it was half painted already. Then I thought of continuing my successful vow for the LPC 2012, the Scout Army project but realised that though they wore DA colours the army was based on C:SM. Anyway, since i had two half done projects why not make it three? A project that was conceived enarly ten years ago is finally taking shape in the form of the Ravenwing. I did think of pledging a single bike squad and then building up or pledging a single attack squadron and then adding the next, then I thought, why not pledge the whole hog upfront? :) Ialso thought that unlike the DW and Scout projects I will keep this entire project in plastic and no greenstuff as it would only delay my painting.

Wish me luck ..... hre they are ready for priming....

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Temp_RW_Company_Phase_01_01.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Temp_RW_Company_Phase_01_03.jpg

I will maintain a blog on the Fortress website with details Project Company of Ravens

Ravenwing Attack Squadron 1 = 430 points

Ravenwing Bikes x 6 = 220

Sergeant with Powerfist, Meltabomb & Plasmapistol = 45

Biker with Meltagun

Biker with Flamer

Attack bike with multimelta

Landspeeder Tornado

Ravenwing Attack Squadron 2 = 420 points

Ravenwing Bikes x 6 = 220

Sergeant with Powerweapon, Meltabomb & Plasmapistol = 35

Biker with Meltagun

Biker with Flamer

Attack bike with multimelta

Landspeeder Tornado

Total pledge = 850 points

One sergeant will be armed with a powerfist and the plasmapistol stored on the bike. Second sergeant will be armed with the plasma pistol and the power weapon stored on the bike. As I read it the sergeant can replace his boltpistol with the plasma pistol and take the PW or PF as an additional choice. If this is wrong someone please let me know and I will adjust the points. At the moment I can't find any plasmapistols that do not have a hand attached to it. Anyone know where there might be one?

Captain Semper, please confirm the total points and add my vow to the list pelase.

SG

Wow awesome Vow shadow guard! I guess the Space doggies will get a spanking, despite how much conversions they make!!

I pledged only 520 points, 8 models...and im worried! ;)

Thanks BC Nemiel, etchnically my vows only contain 16 models/itmes... :D ..... hmmmm.. Shadow Guard...what have you gone and gotten yourself in to? :) ;)

SG

Archived