+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

I, Chaplain Hiltraud, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 10 man Assualt Squad with 2 meltas + Thunderhammer from Codex: Blood Angels, of total value 240 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Flesh Eaters and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

May the painting [battle] begin!!!

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood,

Chaplain Hiltraud

Wow, there is a race going on between BTs and BAs at the moment!!!

Good luck Chaplain Hiltraud, table updated! ;)

EDIT: The BTs are just one vow away and only 200 pledged points behind! Step up your the effort lest the BTs take the upper hand - Remember after Friday the teams are set!

Having completed my first vow, which can be seen here, I am now adding a second.

I Imperial Deceit answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Honour Guard* from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 240 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Bloody 7th and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

*Blood champion, chapter banner, plasma pistol, plasma gun, flamer, jump packs.

My first post on B&C and I thought I should jump in with both power armored feet.

I MONKEYBOY1106 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a captain with combi-melta and lightning claw, 8 sternguard with 2 combi-melta, 2 heavy flamers and a power fist, 5 scouts with 1 missle launcher and 4 sniper rifles and a Baal Predator with Assault cannons and heavy bolters from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 595 Pts. on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the IX Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

My first post on B&C and I thought I should jump in with both power armored feet.

I MONKEYBOY1106 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a captain with combi-melta and lightning claw, 8 sternguard with 2 combi-melta, 2 heavy flamers and a power fist, 5 scouts with 1 missle launcher and 4 sniper rifles and a Baal Predator with Assault cannons and heavy bolters from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 595 Pts. on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the IX Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Wow, a member since '08 and this is your first post!?! Welcome to the B&C, and to the greatest of the subforums. Very nice pledge, I look forward to seeing it!

Welcome to the B&C, and to the greatest of the subforums. Very nice pledge, I look forward to seeing it!

+1 :HQ:

Great initiative! As Bradley Powers said somewhere:

We can do this!

Welcome to the B&C, and to the greatest of the subforums. Very nice pledge, I look forward to seeing it!

+1 :HQ:

Great initiative! As Bradley Powers said somewhere:

We can do this!

Haha, I've certainly been known to say that. Best of luck everybody, and keep those pledges coming!

I'm enjoying this challenge very much, but one aspect of it I'm particularly proud of: The fairly large number of first-time posters that feel compelled to stop lurking and join the fray! :HQ:

Welcome MONKEYBOY1106 and good luck - the table is updated with your vow!

We can do this!

Now my brothers of the red variety, of course you can do this. BUT you have been overtaken by the BTs that are doing a fantastic last minute effort! Are you going to stand-by at 4th position (in terms of participants) or are you going to step-up your efforts and bring-in new recruits... Remember your legacy as the painting forum! Do not give yourself a handicap - the competition is out for blood! (I know, I know... so are you :HQ:)

“I, Sevenexxes, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a unit of Sanguinary Guard complete with 2 infernus pistols, one powerfist and a chapter banner from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 260 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Am I in?

Ok second vow....

“I, Seth84, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete, one Librarian with Jump pack, Lemartes, guardian of the Lost, A furioso Dreadnaught and a Sanguinary Priest with Jump pack to the total of 475 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Am I in?

Not only you're in, the front table already includes your vow - taht's Inner Circle efficiency for you! :) Good luck with your vow!

Now any more determined Space Vampires willing to risk it? The deadline for new entrants is Friday 22:00 GMT so time begins to be an issue....

...Emperor's work needs to be done :P

It does indeed! However let me remind you that you are already in. So take your time. You can still go to work... Eat on occasion... Perharps even sleep... I know when the time comes you can go on for weeks of non-stop painting, but you're not there yet... ;)

The key for the time being is new entrants not new vows... I'm sure points will soar after Friday but for now, new recruits is the focus!!!

@ Seth: table is updated with your second vow - Good luck!

I'm returning to the hobby after about a year or two off because of moving, masters project and a child. Since the last two are still ongoing projects and because I'm working on some sanguinary guards that's not eligible for the challenge I will only pledge a small vow.

I Gaius Plex answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Astorath the Grim and a Sanguinary Priest with jump pack from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 295 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Angels Sanguine and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I should be able to finish two models in two months and perhaps join in with a second vow, but with my current speed two months might be pushing the limit :)

WiP shots will follow when the sanguinary guards are finished.

As they say there is not time like the present so here it goes:

“I Knights_Omega answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 5 Death Company with 1 TH, 2x PW, Chaplain Lemartes, 1 Tactical Squad with flamer and Rocket Launcher, and 1 Stormraven with Multi-Melta and Assault Cannons from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 680pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

2nd go at one of these online painting challenges and I am determined to complete the first vow and hopefully get another 1 or 2 in before the end.

TO WAR!

(aka the Painting Desk of Glory)

As they say there is not time like the present so here it goes:

“I Knights_Omega answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 5 Death Company with 1 TH, 2x PW, Chaplain Lemartes, 1 Tactical Squad with flamer and Rocket Launcher, and 1 Stormraven with Multi-Melta and Assault Cannons from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 680pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

2nd go at one of these online painting challenges and I am determined to complete the first vow and hopefully get another 1 or 2 in before the end.

TO WAR!

(aka the Painting Desk of Glory)

Awesome! So, I'm guessing that Stormraven is going to be painted in an epic Death Company color scheme? You know you want to. -_-

Keep pledging brothers!

ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO FOR NEW ENTRANTS TO JOIN E TENEBRAE LUX!

The current situation in terms of participants:

Black Templars 50
Blood Angels 46
Dark Angels 60
Codex: Space Marines 45
Space Wolves 32
Chaos 35
Ordos Inquisition 12
Total 279

So make haste – this time tomorrow the doors close to new entrants forever! Set your B&C clock to GMT time, this is what I’m going by. Good luck to all!

Brothers! Rejoice, as 40 new battle brothers have joined our Sons of Sanguinius. Presenting the newly formed, repainted, 1st and 2nd Tactical squads and 9th and 10th Devestator squads of the Angels of the Grail's 2nd Company.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/SoupsMan/WarHammer40k/DSC00963.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/SoupsMan/WarHammer40k/DSC00964.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/SoupsMan/WarHammer40k/DSC00965.jpg

I feel the power of the emperor overtaking me! or is it the warp...?

Time to up the stakes and modify a vow.

I Soups, once again, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 3 Assault Squads, and 10 Tactical Terminators from Codex: Blood Angels of total value [1,155] on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Angels of the Grail and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end and make me wonder why I spend so much time painting.

AS 1+2(fist, MG x2) 235*2=470

AS 3 (PW, MG x2)=225

Termies!(x10, Cyclone Missiles x2)=460

1,155 points (erk!)

And even better, all these models have to be stripped! I have a BA repainting topic made on the front page somewhere. I will be posting a current pic of them for a before and after pic after stripping *bwaaaaaa boo hoo hoo*. I didn;t think it was possible to paint an entire army in a year. I guess I will be. Heres to crossing my fingers that melta guns will still be a good choice come 6th edition.

Archived