+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Quick question!

May I pledge Lemartes and only Lemartes as a vow!

He is a Unice Character but only a upgrade to Death company!

Yes you can and he's worth the upgrade points. Below is the quote of the rules:

...Furthermore Special Characters that are used as squad upgrades can also be entered individually and are worth the “upgrade” points...

Gongratulations Biaz! Always nice to see my favorite BA successors! :) Good luck with your second vow - table updated!

Well then! Time for another completion!

Here are my 2 squads that I pledged!

Assult squad!

gallery_64559_7293_243896.jpg

Scout Squad!

gallery_64559_7293_1382465.jpg

And I sence that we in the Angelic Host is slacking behind everyone else, I shall now pledge another vow!

“I Axira answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Lemartes, a librarian and a Sanguinary Priest with jump pack from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 325 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Lemartes (another ebay model, also had to replace the bolt pistol on this guy)

gallery_64559_7293_41050.jpg

Sanguinary Priest with Jump pack (I might change the sword for a bionic one if I can find it. Also he is a regular assult marine going to be painted priest scheme so I hope that is ok)

gallery_64559_7293_910031.jpg

Librarian

gallery_64559_7293_3664.jpg

Way to go, Axira. We gotta keep the ball rolling. Great feeling both with getting models finished, but not the least us forging ahead and defending our chapter.

Vow complete: The Sanguinor.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/40k%20art/IMAG0750.jpg

Refill, refill, refill, please Captain Semper.

“I Taranis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Commander Dante from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 225 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to our lord Sanguinius, the Blood Angels and all our Brothers participating in this contest. Failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Not 100% sure about the points value. Will edit if need be. I hope you are having a good vacation and have better weather than here in Denmark. (17 degrees and wet. :lol: )

This competition is great for getting good deeds done in bad weather. Great initiativ, Thanks. Enjoy.

Darn you completet your vow! :lol:

Now I must hurry up to catch up with you!

The sad thing is that starting tomorrow I'm going to work from 7 to 16, wich means that my painting time per day is cut into 1/8 of what it used to be!

Also! When this vow is complete, I will hit with a vehicle heavy one! worth about 1k points! But that is about the last from me

Riiight...

OK I'm back in Athens now - and it appears I missed one vow and one completion by Taranis.

@ Taranis the painting servitor: I think I've corrected everything now but please check that the front tables are correctly updated to this point.

@ Axira: Great stuff there so far - well done! However keep in mind that no Apocalypse-only vechicles are allowed. Furhtermore no Titans are allowed unless you vow for the Mechanicum and it's too late for that now. You can use FW stuff in the 40k context (that is, it should be clearly stated that said item can be used by the BAs in a 40k game) or else you must enter it as a count-as of a legal entry (possibly giving up a significant amount of points). Also no fortifications and no allies are allowed. Let me know what you have in mind before you start work on it so we avoid any nasty surprises. :rolleyes:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 9th WEEK UPDATE

This was an excellent week. First of all the total vows pledged for the ETL breached the 200k mark! This is some commitment guys – I’m very happy that the event has such a high involvement. Another interesting feature is that the total vows are now north of 420!!! So despite the 40k 6th Ed. release that unavoidably (and rightly) took much of the attention of the gaming community, the ETL continues strong. Total completions stand at 67k points or 32% of total points pledged. So we are 2/3 down in terms of time and 1/3 down in terms of completions. I believe the completion rate in this last month will climb significantly as new vows will either be moderate in size (as to avoid being left unfinished) or will not be made at all. Interestingly in a week where completions exceeded 13.2k (the highest amount of completions since week 6) the new vows pledged exceeded 11k! Wow!

So two months into it already. Two months come and gone. We are now effectively entering the last month of the event and the stakes are high. Remember: IF BY AUGUST 15TH ANY PARTICIPANT HAS UNFINISHED VOWS THEN ALL HIS/HER PREVIOUS VOWS WILL BE NULLIFIED AND WILL COUNT FOR NOTHING. So make sure you finish up your outstanding projects thus protecting your previous effort!

