+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

E TENEBRAE LUX – 7th WEEK UPDATE

The 7th week was not as productive as the 6th. There are two main reasons for this: Firstly the 40k 6th Edition hit the shelves which meant that people focused on the new mechanics and topics like allies, power weapons, etc dominated the interest across all forums. Secondly, (and that affected Europeans mostly) we had the semi-finals and the final of the UEFA Euro-2012 – well done Spain! :)

So, despite all that, what did happen during this week in the ETL? Well, for one thing we had 8.5k worth of completions. That is to be compared to 15k last week. Total completed points reached the 42k level and the overall completion rate climbed to 22% from 18% last week. Even more interestingly another 8.3k pts were added as follow-up vows! So virtually all completions were replenished by new vows and the dynamic appears to be ascending still!

However we are still in the difficult period (even without the distractions such as the 6th ed. or football) where first month’s enthusiasm waned and people still feel there is a lot of time to complete their vows and thus can afford to be complacent. But can they? I believe that the forum that keeps going during this period will benefit immensely and put some safe distance between them and the competition.

So here’s how things look at the end of week 7:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 7TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 80 33,909 424 8,808 26%
Blood Angels 52 27,227 524 4,870 18%
Dark Angels 75 39,337 524 5,175 13%
Codex Space Marines 51 32,942 646 3,850 12%
Space Wolves 44 30,234 687 7,948 26%
Chaos 48 19,782 412 7,720 39%
Ordos Inquisition 19 5,591 294 3,408 61%
Total 369 189,022 512 41,779 22%
Index Astartes 26 15,900 612 3,715 23%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

Comments:

The Dark Angels had a disappointing week. With only 265 points completed (vs. at least 1.1k by every other forum) they now are fourth but with considerable distance from the third... DAs do not seem to have their heart into it and the only thing that keeps them afloat is their numerical superiority, which also gradually erodes as we move further in the ETL. Their completion rate is a meager 13% vs. an average of the ETL of 22%. I don’t know what it’ll take for the DAs to get dynamically back into the game but if they carry on like that they don’t stand a chance! C’mon guys, you’ve made your commitments, now honor them -lest the Wolves and the Templars have a funny story to tell during the cold winter nights…

The Wolves keep their position as a close second with almost 8k points and an above-average completion rate of 26%. They retain their high points/vow ratio and they appear to be able to keep the pace so far by completing almost 1.6k pts on the week. This for the wolves is a race against fatigue. If they manage to carry on vowing and completing at the current rates there is nothing to deny them victory in the end. However we are still almost in the middle of this so I hope you guys have the energy to see this through! The 1.6k worth of new vows this week is a very encouraging sign.

Blood Angels recovered somewhat since last week, managing 1.3k pts worth of completions. Despite that, previous weeks’ weakness created a significant distance vs. the leading forums that requires a better-than-average performance to catch up. But their completion rate of 18% remains below average and (perhaps more importantly) the renewed vows of only 250 pts do not seem hopeful. So guys, a lot of work has to be done still for you to become a serious contender for the first place. It’s about time for your legacy to kick-in!

Black Templars are comfortable leaders of the ETL. They have a completion rate higher than the average (but not crazily so), they have completed 1.3k pts this week and have re-vowed 1.7k! This is as solid as it gets! Especially if you combine it with the fact that they have the highest number of vows by now which translates to a very manageable average vow of 424 pts. With 8.8k pts completed so far they are a good 1k points ahead of the Wolves – a large but not as yet safe distance! Still the dynamics are in their favor and unless the competition greatly accelerates on a consistent basis the BTs currently seem like the favorites to win this.

Codex Forums are going through an internal re-organization phase right now (compliments to The Yak for organizing things a bit). But the harsh reality is that there are no completions to speak of. Apart form Arizonajirt’s completions that currently stand for 90% of the entire three forums’ total little else has happened! Amazing as this is, Arizona cannot win this single-handedly… So let’s see some more completions guys – making it to the finish line with just one completed vow won’t cut it – you’ll need to vow again! You have the resources; put them in good use!

