+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

TABLE UPDATED! Check them out for possible mistakes!

I'm calling it quits.

Real life got in the way, and i'm way too compulsive to mess up my paintjobs or do a half-assed job to fit with a timeframe. I'll stick up a picture later of what I managed anyway.

Well done to everyone who made it.

I think this is the correct attitude. The purpose of the ETL is not to push people to do sub-par jobs but to motivate them to paint to the best of their ability... The Badge of Shame is until year end (or more if you like - it's pretty cool actually) while the mini will be around for substantially more than that...

Wow, Congrats to everyone who made it on time!!

Somehow, I also managed to complete my vow!! :eek I'm very excited because this is also the first squad I have *EVER* painted to completion.

This is the group shot before:

gallery_55263_6239_1885707.jpg

[...Terrible photo....]

And Here they are completed!

gallery_55263_6239_1464722.jpg

Different Angles and whatnot are in my WiP section here

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood,

Chaplain Hiltraud

Explain me this: how is it possible that a person with such amazing skill that produces such high quality end-result to have only *EVER* complited a squad? Congratulations for your completion and suffice to say, I'm very proud that the ETL was motivating enough for you to see a squad through!

Table updated.

Put the fork in me, I'm done. Pics in my WIP thread here.

Explain me this: how is it possible that a person with such amazing skill that produces such high quality end-result to have only *EVER* complited a squad?

Seriously. Great job man! Those look awesome.

TABLE UPDATED! Check them out for possible mistakes!

I'm calling it quits.

Real life got in the way, and i'm way too compulsive to mess up my paintjobs or do a half-assed job to fit with a timeframe. I'll stick up a picture later of what I managed anyway.

Well done to everyone who made it.

I think this is the correct attitude. The purpose of the ETL is not to push people to do sub-par jobs but to motivate them to paint to the best of their ability... The Badge of Shame is until year end (or more if you like - it's pretty cool actually) while the mini will be around for substantially more than that...

Well thats basicly the reason I couldnt finish mine either... After a lot of hiatus from real life (amongst which a new job and a renovation from our bathroom) I basicly had last weekend and monday-wednesday after office hours. This weekend every day something came up though only leaving me the after office hours. Im very fatigued and not in the mind set (iff you will) to paint. If id force myself to paint my minis under those conditions the results would be... Questionable. I also am painting under a lamp instead of under sunlight which produces even more awkward results...

I bought forge world shoulder pads for my terminators and doors for land raider. I want to do these guys credit and make some amazsing centre pieces for my army :cuss wont be doing that by rushing anything...

Cudos to anyone who did manage to complete it though! :)

Impressive squad Chaplain Hiltraud, really like your style of painting :P . It seems that in the last few hours we are doing a effeort to add vow, we has to be proud so well done to everyone who made it and to all the participants, theres still a few hours so good luck if you are painting right now... :)

Captain Semper: I just want to let you know that I will finish by 22:00. It will be down to the wire but I will finish my vow. I make no excuse, It was simply bad time management on my part. Gotta get back to painting...

I'll be back!

VOW COMPLETE!

Apologies for the shoddy photography I didnt have time to set up my light box.

Speed Painted Blood Angels

WIP

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/001.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/002.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/003-1.jpg

Finished

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/005-2.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/006.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/008-1.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/009.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/010.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/011.jpg

Please tell me it's on time :S

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/DA_Challenge_Stop_Now.jpg

NO FURTHER COMPLETIONS ARE ACCEPTED!!!

So this is it. E TENEBRAE LUX reached its conclusion. No further completions are accepted or recognized beyond this point. So what now? Well this thread has still some purpose to fulfill – read on.

I will do a final update with the last vows in, which should be over in half an hour or so.

For the next 24 hours you’ll be required to check you vows and make sure your status is correctly represented. If you notice any discrepancies please feel free to contact me to discuss and make the necessary adjustments if applicable. Come Friday no changes to the tables will be considered.

PLEASE REFRAIN OF POSTING ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD APART FROM COMMENTS ON YOUR STATUS. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER THREAD TO DISCUSS THE RESULTS AND ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO E TENEBRAE LUX.

On Friday I will post a new thread to discuss the event in detail presenting tons of stats and comments. It will also be used for presenting the “win” banners for the first time plus some other surprises.

AGAIN DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN COMMENTS ON THE STATUS OF YOUR VOW.

Let’s keep the anticipation high until the Final Report is released.

Thanks to all for participating.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper was waiting in the command throne of “The Lion’s Vengeance” the Hunter Class destroyer of the Consecrators Chapter. His patience was spent. He pressed the vox to contact Enoch, the 6th Master.

