+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Okay brothers, here we go ;)

Chaplin Grimaldus with Retinue:

gallery_66974_7235_1292129.jpg

One Sword Brethern Squad 5 strong w/ TH, CmS, CS, LC, PW

gallery_66974_7235_1120093.jpg

One Emperor's Champion

gallery_66974_7235_922686.jpg

All I have left is the two vindy's for completion, so I can move on and create a new vow :) 1400 point first vow has been a challenge!!

Thanks, Captain Semper. I'm possibly being a numpty here, but where do I find the page that had the scores so far?

Every forum that is eligible to participate has an ETL thread similar to this one. In the first page there's a table (or tables) that show vows & completions (as is the case here). These tables are updated at least once per day so they are pretty accurate in depicting completions and new vows. It does not show total comaprative standing though. What I'm doing is making weekly updates - next one's coming today... There you can find a table with the comparative results as well as some comments I make about the general and the individual progress of the all forums. Between the weekly updates I do not post results but updating the tables frequently means you can go to the forum you are interested in and add up the completions in the table in the first post yourself. The previous weekly update was the 5th week update in post 300 p.12 in this thread. Expect something similar for today.

All I have left is the two vindy's for completion, so I can move on and create a new vow :) 1400 point first vow has been a challenge!!

OK hart - you've put a lot of hard work in this and it shows - it's fantastic!

Keep it up and you'll get to add 1,400 pts to the Black Templars before you know it! ;)

Is this Golden Demon? Seriously Smirnov this is excellent! Even down to the quality of the picture! :D Well done and congratulations on comleting your vow!

Table updated - I look fwd for your second vow!

My second vow.

“I Smirnov answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Sword Brethren Assault Terminators squad of six brethren, two with thunder hammers and four with lightning claws, with Crusader Seals from Codex: Black Templars of total value 250 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Before pic:

temos_start.jpg

I asked the question about Crusader Seals in Unforgivven Crusade thread. If they are no-go, I'll deduct the points value (10 points for them). I plan to put seals on all infantry in my crusade, as it's one of the more stylish parts of the army for me - the have a lot of seals, oaths, patches, parchments and so on.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 6th WEEK UPDATE

So, six weeks have come and gone and the situation has changed and changed again. Right now E TENEBRAE LUX keeps adding to its total pledged points but also completions are rising steeply! This is full blown war!!! People should remember that this is not a static event i.e. you made your and all you have to do is complete it, but rather a dynamic event where the standings can change materially from week to week and the final outcome will depend on the ability of the teams to keep going until the last day.

So here’s how things look at the end of week 6:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 6TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 74 32,226 435 7,468 23%
Blood Angels 51 26,977 529 3,600 13%
Dark Angels 71 38,747 546 4,910 13%
Codex Space Marines 51 31,652 621 2,747 9%
Space Wolves 42 28,604 681 6,393 22%
Chaos 43 16,956 394 4,751 28%
Ordos Inquisition 19 5,591 294 3,408 61%
Total 351 180,753 515 33,277 18%
Index Astartes 26 14,610 562 2,612 18%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

Comments:

The Dark Angels had a sluggish start. They are no longer leader in terms of vows and are significantly lagging in terms of completions. Right now they have a completion rate of 13% still lower than the average of the competition of 18% and significantly behind the leading forums. However they added the highest amount of points on a weekly basis showing a tendency for a comeback. Is there a new momentum building up? It’d better be… A few things the DAs still have going for them is a reasonably high average vow, and the highest total vows pledged. But rivals are not sitting idle, so the legendary single-mindedness of the Green marines must emerge.

The Wolves are fun! I never thought I’d say that but there you have it. At one point they seem lagging hopelessly behind – you’d think they are written-off – the next minute a super-vow gets completed and they lead the ETL! This is how the Wolves roll in this competition so they are the most unpredictable bunch. It’s possible next week they be last and the week after first again. Although some more reasonable sized vows are trying to regulate the pace, to me it seems they are like a giant that takes too long to make a step but one he makes it he’s very far ahead! Keep it up guys – if you can keep delivering you have as good a chance to win this as any!

Blood Angels deflated badly. They added the least amount of points this week compared to ALL other forums. This performance has left them in a difficult position because they do not have the pledged points that the DAs have (hence with a similar completion rates they are more than 1k points behind) nor do they have reliance on super-vows like the Wolves that could give them hope of closing the gap with a couple of completions. Guys there is no going around this – you have to get stuck in – start painting in earnest and put some serious completions behind you. To those that think “we still have time” the answer is: “so does the competition” and yet they have completed more than 20% of their pledges so far…

Black Templars play the game as it should be played and they rightfully lead the show! They have a perfect mix of low/high value vows and keep production steady. With 7.5k completions and the highest number of vows (exceeding the DAs) seem to be in top form. They are currently second in total points pledged but with an average vow significantly lower than the ETL average. That means that on average, vows are manageable, do not require huge amount of time to complete and do not intimidate. This strategy works if you keep pledging new vows which the BTs tirelessly do! Keep it up guys and there’s no stopping you!

