LXII Legion Auxilia

With the B&C's new ruling on mortals on the board now, I finally get to show y'all my test model for the Auxilia.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/7/31/396659_md-Tyrant%27s%20Legion%20Test%20Mini.jpghttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/7/31/396658_md-Tyrant%27s%20Legion%20Test%20Mini.jpghttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/7/31/396660_md-Tyrant%27s%20Legion%20Test%20Mini.jpg

Have been following this thread for many months now. I do commend you on the fantastic work you've put into these Astral Claws. The differing poses and background pieces to individualise them certainly serves to add a very nice touch and help to mesh them into the background of Warhammer 40K. If it makes you feel better, you could say that seeing your work has certainly given me some inspiration to go ahead and take a similar approach with my own squad sergeants (Though I doubt I'll be able to make them as individual as you did. I do kinda suck at converting, and I take absolutely forever to paint. Only just managed to get my chosen colour scheme nailed down after so many badly painted test minis.)

One thing I might suggest... maybe just for laughs... is maybe keep an updated group photo on the front page of all the named members of your army as this project continues to grow? :P

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I've spent MONTHS watching this thread and pretending it never existed. But since I've finally succumbed to the will of the Tyrant I must express how much I love this thread! Every single model is so unique and characterful, and the fluff is equally ace. Though as I paint my own I'm forced to accept I'm no Heathens laugh.png

he is well painted and will match your marines nicely.  i might have put a little more color on the uniform though, maybe an urban cammo scheme to keep with the silver/grey look but something to set the guardsman apart and to break up their color scheme.  i can't say for a certainty having not seen them in person, but i kind of think that at a distance you might not be able to see where the armor and the uniform end.  in fact, you might try the armor all in blue over the grey fatigues, or black fatigues with  grey flecks and grey/silver armor?

still, as he is he is excellent and will fit in well... you know, for faceless cannon fodder.

Thanks for all the kind comments, ladies and gents! Sorry I've been out for so long, my work schedule went from crazy to "throw oneself out nearest window", plus a number of doc appointments for my back (I started my day today with eight needles in the spine... yay. down.gif ).

@MMM: I chose the color scheme for the Auxilia for a few reasons. First, these folks are bolter-fodder in the most literal form of the word possible; as such, I don't see the Badabian supply chain giving them anything more than simple wool uniforms dyed with the cheapest stuff possible... probably something cancerous. Second, these poor buggers are meant to act as moving camoflauge for the Astartes mixed amongst them... if it's harder for an opponent to tell who is who, good. Better that one of these "noble sacrifices to the cause of Badabian freedom" takes a bolt than an irreplacible Astral Claw. Also, in real life, the silver and steel is quite easy to tell between. Thanks for your thoughts though, man!

Onward, I present...(No relation to Pig of Sparta, lol)

++ Brother 'James', The Outcast ++

gallery_37532_7179_243911.pnggallery_37532_7179_146935.pnggallery_37532_7179_26435.png

All know of Lord Huron's call to arms to the fellow Wardens of the Maelstrom, as the War of Liberation began. Some know of his more desperate call for blood to mercenaries outside the Great Storm. Only those with clearance of the highest authorization given by the High Lords of Terra know that a handful of Astartes from other Chapters outside of the Lamenting Sons of Sanguinius, the Dust Walkers, and the Axe-Men of Dorn actually answered his call. In ones and twos, renegades, Black Shields, and transhuman Mercenaries came to wear the steel and sky of Badab's own, each for their own reasons. None alive know where the warrior who called himself "James" originated from, nor his reasons for fighting under the clenched-claw banner of Lugft Huron, only that his desire to spill Astartes blood was only matched by his hatred of the cursed Star Phantoms, of which he would speak of with venom and consistancy. "James" still fought in the battered, yet serviceable, plate he arrived in, scrubbed clean of all identifying marks and stripped of heraldry. For three years, "James" fought alongside the LXII with cold vengeance in his heart, ending the lives of Imperial Heroes with lethally precise, ammo-conserving shots of his ancient Bolter. As the LXII made it's stand upon the torched hell that was once Hive Dominar, "James" was noticably absent, disappearing as the Legion Auxilia made preparations to die standing. Scattered reports of a bare-plated warrior in worn, archaic armour, armed with a relic bolter, gunning down Star Phantoms within the Palace of Thorns were made, the bastard becoming a consistant pain in the Phantoms' sides as he targeted Sergeants and well-performing warriors exclusively, and with lethal results. Eventually, a five-man Sternguard squad was dispatched to hunt down and terminate this unusual traitor who spoke with a strange accent not found on Badab, and howled unfamiliar oaths such as "Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead". The Star Phantoms finally found their quarry, standing alone in Corridor 16/A, waiting for his pursuers. The gunfight that erupted was sudden, violent, precise, and quickly over. As the cordite - filled smoke cleared, "James" finally rested in a peace he had never known in life, pierced by over a dozen Vengeance rounds. Opposite of his body, two Phantoms had joined him in the forever-sleep, two others crippled by perfectly placed knee and wrist shots.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After action autopsy reports of the transhuman body found in Corridor 16/A have been sealed by the order of the Blessed High Inquisitor Zachariah Lemieux, coded Vermillion. The Emperor Protects.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Coming soon:

Brother Mordu, the last fella you'd want to see come out of a boarding torpedo.

gallery_37532_7179_192209.png

and Brother Xiao, exile of the Mantis Warriors

gallery_37532_7179_578806.png

See y'all later!