Now some technicalities about the closing:

On August 15th at 22:00 GMT the ETL ends. That means that by the B&C clock any completions that are submitted after that time will not count towards the total points of your faction. Please make everybody’s life easier and avoid submitting in the nick of time – a discarded completion for just a minute could create unnecessary aggravation and leave people with a sour taste from what should be an enjoyable event. I plan to enforce the firm deadline so yes, 22:01 submissions will be discarded.

The final results will be announced on Sunday, August 19thso I will have time to process all the results, double check everything and present them in an esthetically pleasing manner. This is a big event guys so I will need some time to make sure things are in order. Just a small request: The logistics of ETL are very demanding, so if you guys cross check your status in the tables occasionally and find something that doesn’t match please bring it to my attention so I’ll act on it.

So here’s how things look at the end of week 9:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 9TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 98 40,123 409 15,633 39%
Blood Angels 62 29,533 476 7,741 26%
Dark Angels 82 41,872 511 8,490 20%
Codex Space Marines 56 33,792 603 8,665 26%
Space Wolves 48 32,637 680 11,160 34%
Chaos 54 22,892 424 11,041 48%
Ordos Inquisition 22 6,196 282 4,548 73%
Total 422 207,045 491 67,278 32%
Index Astartes 29 16,405 566 6,385 39%
Liber Astartes 15 9,818 655 1,395 14%
Ultramarines 12 7,569 631 885 12%

Comments:

The Dark Angels have the lowest completion rate at 20%. Although at face value this might look as a bad thing it also means that there is huge potential in the coming month to flood the ETL with completions driving completion rate towards the average and gaining significant momentum towards the finish line. The opposite of course is also possible so now guys is the moment of truth: Can the DAs see this through and emerge victorious? We’ll see…

The Wolves with 1/3 of their vowed points done, which translates to more than 11k pts, they are now second. However they do have some mega vows in the making and I’m sure they have not said their last word yet. The important thing here is tenacity. You guys really have to fight against fatigue and keep delivering because this is it: Just one month to go and you’ve done admirably well so far! Keep it up!

Blood Angels are struggling to keep up despite some serious completions this week. They have the lowest score so far (except the Ordos) at 7.7k pts despite having more than ¼ of their vowed points done. However there is the same principle as with the DAs here: the last month could see a sharp convergence to the ETL average completion rate thus having significant upping to their points’ total. Nevertheless this’d better start soon because time is now the primary parameter. Just to put things to perspective, in order to get to the BTs level of completed points the BAs should aim to convincingly beat the 50% completion rate. Good luck!

Black Templars had the best week any forum had since the beginning of the ETL. They completed in excess of 5.5k pts solidifying their lead at more than 15.5k completed pts so far. Furthermore they re-vowed 3.8k pts which means they still are intent of growing this sum even more. Their completion rate approaches 40% beating the average of the ETL, leading the way to the finish line. Is there anyone that can stand in their way? Let’s see.

Codex Forums added 860 pts to their total and it appears that it’s getting its engines started. With Arizona’s contribution reaching an end, it’s up to the rest to carry on delivering. Some of the work I’ve seen is exquisite so I believe the wait is worth it! Keep in mind guys there is only one month to go! Lets see if you can turn this around – you have the resources to do it – and with more than ¼ of your total vowed pts done you have a very good starting point. Just double it and you might be leading this!

Chaos carried on its great performance driving their completion rate even higher to 48% and total completed pts to above 11k! Wow! Well done – nothing more to say! The 2.8k completions this week were replenished with another 2.7k new vows, so the drive is still very strong. And still there are some seriously large vows in the pipeline that could (if supported by smaller vows as is the case so far) turn the game to their advantage. It appears the Dark Gods are looking favorably to their champions!

Ordos Inquisition continue to drive their completion rate higher reaching a record of 73%! The commitment that this group is showing coupled by some seriously nice models (not to mention RedemptionNL’s LR with real lights!!!!) is awe inspiring! Continue the Emperor’s good work guys – you are setting the standards on commitment!