Chaos is a very interesting case. With low number of participants and relatively low average vow they still manage a very respectable third place only 200pts behind the Wolves. They added a spectacular 3k pts during the week and re-vowed 2.8k. The dynamics seem to be right and the whole performance very promising if it wasn’t for one thing: Completion Rate! In order to achieve this great performance, the Chaos faction, used-up a much greater part of their resources. With a completion rate of 39% it means that future renewals must come at even higher point values and raise the average vow to exceed the average of the ETL. Otherwise they’ll run out of vows faster than the rest… So keep that in mind when you are making new vows, you are the only forum that actually must bring your completion rate down in order to become more competitive. But as things stand now: WELL DONE!!!

Ordos Inquisition did nothing this week. This is only to be expected given their extremely high completion rate of 61%! In fact the Ordos are a more pronounced version of the Chaos forum situation. Few participants + (very) small average vow + high completion rates = out of alternatives earlier than the rest. But let’s face it; the Ordos are a special case! They should measure their success by their completion rate, and their dedication is what will carry them through. I’m willing to bet that by the end of the ETL the Ordos would have maintained the highest completion rate among all other forums! My challenge still stands: can you make 100% completion rate for your first vows?

Until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Vow Complete !!! - Stormraven ready for battle!!!

Time for number 3 I think :(

"I AdamV6 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Rhino with Warp Stabilisation and Hunter Killer Missile from Codex: Grey Knights for a of total value 55pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ordos and the Knights of Titan and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end"

That's great adam - well done!!!

Just a quick question: Warp Stabilization, what is it? Don't have the book with me... (edit: I'm at work so not only I do not have the Codex handy, I also cannot see the pics! ;) )

Captain Semper, I have uploaded WIP on the rhino. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=253578

You can see how I have represented the Warp Stabilisation Field, by using the antenna from Interceptor Back Packs. Seemed fitting really, they almost do the same job!

There is one in each corner of the Rhino, to represent the field all round the Rhino they generate.

Wow!!! what a Techmarine!!! I so wish there were larger pics. Well done Myxx!

BTW you guys have a total completion rate of 67% and among your first vows the completio rate is 74%(!). Excellent! :)

Thanks for the kind words Cpt. Semper, I don't know how to make the photos bigger, I'm forced to take them with my phone.

On to #2...

I, Myxx, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Lord Kaldor Draigo from Codex: Grey Knights of total value 275 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Most Holy Inquisition, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end...

Thank you :lol:

I’ve wanted to make that model for a long time. Now I only have to figure out what else I have time to do. I rely want to get my total vow count over 1000p. I have to paint some Ravens and DK’s for an upcoming tournament. Maybe I will make a vow foe one of them next week :lol:.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 8th WEEK UPDATE

Eight weeks into the challenge and the B&C community has painted in excess of 54k pts with the last week adding 12k pts a 50% rise compared to the previous. Interestingly new vows amounted to 7.5k continuing to add to the total points vowed that now approaches the 200k pts mark! The average completion rate kept climbing to 28% from 22% in the end of Week 7 while the value of the average vow was moderately trimmed to 500 pts from 512 pts the previous week.

Next week we are going to be 2/3 into the competition. Things are getting serious, and frankly time is now an issue! So finish up your current projects and look around to see what else can you do for your faction! Just finishing your initial vow won’t be enough...

So here’s how things look at the end of week 8:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 8TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 86 36,246 421 10,109 28%
Blood Angels 54 27,737 514 6,095 22%
Dark Angels 79 40,267 510 7,980 20%
Codex Space Marines 54 33,487 620 7,795 23%
Space Wolves 47 32,017 681 9,788 31%
Chaos 51 20,197 396 8,250 41%
Ordos Inquisition 21 5,921 282 4,008 68%
Total 392 195,872 500 54,025 28%
Index Astartes 28 16,255 581 6,085 37%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 825 9%
Ultramarines 12 7,569 631 885 12%

Comments:

The Dark Angels Recovered some momentum and raised their completion ratio to 20% - still lower than the average of 28%. However the 20% completion rate correspond to almost 8k pts which puts the leading forums within their sight! What they need now is a couple of really large vows (1k+) complemented with an array of smaller vows before we enter the last month of the E TENEBRAE LUX. Not that difficult in principle since we already have a good 2 months behind us. Frankly the more completions we get this week the more our hands will be freed to paint small but point-rich vows as we approach the finishing line. Guys, we really need some really big vow done this week...