Codex Forums are the worst performers in the ETL so far. If it wasn’t for one player’s super-mega-vow, the performance would have been beyond disappointing…. Thanks to Arizonajirt 2k+ completion the weekly additions resemble normality but the completion rate of only 9% speaks for itself. Get some completions done guys, and then start vowing again! I know it’s tough but the competition is ruthless at this stage and you run the risk of being left behind. There is immense potential here, don’t let it wither…

Chaos has surprised positively big time. With a completion rate of 28% (!) demonstrated the commitment of the Chaos team to be a force to be reckoned with! However the low average vow and the low total points pledged means that the significantly high completion rate translates to “only” 4.7k completed points. Which frankly is not bad at all. Chaos, being Chaos, is fairly unpredictable and who knows? Now that they tasted blood they might go for it all the way! Remember as long as you complete vows your chances are as good as any.

Ordos Inquisition are doing a magnificent job! At more than 60% completion rate they stand defiant in the face of the First Legion! Congratulations guys! Now can you achieve 100% completion rate on the first vow? That’ll be a feat to remember!

Until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Captain, if I may suggest an addition to the weekly digest, maybe you would add links to the vows you mention? You wrote about two mega-vows completed by Space Wolves and Codex Marines, and I started looking for them, it would be much easier if there was a link to the vows in the thread. I wonder how our super-cow of 2K points is faring.

And thanks again for the whole thing. I just love looking through different forums for pictures of completed vows.

My second vow.

“I Smirnov answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Sword Brethren Assault Terminators squad of six brethren, two with thunder hammers and four with lightning claws, with Crusader Seals from Codex: Black Templars of total value 250 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Before pic:

temos_start.jpg

I asked the question about Crusader Seals in Unforgivven Crusade thread. If they are no-go, I'll deduct the points value (10 points for them). I plan to put seals on all infantry in my crusade, as it's one of the more stylish parts of the army for me - the have a lot of seals, oaths, patches, parchments and so on.

Nice Termies, How many termies have been vowed by now? I know I've seen at least another 6 somewhere plus my own, and that doesn't include a lot of the early vows that were done.

well if this damn tropical storm would roll over I will be vowing another 10 terminators, those were easy as hell to paint, easy money for the challenge.

as an aside, can I start my next vow if I make it now? I just can't do any primering due to the weather (tropical storm Debby has been over head for a week now) so I can't finish my current vow as it stands, one of the three models is un-primered and the rain is making primering an issue.

well if this damn tropical storm would roll over I will be vowing another 10 terminators, those were easy as hell to paint, easy money for the challenge.

as an aside, can I start my next vow if I make it now? I just can't do any primering due to the weather (tropical storm Debby has been over head for a week now) so I can't finish my current vow as it stands, one of the three models is un-primered and the rain is making primering an issue.

Sorry chaplaincliff, you have to declare completion before you move on to the next vow... And wouldn't your new vow require primering too anyway?

What about if you're sneaky, take a "before picture" now and start painting them while waiting for the storm to pass? Then you can finish your first vow, pledge the terminators and put the before picture up, then complete your work and finish your second vow.

Delaying your first vow for an early start on the second vow is actually a bad tactic (since you can't get credit on anything if you don't finish your first vow) except that it compensate for your bad weather. Or am I thinking too much along DA worthy lines? :unsure:

What about if you're sneaky, take a "before picture" now and start painting them while waiting for the storm to pass? Then you can finish your first vow, pledge the terminators and put the before picture up, then complete your work and finish your second vow.

Delaying your first vow for an early start on the second vow is actually a bad tactic (since you can't get credit on anything if you don't finish your first vow) except that it compensate for your bad weather. Or am I thinking too much along DA worthy lines? :unsure:

lol

But.. but.. I was being very reasonable, surely this... Blade of Reason won't hurt me? :D

:devil:

No, no... well maybe a bit. But it will show you reason! :P

Is it anything like the mace of Diplomacy?

:eek

And these are your friends? :D

gallery_17624_7245_411.gif

:devil:

gallery_17624_7245_39.gif

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ToaJanaro166/WarhammerOnline/whfb-emoticons/da-plasma.gif

:o

gallery_17624_7245_603.gif

:P

May I keep two fingers from my right hand to finish my vow? I will leave sneakiness to the DA now, I promise!

To the painting station! :tu:

Archived