The E Tenebrae Lux After Action Thread

chaplaincliff

So I just went through the numbers for what we pulled off and we painted a total of;

44,994 POINTS!

Well done brothers, I have done the math and our closest competetors didn't even come close to our last minute additions, the noble sons of russ came in with 27,646 points and the Sons of the lion came in with an astounding 34,471!

We have done well brothers and I think we have proven our worth in this first of hopefully many challenges, I am honored to have completed this with all of you!

Right on! It's an honor just to be associated with all of you.

I became active on these boards again much too late to participate, but after seeing everyone inspiring work, it definitely got me painting. I've made quite a dent, and I still have quite a bit to go.

Well done! Very nice job indeed.

For me atleast, the honorifics and badges of victory given out at the end of this competition will be a secondary prize. What I am even more proud of is the way that everyone came together (to crusade our brother chapters in the face no-less :blush: ). There was a real sense of camaraderie and brotherhood with all of the encouragement and support in the thread.

We had some great characters emerge aswell (looking at you Reclusiarch Darklight) as well as some incredible completions.

Having only Just joined the B&C before the start of the event, It was a great way to get acquainted with our little sub forum and all of its denizens.

Well done every body. Drinks (or chainsword fuel, your choice) are on the dark angels for the next year.

P.S. Dark Scipio, if you are reading this, you almost gave me a heart attack while reading the final pages of the thread :D Please report to the apothacaries for psych evaluation

<stands and applauds>

Brothers, you all were magnificent. It is an honor to be associated with all of you.

My heart bursts with pride for our chapter.

Oh, and Angels of Darkness...well played.

Cheers,

Side note: Got to Tennessee just fine after a 15 hour drive (had a couple of food breaks in there). Arkansas has a thing or two to learn about roads compared to Texas and Tennessee. Daughter goes into the drop pod on Friday and gets launched for her own crusade.

really sucks that this competition came out just a few months after i painted an entire 1500 point army of Black Templars! Really would have like to have contributed to it. Glad to know that my over-eagerness to paint didn't hurt our ability to win though. All your guy's hard work really paid off though, seeing as we come off this thing with a win!

GRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GETS A VICTORY BANNER!

I just looked at the tables, but did you guys realize that the only incomplete vows were from the first set? ALL the other follow on vows were completed so we did not lose a single point to the cascade effect.

That alone is huge beyond imagining.

I am definitely going to talk to Captain Semper about the phrase "most committed" now.

That is just awesome.

Cheers,

Whatever you do, don't offer him toast. Dark Angels do not like toast. I have the interrogation scars to prove it

That's because they have never had the "Holy Toast of Antioch". I may just toss a few slices his way.

I too would like to tell you that it has been a great honourto stand shoulder to shoulder with you brothers on this field of brushes, i only wish I had had more time and real life had not interfered so much in my own work, or I would have added a fifth vow as well (possibly even a sixth), but such is the world of time i guess...

seeing all of your works realy do make me (even morethan before!!!) proud to call myself a Templar!!!

well done, hope this will be repeated next year :wub:

@ Captain semper: Thanks for this opportunity to get started on the painting of models, honoestly do not think I would have started if not for this challenge, havent felt the need to paint for over a year before this, and now i only wait for the time to paint more (sadly my life seems to busy all the time...).

Congrats to my Brothers!! We are truly the chapter to exemplify what it means to be chosen by the Emperor. I am so glad to have met this challenge head on with my brothers!

This challenge will be the benchmark by which victory is measured going forth from this point!! We proved what it means to work a not only a unit but brothers united by a cause :wub:

All I can say is that was awesome! :D

I need to say thank you to Captain Semper for putting this together. When I was poking around the BT sub-forum trying to decide if I really wanted to get back into the hobby, the ETL was one of the things that brought me back. The spirit of camaraderie in the BT ETL thread, even at the pre-stages, really pulled me in and I was overwhelmed with the need to participate. Not having the models for my initial Vow held me back (I was in the moment :D ) and I continued to chomp at the bit until I finally scrounged the funds I needed to buy them. From that point I managed to paint 95% of the BT models I had. It would have been 100%, but I simply ran out of time on that last Crusade Squad. :( Granted my painting skills are mediocre at best, but when you compare them to all the unfinished models around my LGS, they're veritable works of art. :lol: So thank you Captain Semper for organizing this event, and thank you fellow Brother Templars for inspiring me to not only re-enter the hobby, but paint a complete army as well!