Until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

@ Axira. Well done. As always very nice work. Better play it safe than loose it all. I think you have done very well. Thanks friend.

We BA better get in gear and complete what we have pledged. I know several proud sons of Baal are working hard and it warms both my hearts. ;)

By the way: Vow complete. ;)

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/40k%20art/IMAG0761.jpg

“I Taranis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Librarian, infernus pistol; 2 Epistolaries, jump; 1 Epistolary, infernus pistol. from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 630 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to our lord Sanguinius, the Blood Angels and all our Brothers participating in this contest. Failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Well, look who's here! Shall I say welcome back Grandmaster - or you're still accross the pond? In any case it's less than a month to the finish line so if you feel like another vow, now is the time to do it!.

BTW the BAs are picking up a bit and now have a 28% completion rate. Not bad guys - but with the average of the ETL at 33% I think you need to accelerate going forward. Remeber the next update comes onTuesday so make the weekend count! Good luck to all! :tu:

My last vow guys! Hoping the rest of you the best of luck in the last few weeks that we have left!

“I Axira answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a sanguinary guard with Banner, 1 power fist, 1 infernus pistol and 1 plasma pistol. A Death Company Dreadnaught with heavy flamer and magma grapple. A 5 man terminator squad with Cyclone Launcher. A Land Raider Redeemer with multi melta. A honour guard with 4 meltaguns. A Baal Predator with TLAC, HB, Hunter Killer and a storm bolter. A Drop Pod with DeathWind Launcher and A 10 man assult squad with 1 meltagun and 1 power wepon and a combat shield. And atlast a Captain with a Pair of lightning claws from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 1615 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

gallery_64559_7293_1070872.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_2117615.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_2526786.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_10347.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_499411.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_77453.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_32321.jpg

gallery_64559_7293_922847.jpg

EDIT: added some missing pics!

God damn, that is a mighty project in the end of the competition! I really hope you get it all done. There are not too many weeks left and you are one of our highest points contributors. If you don't make it it all is lost.

On the other hand. When you make it it will be magnificent. And an addition we can sorely use.

Nothing risked, nothing gained. By your example I shall endeavour to add a few vehicles if I see a chance of completion before the deadline.

You are a fine example of a warrior standing up to a problem and giving it your utmost to keep our family from humiliation and defeat!

I salute you! :whistling:

What's the take on fortifications? If I wanted to do a Skyshield Landing pad, could I or are we still bound by 5th rules?

I asked, since I just bought a Aegis Defense Line. Its a no go for this competition.

Progress on the VoW!

Nothing advanced here! Just a Plain old drop pod ;)

gallery_64559_7293_850955.jpg

Also, I am really liking the new Yellow GW paints!

gallery_64559_7293_108849.jpg

The BAAL!

gallery_64559_7293_1323376.jpg

Freehand obviuosly inspired by Jawaballs!

gallery_64559_7293_440218.jpg

pheww....That's alot of painting for today!

What's the take on fortifications? If I wanted to do a Skyshield Landing pad, could I or are we still bound by 5th rules?

Yes, JamesI got it right... I feel the ETL is at a too advanced a stage to tamper with the rules in such a manner. Besides it is also in the spirit of the ETL to pit Codices against each other - the minute you introduce allies or generic fortifications it sort of takes the edge off it... So no fortifications and no allies for this one - sorry.

@ Axira: Well this is some progess you're making there - and some interesting free-hande to boot! Keep it up! :tu:

TABLES UPDATED!

Brothers - I'm not going to let this challenge bring me down! Currently I have finals going on, but I've already ordered the remaining assault marines(yeah, talking 'bout some serious progress here! :D) for my vow and made significant progress on the DC and Astorath(short before completion).

Pics will have to wait though, I have to concentrate on less pleasant stuff. After that...for Sanguinius!

Snorri

Archived