Merc's madness

xmercx

first vow for ETL III

I Xmercx answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [1 Captain w/ Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield and Jump pack (175pts.) 1 Ten marine Tactical Squad w/ missile launcher and melta gun (175 pts.) and 1 Ten marine Assault Squad w/ two infernus pistols on sergeant and two meltaguns in the squad (240 pts.) ] for the Nova Angels [successor Chapter of the Blood Angels ] of total value [590 pts] on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to [All the Sons of Sanguinius] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

pre pic

gallery_33706_8353_1332301.jpg

xmercx

You're truly an inspiration. I've recently utterly lost the compunction to do any hobby with my loyalist marines, but after browsing the pages of work you have done I feel enlightened. All I want to do now is break open some boxes and get kit bashing.

Thank you brother, your "blog" entries are truly everything I needed to get me back into my loyalists!

BCC :D

How much wine did you have to drink before you could start painting these fellas?!!

I don't really drink actually.  But I have friends and family that do.  I just ask for corks at gatherings and save them up.  This took most of my stock pile though I have given bags of them off to friends.  I expect to get an other big pile soon as wedding season is starting :-)

xmercx

You're truly an inspiration. I've recently utterly lost the compunction to do any hobby with my loyalist marines, but after browsing the pages of work you have done I feel enlightened. All I want to do now is break open some boxes and get kit bashing.

Thank you brother, your "blog" entries are truly everything I needed to get me back into my loyalists!

BCC :biggrin.:

Glad I could help.  My main reason for running this thread was that I often came to this board to get ideas for my work and thought I should share what I did so others could do the same.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so like normal I have been slacking on posting, but I have been working on stuff when real life doesn't interfere with hobby time.

First vow for this year's ETL is now complete:

gallery_33706_8353_172724.jpggallery_33706_8353_427080.jpggallery_33706_8353_792131.jpggallery_33706_8353_258894.jpggallery_33706_8353_441265.jpg

And a pic of my next project:

gallery_33706_8353_1106568.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...