• 5 weeks later...

In the tradition of the grand scheming, conspiracy, and galaxy-spanning plots of the game universe, I'm going to tie Inquisitor Teriq Ausar/Grand Master Mikha'il into my story of the Nova Hawks. I may have to either shift the Investus Incident forward in time (making Investus the former homeworld of the Nova Hawks) or create some new incident in which someone claiming to be Teriq Ausar takes a hand in major events. No, the Dark Angels and other Unforgiven Chapters won't be involved except to set things in motion (by reviving Mikha'il from stasis).

This is all in addition to working on some additional background for the Angels of Veneration, mind you, so the Unforgiven aren't being left out in the cold.

• 4 years later...

+++ INCOMING MESSAGE +++
+++ TERRA +++
+++ LORD COMMANDER OF THE IMPERIUM +++
+++ ULTIMA FOUNDING +++

+++ IN HONOUR OF THEIR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE, THE VENERATORS OF KORUMANI WILL BE REBORN IN A NEW CHAPTER BEARING THE GENE-SEED OF LEGIO I +++

+++ BATTLE-BARGE DESIGNATED "OBSIDIAN LION" EN ROUTE TO THE ROCK +++

+++ RENDEZVOUS ESTIMATED TWO MONTHS +++

+++ NEW CHAPTER NAME UNDETERMINED +++

+++ CHAPTER MASTER ADAR VAHRAM WILL COORDINATE WITH CHAPTER MASTER OF DARK ANGELS CHAPTER +++

+++ GLORY TO THE IMPERIUM OF MANKIND +++
+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

More to follow...

• 1 month later...

Interesting administrative note: the lore in the Black Legion supplement has provided an official account of the Tide of Blood that forces me to re-write key background information I've presented for the Angels of Veneration. :pinch:

723.M36 Fifth Black Crusade

Abaddon scours the Elysia sector, raiding hundreds of worlds and causing untold death and destruction. On Tarinth, the Despoiler lures the Warhawks and Venerators Chapters into the ruins of Kasyr Lutein where he traps them between the daemonic hordes of Khorne and the Black Legion. In a bitter last stand, both loyalist Chapters are utterly destroyed, their skulls taken by the Daemon Prince Doombreed to be mounted upon the mighty throne of Khorne.

And this is why writing official events into your DIY can be risky. :cool.:

So continuing the story is going to take a bit of time as I focus on restoring the background.