The Wolves. One might thought that fatigue would have crept in by now but one would be wrong! The Wolves delivered a strong 1.8k of new completions this week securing second position with only some 300 pts behind the BTs that still lead the ETL. Furhtermore they have pledged another 1.8k pts of new vows declaring their strong commitment to win this! Their Completion rate is unavoidably higher than average though at 31%. Not that much I hear you say... Well, given the small amount of participants, the average pts/ participant is by far the highest in the competition at 890 pts (!) Good luck – that’s all I have to say. You’ve made it thus far, can you keep up for the next month? As I said before, if not the Wolves then who?

Blood Angels with 1.2k pts completed this week, their overall performance should be considered anemic at best. The BAs have a decent amount of participants and a decent mix of high/low value vows… So what is going on? Procrastination is going on. Taranis is a shining example among the Angels of Blood, pledging his 5th vow already but really guys this week should be very productive for you to get back into the game. Remember: Completing your first vow on time might not be enough! Your 22% completion rate may seem OK at face value but you’re kind of left behind in total points pledged. And the only way to increase that is to vow again – which is only possible if you get some completions underway! Right now you are last – the worst performing forum (excluding the Ordos that are somewhat special). Would you let that pass?

Black Templars completed roughly the same amount of points as last week and retain first position. However, the strong performance by other forums narrowed the gap significantly, with the Wolves being only 300 pts behind! One might say that the Templars suffer from fatigue but the addition of 6 more vows worth 2.3k (their weekly completions were 1.3k) underlines that the commitment still burns in their souls! They are the first forum to cross the 10k level of completions and still seem the favorite to win. A word of caution: you need to get some high pts vows done from your First Vows stock because the Wolves have tons of points coming your way... The odd Marshall or Emperor’s Champion won’t save the day for you. Bring in the big guns!

Codex Forums seem to getting mobilized. Some more completions from the IA, LA and UM forums this week which is good news. However 68% of the completed points come from one person: Arizonajirt who 1) can’t win this on his own, and 2) he’s done with super vows (after three consecutive ones!). So it’s time to assume responsibility and start delivering large, medium and small vows to fill the gaps before things are irreversible. Because on paper they are not. You still have the completions to keep you in the game (compliments of Arizona) and you can challenge the first position – all you have to do is keep painting!

Chaos has an exceptional performance! Although only 530 pts added this week and a very high completion rate of 41% the Chaos faction is keeping 3rd position! However the gap with DAs that have 4th narrows and although Chaos makes new vows these are not large enough to create confidence that they’ll defend their position successfully. Their average vow dropped (!) this week to below 400 that compares unfavorably with the 500 pts average of the ETL. So as was the case in the previous week, you guys got to lower your completion rate while increasing completions – i.e. increase your denominator more rapidly than you increase your numerator... Good luck with that!

Ordos Inquisition moved their completion rate from 61% to 68%! The completion rate of their first vows is 74%!! If those percentages were even remotely approached by any other forum… well you do the math! Keep going guys you’re doing an honorable and inspiring effort here!

Alright there's one month left and I have time enough for what I have planned, so it's time to double down!:

“I, Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Callidus Assassin and one Eversor Assassin from Codex: Grey Knights of total value 275 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Holy Orders of the Emperor's Inquisition and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Here's the photo evidence ;) Just as many points as my first vow and about the same amount of work really when it comes down to it. Good for 550 points in total if I pull this off though ;)

:)

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THERE?

Not only it's top notch painting but also the light work! This is an amazing piece of work Redemption - truly top notch!

If you're unsure about your time play safe! do not jeopardize such beutiful work there... It's just awesome!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 9th WEEK UPDATE

This was an excellent week. First of all the total vows pledged for the ETL breached the 200k mark! This is some commitment guys – I’m very happy that the event has such a high involvement. Another interesting feature is that the total vows are now north of 420!!! So despite the 40k 6th Ed. release that unavoidably (and rightly) took much of the attention of the gaming community, the ETL continues strong. Total completions stand at 67k points or 32% of total points pledged. So we are 2/3 down in terms of time and 1/3 down in terms of completions. I believe the completion rate in this last month will climb significantly as new vows will either be moderate in size (as to avoid being left unfinished) or will not be made at all. Interestingly in a week where completions exceeded 13.2k (the highest amount of completions since week 6) the new vows pledged exceeded 11k! Wow!

