The E Tenebrae Lux After Action Thread

chaplaincliff

Oh man! 6 points short! Maybe I should try to convince captain Semper my marshal had frags and a teleport homer!

Kidding aside, congratulations to everyone. Very well done! The quality and the quantity of models painted was impressive.

We should consolidate all that was painted and send it to GW to try to get on their blog. That would be a grand finale for the ETL!

Ooh, wow. Too bad about that last 6 points, huh..?

The Templar never vow too many or too few points. They vow the exact number that they intended.

:)

The Templar never vow too many or too few points. They vow the exact number that they intended.

;)

that is beautiful, sounds almost clannish from the battle tech universe, the templar clan...

Six points from 45K. That sound like a penance to me. We were this short of a milestone number and failed to reach it. I feel myself at blame on this one.

But it was a great and fun time. A busy summer with a lot going on. I'll wait for the official thread, but I'm sure we can't thank Captain Semper enough times for this event. If it wasn't him, we wouldn't have done this at all.

:D

Except for the fact that a wizard *cough* WITCH *cough* said the unparaphrased version!

:D

Except for the fact that a wizard *cough* WITCH *cough* said the unparaphrased version!

Thought it sounded familiar. Took me a while to figure out the reference. My love of the leaf has clearly slowed my mind also...

Brother, I know not of what you speak :confused:

On a side note, I think I am now obligated to model up a Templar executing Gandalf with the label "Suffer not the witch to live" on it. Yes, I think I have to do that now.

Inspiration, oh how you taunt me.

I have a banner for my sig now, yay!

But in all seriousness, thanks very much for this challenge Captain Semper, it was an amazing experience, and a really awesome way to jump into the fire so to speak with painting miniatures. I was very very relieved to finish, as I didn't want to let down my fellow battle brothers.

Thanks for all your hard work, and the awesome graphs and stats you provided at the end of it.

great work templar brothers! i only pitched in 211 points of crusader squad + rhino, but in that time i graduated college, took 2 trips and am outa work so alas, no real painting or buying of models for me...next year will be a better year though for sure. getting some steady income to produce some more zealous crusading brethren for my already growing crusade.

IMPERATOR VULT!

I just wanted to congratulate you all on a job well done. Unfortunately I wasn't on the forums in time to make a vow, but you have all inspired me to take my crusade from grey marines to true templars.

Welcome Brother!

As you will see, the crusade is ongoing and we continue to build our ranks for there will be many challenges ahead.

Cheers,

I would rather post here for my battle brothers than over in some dark corner of another forum...

I present a compilation of my vows for the ETL 2012 challenge...

gallery_29938_2168_174171.jpg

someone had mentioned a apoc battle force.. I think the only thing I am missing is an Emperors Champion..

@BR: That is an awesome looking force. You have 1K in just Landraiders... :lol:

someone had mentioned a apoc battle force.. I think the only thing I am missing is an Emperors Champion..

I don't have an EC yet either...for some reason, I don't feel like I've earned the right to paint one just yet. I have the Juan Diaz version which I just love, but will probably end up building a plastic version. The JD version almost seems too sacred to mess with it's so awesome.

I would rather post here for my battle brothers than over in some dark corner of another forum...

Well the way I'm dealing with that humiliation is by posting on a number of their threads. Then they get daily reminders of who won their gig. I do give Captain Semper credit for his portrayal of the Templar who received the award. I thought that rather fitting.

And for giggles, here's my stuff...

gallery_15184_7227_584948.jpg

Cheers,

I don't have an EC yet either...for some reason, I don't feel like I've earned the right to paint one just yet. I have the Juan Diaz version which I just love, but will probably end up building a plastic version. The JD version almost seems too sacred to mess with it's so awesome.

If you haven't earned it, then who has? Besides, I wouldn't call your painting "messing" with something either :cuss

If you haven't earned it, then who has? Besides, I wouldn't call your painting "messing" with something either :cuss

Indeed, tvih. @ Honda, if you have one then paint it up. Do it the honor of full BT colours. I was a bit hesitant to repaint my one but even after a spray primer coat it still kept its detail as I didnt strip the old rubbish paint job off first. I would offer to paint it for you but we are a little far apart to risk safe postage travel.

Here's a groupshot of my part of the ETL. They're standing sort of randomly because they just had a big fight over who gets to ride in the spartan (except the assault marines who realize they want no part in that and are wisely standing on the side)... Or it might just be they're taking too much space for my pitiful little computer desk to get a proper image

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8434/7812082404_7fe971a3b1_c.jpg

Archived