Lovely update heathens :D I'm really digging the plasma gunner, but I must say that I prefer the usual knife over the Assassin's Creed-ish blade Xiao is wielding. Ah well, you can't make us all happy :P

Looking forward to the next update and good luck with the work and medical side of things!

Cheers,

Ludovic

once again amazing work mate :tu:

the outcast is fantastic, as well as his fluff and the other guys are very nice too.

where is the punching dagger from the mantis exile from?

Love the fluff for James and it just so happens Im planning a 5 man Macharian Heresy Veteran Sternguard squad. I'm sure they can meet their demise in Corridor 16/A;) Great work as usual buddy, nice use of the Death Company and Grey Knight bits on Mordu.

I started reading this topic quite some time ago, but never got around to adding a reply.  Because I had changed over to a new computer recently, I couldn't remember all of the topics I had been watching until now :(

Love the minis and love the fact that nearly all of them have some associated background for them too ^_^

1000heathens, all your threads are inspiring to an aspiring kit-basher! :D James is awesome looking and the brothers Mordu and Xiao are so cool looking, even without paint. I really dig your Marines Malevolent thread as well.

I'd really like to know how you made Xiao's punching dagger as well.

• 2 months later...

The dagger comes from the chaos lord on manticore kit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Orphan-Brother Xiao, formerly of the Mantis Warriors.

med_gallery_37532_7179_541223.pngmed_gallery_37532_7179_79713.pngmed_gallery_37532_7179_117102.png

Once a son of the Walkers of Dust, Xiao Yin Shen was saved from certain death by Centurion Michael himself during the retreat from Sagan, wounded unto the Red Dream. Unusually, instead of requesting the Auxilia return him to his own brothers after healing, Xiao remained with the Legion, even going so far as to cast his plate in the steel and sky of Badab's own. When questioned of this unusual decision, Xiao would simply reply that he walked "the path of black ash and cinders, under a red sky of pain", and that his destiny lay with the LXII. Often found amongst the mortal ranks on his down time, Xiao spent most his time teaching the Soldiers of the LXII various tricks in crippling Astartes, guerilla tactics, and movement under intense fire. He was instrumental in turning the LXII into one of the most dangerous Tyrant's Legions under the clenched claw of the mighty Huron. Alas, the noble Xiao faced the end of his prophecy on Badab with his adopted Brothers; his broken and track-crushed corpse found in a street covered in ash and cinders, the glow of the radioactive red-orange sky reflecting across his plate.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Brother Mordu

gallery_37532_7179_248820.pnggallery_37532_7179_164775.pnggallery_37532_7179_453725.png

A Son of Badab Primus through and through, Brother Mordu was an exceptional warrior and a devoutee of the beloved insanity of a boarding action. Though his Rodarian Forge XXI Plasma Rifle was a strange choice for void warfare, Mordu made it his speciality, racking up an impressive 163 transhuman kills during the course of the War, 4 of those wearing Tactical Dreadnought Armour. Even more extraordinary was his light armour and fixed-wing aircraft kills during ground conflicts, with a career total of 3 Rhinos, 1 Razorback, a Whirlwind, 2 Inquisitorial Chimera's and even the personal Vendetta-pattern Valkrye of Inquisitor Anastasia Caldwell. LIke many Astartes who share his profession, Mordu was killed by his own weapon, it's dampener coils failing as Mordu poured shot after shot into a Lightning Claw armed Carcharodon savage. In a flash, Mordu was suddenly blind, armless, and alight, his warplate molten. The Carcharodon Astra backhanded Mordu into a culvert, leaving him to die howling in a pain even his transhuman constitution could not suppress.

Dude... Dude... DUDE!!!!!

Some really graphic and well thought out fluff, complemented by pretty, shiny models. Oh, and Xiao is a badass. I'm probably the only person on here that likes these guys more than them Malevolent boys.

Thanks man, I really apprieciate it! Have no fear, the bad boys in yellow and black will be making a return soon; I have a few sitting in my to-do pile as we speak.

I'm probably the only person on here that likes these guys more than them Malevolent boys.

Nah, I prefer these chaps too ;)

And yeah, the fluff is very cool. The painting is also very good :tu:

Archived