LXII Legion Auxilia

... but continues on, knowing that if nothing else, he'll be slightly harder to kill in silver.

Tell that to my Marines Malevolent.... :P

heh. im long familiar with them.

but yeah, my headcanon for the lamenters is that they suffer from the curse of the absurd. i had a small lamenters army back in 4th edition, and the joke was that most of the army was recruited from wherever anyone was lining up for any reason (atm, washroom, etc) and the recruits thought they were going on tour with a band called The Lamenters and that the land raider was a tour bus.

Sariel, having decided that yellow looked pretty silly on the battlefield (a revelation that came to him when his squad was massacred trying to scout enemy positions without camouflage) decided to steal an enemy suit of power armour. After wiping the blood off, and patching up the holes, Retaliator Sariel was born. Nobody recalled Sariel, but thankfully due to the Lamenters curse of the absurd, nobody really noticed. Sariel sometimes misses his former battle brothers, but continues on, knowing that if nothing else, he'll be slightly harder to kill in silver.

THERE YOU GO I HELPED.

Finally! Someone else who shares my contempt for the color yellow on marines, and for similar reasons.

You jerks are making me want to restart my Marines Malevolents, lol.

Nah, don't do that. I like them and the Lamenters. I just like to poke fun at the latter. Heck, one of my Lamenters marines is modeled to be standing in the middle of a minefield to emphasis their cursed status.

Also cause it let's me use this quote:

"A charge through the minefield under cover of daylight. That'll be the last thing they'll be expecting."

You jerks are making me want to restart my Marines Malevolents, lol.

Pfft, the Marines Malevolent are cowards! I wouldnt bother restarting them ;) :)

In all seriousness though, you have done some wonderful models and background info. Great job mate!

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since Ive checked this out Heathens glad to see your still churning out these amazing claws. Looking forward to reading the fluff on the last three. I would love to see the whole force so far lined up.

I noticed you have not posted on the tale of 17 gamers lately. I am trying to give it a kick but I wanted to get permission off you or Dirge. Its gone quiet and there are a few of us who want to get on board and bring Badab back into the centre of the ring again.

Cheers

Thanks, man. I'll see about a group shot when I get a chance (not much to show, but hey, why not?)

As for the 17 gamers thread, that was Dirge's baby. It just got so quiet there, I figured it was cold and dead, bro. I'd be happy to help, or even restart the thread, but only with Dirge's permission.

Love all your stuff man!

BTW, I may just build a small force using the bits I have leftover from doing tru scale conversions. I have tons of regular marine legs and torsos. I would just need to get some more arms, heads, and backpacks. Perhaps Star Phantoms?!

Again, love your thread!

Ah nice stuff. This last guy has some attitude. "I fought for badab and all I got was this bootlicker's helmet. (and a glorious unjust death)" Cool beans. God damn Space shark tax collectors, get a homeworld and a real job.

The script on the chest (from what I can see) is stylish, Be proud. Icon is impressive.

The lenses are real well done and I can see you have improved on highlighting black since the glorious Ixion.

My only crit is that the paint is a little thick in a few areas, like the shoulder pads blue and some areas of the steel like the chest. But this is when comparing to nurgling's claws, who are pretty godlike, (I see you are using his recipe.)

I really like your lore snippits aswell.

Archived