So two months into it already. Two months come and gone. We are now effectively entering the last month of the event and the stakes are high. Remember: IF BY AUGUST 15TH ANY PARTICIPANT HAS UNFINISHED VOWS THEN ALL HIS/HER PREVIOUS VOWS WILL BE NULLIFIED AND WILL COUNT FOR NOTHING. So make sure you finish up your outstanding projects thus protecting your previous effort!

Now some technicalities about the closing:

On August 15th at 22:00 GMT the ETL ends. That means that by the B&C clock any completions that are submitted after that time will not count towards the total points of your faction. Please make everybody’s life easier and avoid submitting in the nick of time – a discarded completion for just a minute could create unnecessary aggravation and leave people with a sour taste from what should be an enjoyable event. I plan to enforce the firm deadline so yes, 22:01 submissions will be discarded.

The final results will be announced on Sunday, August 19thso I will have time to process all the results, double check everything and present them in an esthetically pleasing manner. This is a big event guys so I will need some time to make sure things are in order. Just a small request: The logistics of ETL are very demanding, so if you guys cross check your status in the tables occasionally and find something that doesn’t match please bring it to my attention so I’ll act on it.

So here’s how things look at the end of week 9:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 9TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 98 40,123 409 15,633 39%
Blood Angels 62 29,533 476 7,741 26%
Dark Angels 82 41,872 511 8,490 20%
Codex Space Marines 56 33,792 603 8,665 26%
Space Wolves 48 32,637 680 11,160 34%
Chaos 54 22,892 424 11,041 48%
Ordos Inquisition 22 6,196 282 4,548 73%
Total 422 207,045 491 67,278 32%
Index Astartes 29 16,405 566 6,385 39%
Liber Astartes 15 9,818 655 1,395 14%
Ultramarines 12 7,569 631 885 12%

Comments:

The Dark Angels have the lowest completion rate at 20%. Although at face value this might look as a bad thing it also means that there is huge potential in the coming month to flood the ETL with completions driving completion rate towards the average and gaining significant momentum towards the finish line. The opposite of course is also possible so now guys is the moment of truth: Can the DAs see this through and emerge victorious? We’ll see…

The Wolves with 1/3 of their vowed points done, which translates to more than 11k pts, they are now second. However they do have some mega vows in the making and I’m sure they have not said their last word yet. The important thing here is tenacity. You guys really have to fight against fatigue and keep delivering because this is it: Just one month to go and you’ve done admirably well so far! Keep it up!

Blood Angels are struggling to keep up despite some serious completions this week. They have the lowest score so far (except the Ordos) at 7.7k pts despite having more than ¼ of their vowed points done. However there is the same principle as with the DAs here: the last month could see a sharp convergence to the ETL average completion rate thus having significant upping to their points’ total. Nevertheless this’d better start soon because time is now the primary parameter. Just to put things to perspective, in order to get to the BTs level of completed points the BAs should aim to convincingly beat the 50% completion rate. Good luck!

Black Templars had the best week any forum had since the beginning of the ETL. They completed in excess of 5.5k pts solidifying their lead at more than 15.5k completed pts so far. Furthermore they re-vowed 3.8k pts which means they still are intent of growing this sum even more. Their completion rate approaches 40% beating the average of the ETL, leading the way to the finish line. Is there anyone that can stand in their way? Let’s see.

Codex Forums added 860 pts to their total and it appears that it’s getting its engines started. With Arizona’s contribution reaching an end, it’s up to the rest to carry on delivering. Some of the work I’ve seen is exquisite so I believe the wait is worth it! Keep in mind guys there is only one month to go! Lets see if you can turn this around – you have the resources to do it – and with more than ¼ of your total vowed pts done you have a very good starting point. Just double it and you might be leading this!

Chaos carried on its great performance driving their completion rate even higher to 48% and total completed pts to above 11k! Wow! Well done – nothing more to say! The 2.8k completions this week were replenished with another 2.7k new vows, so the drive is still very strong. And still there are some seriously large vows in the pipeline that could (if supported by smaller vows as is the case so far) turn the game to their advantage. It appears the Dark Gods are looking favorably to their champions!

Ordos Inquisition continue to drive their completion rate higher reaching a record of 73%! The commitment that this group is showing coupled by some seriously nice models (not to mention RedemptionNL’s LR with real lights!!!!) is awe inspiring! Continue the Emperor’s good work guys – you are setting the standards on commitment!

Archived