+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

*twitch*

Brothers... he... he jests not.

One Heretic completed 1400points in one vow... along with at least 2 others with heavy point-content, all of which was done yesterday...

THIS WILL NOT STAND!!

Brothers! The Heretic wishes to best us in this contest!! This will not be the case!! I am personally requesting that, if you can, vow as much as possible! We have over a month left to put the Heretics in their place!! Gather up your Crusaders and Paintbrushes! No one bests the Black Templar, especially Traitors!!

I am personally working on completing my many Crusaders as soon as possilbe, but expect at least one more vow from me... I hope to inspire you, my Brothers, to do the same! We cannot allow this.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!

...dammit Darklight, I'm supposed to be helping my wife tonight with a to-do list of stuff we need for the new Crusade Dog we're getting.

Well, looks like I'll be painting tonight.

I agree that now is the time to stretch ourselves to ensure that we secure the victory that our efforts will have earned us. However, take measured steps that you know you are capable of accomplishing.

We fight hard, but we also fight smart. Our swords are well honed, justly sharpened to slay those who would oppose us. Our confidence is our guide. Our faith is our shield. We shall overcome any obstacle.

But we fight as Templars.

I would offer that we look at the list of people who have committed to a first vow who are yet to finish. Even a small number of those completed vows will aid us in a Templar victory. Many swords make for light work.

Templars Unite!

civsmitty, your loyalty is appreciated (as hesitant as that seemed ;) ). Though, I think you can spare a night to deal with Real Life if you need to. We know no fear... except for the wrath of a significant other. ;)

Well said, Brother Honda. I agree. If we can show a solid force of all of our Brothers completing their initial vows then we should stand a very good chance of reclaiming the lead. We must remember that we cannot rely on the few in the lead. Emperor forbid that those like myself or civsmitty fail our last vows, for that nullifies ALL of our hard earned points. We need the help of all of the Brothers committed to the task!

Brothers! Those of you who have not completed your first vow, our Chapter's honour is placed in your hands! Complete those vows, no matter the point cost! I can guarantee that all of your efforts will be honoured throughout the Chapter Fleets!

For Sigismund! For Dorn! For The Emperor!!

First vow completed, my brothers.

Ten Assault Terminators, as promised:

gallery_45142_4574_47844.jpg

Second vow:

I, Brother Ulkesh, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Land Raider Crusader from Codex: Black Templars of total value 265pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Before (I hope it's eligible, although it's fully primed, I will be painting over the primer with "proper" black paint):

gallery_45142_4574_54984.jpg

Reason for edit: Second vow added.

civsmitty, your loyalty is appreciated (as hesitant as that seemed :lol: ). Though, I think you can spare a night to deal with Real Life if you need to. We know no fear... except for the wrath of a significant other. :lol:

If I seemed hesitant, it's only because I fear the local Castellan (who is also, technically, Master of Recruits). I've taken far too many Real Life days, it's time to get back into painting. I've got a few Terminators and another Land Raider waiting to get their markings.

@Brother Ulkesh: Excellent work! Very nice job on those Assault Terminators. They remind me of my own, except yours have more masterful detailing! :lol:

As for your second vow, yeah that's completely fine. The competition is based on painting, so anything from 'still on the sprue' to 'primed' counts as "Before".

@civsmitty: Ahh, well then I'm looking forward to that Land Raider and those Terminators :lol:

@The Ginger Avenger: As long as you're confident that you can complete whatever you vow before the submission date, it's greatly appreciated. If you don't think that you can fit them in, then don't worry about it.

It will be cool.

Tables are updated with Ulkesh' completion and new vow. That;s a splendid display of skill there Ulkesh - well done on completing and re-vowing (of course your entry is legit)! ;)

BTW Chaos still leads even after Ulkesh completion. :P

Im almost done with vow 4 myself. Need to get moving on my predator.

@ Ginger Avenger: If I may make a small suggestion for your next vow it would be the terminators. 5 of them ring in at 200 points minimum where as the assault squad would be less and you would still be painting the same amount of models. That is unless you need the assault squad for your crusade more then by all means. Just making a suggestion to maximize points to knock the dirty heretics from the lead.

Vow 4 complete!

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-11232334.jpg

I am currently planning my 5th vow and shall be posting it by this weekend. Stay strong brothers!

Brothers,

I am proud to report that my 1st vow is now completed. Now ready for the field of battle are .....

5 Assault Terminators with thunder hammers, storm shields and crusader seals.

1 Typhoon speeder

1 Techmarine.

This gives our Chapter a 350 point boost. I will not allow traitors to take our victory from us so in a few hours I will commit to a second vow.

gallery_62863_6991_239794.jpg

gallery_62863_6991_59934.jpg

gallery_62863_6991_136622.jpg

gallery_62863_6991_168878.jpg

“I Gunrunr AGAIN answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete my Marshal equipped with a pair of lightning claws, terminator honours, adamantine mantle, frag and krak grenades and a teleport homer from Codex: Black Templars of total value 168pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and my Tango Urilla Crusade although failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/IMG_20120709_1824581.jpg[/img]

That is correct, Marshal-Castellen-Reclusiarch-Master of Sanctity-Emperor's Champion-Sword Brethren Darklight.

I laughed. Hard. Very hard. The rest of the office thinks I'm crazy.

@Gunrunr: Brilliant, indeed! I'm very much a fan of that Typhoon! This is the kind of response I had hoped for when the Heretics took the lead. Always glad to see more completions. Very well done ones at that!

Keep it up, Brothers!

Great work, Gunrur! And already another vow, that's the spirit! (Btw, did you forget his terminator honours? He has it around his neck already!)

Quick edit: That's an old marshal, isn't it? Lovely model!

Archived