- What is going on Enoch? When shall I make planetfall?

- Techmarine Anon informed me that teleportation apparatus is ready, Grand Master.

- Very well, I’m on my way to the teleportation room.

Once Captain Semper reached the teleportation room he found Enoch and Anon waiting for him. He also saw the Chaplain Amadis standing in silence in a dark corner.

- Let me go in your stead Grand Master, Amadis said.

- No Amadis. This is my burden to carry. Do you have the Final Report?

Amadis handed to Captain Semper a purpose-build cylindrical container that contained the scroll of the Final Report. Semper hanged it from his waist next to “Lux ex Tenebris” his trusted power maul.

- Is the Black Templar on the surface? Semper asked?

- Yes Lord, a servitor answered with a monotonous voice.

- Is he in the pre-agreed quadrant?

- Yes Lord.

- Then it is time. Proceed with the teleportation process.

A strong light filled the teleportation room for less than a second and Captain Semper was on the planet’s surface.

It's been great inspiration reading through these threads. I noticed this in the final report:

Let’s face it, the BAs need to restore their honor on the painting front soon, or else their once dominating presence will be forgotten... I believe that the BAs would have benefitted if they had used their own strategy thread more, so they’d focus their efforts and possibly achieve a materially better position.

How often do these painting challenges occur? This, and the comments from the Dark Angel organizers has encouraged me to get out there and buy SOME of my planned army so that I can help out, even if only in a small way. And thereby also get my army actually started.

This, the ETL, was solely Captain Sempers work. And it was very good! Normally there is the LPC. That's the Librarium Painting Challenge. It starts after new year and gives us the opportunity to start painting our Christmas presents. Hopefully its power armour models. :)

That competition is measured in completed vows and not completed points. Further more there is only one vow per participating Battle Brother. That's the competition we, the BA, has won two consecutive times in a row. This year it was the DA and Captain Semper who won.

This, the ETL, is more expensive as the model numbers skyrocketed but it becomes much more alive. The revowing really adds much more.

And yeah this didn't quite end as neither we nor the DA had hoped.

Beware the Templar. Black too goes faster! Congratulations to the Black Templars. ;)

Again a big Thanks to Captain Semper for mastering this.

Taranis.

Exactly. It all started with the LPC. The DAs had a landslide victory, to the point that people would paint more than they vowed, (remember the LPC is a single vow challenge). Then it dawned to me. What if people could actually increase their pledge and get something out of it? And why a guy that painted a single Termie would get the same recognition with somebody that painted two squads?

So in my view the LPC is primarily a personal challenge with the forum competition as an interesting side show. The ETL is a group effort with the personal achievement recognized as a part of the greater whole. Look at me, I sound like the Tau now... ;)

Also in the LPC by having the single vow system, It heavily relies on number of participants. So a forum with 20 participants has an almost impossible task to beat a forum with 45 participants for example. Even if they manage 100% completion rate the other forum will require 50% just to get even... And the forum with the 20 guys can't do anything about it... So this was another reason to create the multi vow system.. But boy was it tiring... :)

I'm glad people enjoyed the ETL. It's future s still unknown as it was designed as an one-off event, so we take it a step at the time...

Hmmm - Time to regain our LPC crown gents. Start planning your vows now I think!

I'm already planning to leave (and build up) my Death Company models for the next challenge to help nock it out of the park next time. As has been said already black paints alot faster than red! Fingers crossed I'll be in more of a possition to paint when the next call to arms arises.

A very good idea, Cap'n! I enjoyed your weekly updates and the whole presentation of the challenge, and the enormous effort you put in this was really worth it! Well done, well done. :P

I'm a little sad that I technically couldn't present my vow and therefore keep the Oath Breaker signature away from me, but an oath broken is an oath broken so hey...I'll keep the banner until the new year in my signature.

Thanks to the brothers that fulfilled their vows, especially Taranis made scored major points with his fulfilled vows!

When my stuff arrives(it still hasn't ^_^ ) I'll present the miniatures since the vow I took is still legit.

Snorri

Thanks friend. You might be waiting for your stuff still, but I'll be waiting and watching your painting tread. There is much to please the eye and inspire the mind.

Taranis.

I see guys you're are running out of sig space. As you can see in my sig there is the option to use medallion style banners for the LPC-12 and it might be possible to convince The Shadow Guard to make one for 2011 and 2010 banners if you want. Any takers?

The BTs had similar problem with their in-house competition banners and SG was able to help. Check it out here.

Archived