I wanted to share the end result of that inspiration, so this is what you all helped me accomplish. :)

9 Vows

2962 total points

Noctis Crusade group photo:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000388.jpg

Obligatory panoramic close up pass:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000387.jpg

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000386.jpg

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000385.jpg

Thanks. :)

OK guys - I say wait until tomorrow - there will be a thread to discuss and post pics and get the OFFICIAL results. Gimme a few hours - let keep a low profile until then. It will be more fun - I promise! :lol:

Well done guys. I regret not having jumped aboard while my vow could have counted, but It felt great to have completed something, especially seing that my normal model painting speed is measured in years, not hours.

And Scipio, did I mention you are nuts? Well you are, and I suspect you are rather happy about it too :lol:

Edit: Semper I think we might be a lost cause in that regard

“I T14 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete another chaplain from Codex:Black Templars of total value 100-150 on or before August 30. Success will bring eternal glory to our Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

So There!

Edit: It seems I will be back to my old, normal vow-failing self shortly. Oh well :D

Congrats, Brothers! I am glad to be in such great company. Though I did not complete nearly as much as some of you, even an unexpected visit to the Apothecarion (don't worry, I'm fine now) couldn't stop me from finishing my small vow. Also, now there will be that many fewer Templars gracing the field in the dishonorable grey of unpaintedness.

Captain Semper: You should know the legacy of the Templars by now, and yet you ask us to wait? We are far too zealous for that. ^_^

T14: Interesting...another outside-of-ETL vow...hmm...

I, KhorneHunter57x, answer the challenge of Templar14 and vow to complete a Chaplain from Codex: Black Templars on or before August 30.

Thanks to all those who stepped up and made this happen. Regardless of the end result, we came from near the bottom at the beginning of the ETL and became frontrunners. Every challenge by another subforum was met, and defeated. I bow to you all.

My end result: 6 vows, 1265 points. A lot lower than I wanted it to be, but such is life.

Why did it take me so long to notice this thread?!

Brothers, some news. The local Techmarine tells me my paintbrushes are all too far gone, I must replace them... They served me well.

In all seriousness though, excellent work. All of you! This was a lot of fun :blink:

Along the lines of Apoc, I thought it would be interesting to pit all of our vows against the various other forums in Apoc games. It would be interesting to see if the others would have enough boots and treads to take us on, mano y mano.

At some point it would be interesting to see how may infantry, tanks, dreads, and skimmers our "crusade" represents.

For myself, I added:

1 x Chaplain

5 x Terminators (2 x CML)

5 x Initiates

2 x LRC

1 x LR

Cheers,

Also, can I suggest that we stat Darklight out, probably for Apoc? Something with relentless, it will not die, and the Paintbrush Crozius of Amazing Epicness.

Sig'd.

Along the lines of Apoc, I thought it would be interesting to pit all of our vows against the various other forums in Apoc games. It would be interesting to see if the others would have enough boots and treads to take us on, mano y mano.

At some point it would be interesting to see how may infantry, tanks, dreads, and skimmers our "crusade" represents.

For myself, I added:

1 x Chaplain

5 x Terminators (2 x CML)

5 x Initiates

2 x LRC

1 x LR

Cheers,

It would be interesting to see an Apoc starring everything we've commited... Too bad there's no real effective way of doing that without all of us flying out to some event hall or something for a weekend. Would be neat though.

And I plan on taking some pictures of everything I've done for this event. When I get home from work tonight, I'll post some pictures and the full detail list of what I vowed.

And I plan on taking some pictures of everything I've done for this event. When I get home from work tonight, I'll post some pictures and the full detail list of what I vowed.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I even thought about posting a new thread "ETL vow completion pictures' or something, but there's this thread and also you've mentioned it. All I can say is "let's do this!" :)

While I only completed a typhoon for this challenge, I only vowed what I knew I could complete. While real life ran its course, this competition has inspired me to levels of painting zeal that I had not believed I was capable of.

Other than the typhoon, I have been gearing my force for 6th edition changes. 5 of my initiates have been outfitted with jump packs and melta bombs, I have converted random bits left over from assembly into a biker chaplain with a fist, and a landraider (vanilla) and 2 lasbacks.

I am pleased to announce to my battle brothers that all of my models are painted.

I'd like to thank Captain Semper for organizing such a great event, and to every battle brother in every subforum who participated, and to Brother Darklight, Honda, nards08, and all of the other heavy-hitters in our corner for keeping the pace frantic and inspiring the rest of us with their encouragement and zeal!

I've seen a lot of great work in this competition, and I am looking forward to finally going to my LGS and putting down a wholly painted force. Finally.

-Brother Montressor

Archived