PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

Well done guys! With Stobz'completion we are now more than 46% completion rate. Deadline for October is approaching, so wrap it up - let's beat last month's completion rate of 65%! That means that we need 41 completions - we are currently at 31 so we need 10 more completions to match September's performance! :(

Oh, and Stobz? Pictures or (excruciating) death. :cuss

Good looking termies brother Oliver. Well done on you vow.

A bit of CnC if you don't mind; your control is very good and your scheme and palette is also cool, I but I think you need to hit the areas between the armour joints such as the groin area with chainmail and hide any slips with a black wash. It will help to create visual depth on the model, you could also hit the red eyes with a brown wash into the recesses to achieve the same.

Sorry if that was uncalled for, they are cool regardless but it looks like you have the ability to make them shine :lol: might as well :P

stobz

Good looking termies brother Oliver. Well done on you vow.

A bit of CnC if you don't mind; your control is very good and your scheme and palette is also cool, I but I think you need to hit the areas between the armour joints such as the groin area with chainmail and hide any slips with a black wash. It will help to create visual depth on the model, you could also hit the red eyes with a brown wash into the recesses to achieve the same.

Sorry if that was uncalled for, they are cool regardless but it looks like you have the ability to make them shine :tu: might as well ;)

stobz

I'm always up for some CnC.. :P anything that'll make them stand out a bit more.. I look around at some of the models being done by people and I suffer envy at the level of quality on display.. :( Thank you!

Vow Completed! My 1st Tactical Squad of 4th Company ;)

Excellent work and nice minis... pity about the bases though, they would have made those great minis in to marvelous ones. You've however taken the October Newcmers to over the 50% makrk so congratulations!:D

October Vow Complete. Linky Next month, hmmm?

Nice work and in quantity as usual.... super to see so many Whirlwinds arrayed for battle.

Nice one P, also; my little Oct vow is complete.

Pics tomorrow, camera's at work and I can't be bothered going back in ;)

S

I'll take your word for it... break it and it'll be double time in chamber 42 with Captain Semper!! :P

and that's October done and in the books.. :( photos in the original post and also coming in the next few minutes to my WIP blog below.

Nice work for two months running.... keeping the faith indeed!

Breakdown for October Oath Keepers:

Veterans from September: 23/46 (50%) Redemptors: 1/4 (25%) Newcomers: 7/12 (58.3%)

Path to Redemption Current Status
SEPTEMBER N/A N/A N/A 82 29 (35.3%) 53 (64.6%)
OCTOBER 46 12 04 62 01(1.6%) 32 (51.6%) :(

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/PtR_Return_to_Redeem_Banner.jpg

TWO DAYS LEFT TO KEEP YOUR FAITH WITH THE LION

Thanks to a brilliant run in with my paint station, one of my psycho pups brought the whole damned thing crashing down (thank God the painting tray itself didn't flip, so we only had to clean up brush wash water, not full paint) and shattered (along the seams and joins, luckily) three of the five Marines I was working on. One of those was semi-fortuitous, because I was really having a problem getting around the weapon sling, but was loathe to tear him apart to paint again, but I'm mostly just upset. I still have Tactical markings, task force markings and any honor marks/devotional text I decide to do (which will probably be minimal), but I'm hoping to come in for a last minute screaming landing at the finish.

I'll have something to show later today. Had a problem with the house, plus with the coming hurricane it's been a mess over here. Please don't smite me!

Hope you sort out the problem with the house and good luck with the hurricane. look after yourself, your faith in the first legion will remain strong regardless..

Thanks to a brilliant run in with my paint station, one of my psycho pups brought the whole damned thing crashing down (thank God the painting tray itself didn't flip, so we only had to clean up brush wash water, not full paint) and shattered (along the seams and joins, luckily) three of the five Marines I was working on. One of those was semi-fortuitous, because I was really having a problem getting around the weapon sling, but was loathe to tear him apart to paint again, but I'm mostly just upset. I still have Tactical markings, task force markings and any honor marks/devotional text I decide to do (which will probably be minimal), but I'm hoping to come in for a last minute screaming landing at the finish.

No fuss, just in the nick of time is absolutely fine by me... ;)

SG

Little update for my Ravenwing squad. I was able to get the base paint on, hopefully I can get around to doing the boltgun metal around the edges next. There's no telling how this storm is going to affect us, people in New York and New Jersey are going to get hit hard in a few hours.

gallery_53412_5976_1449417.jpg

gallery_53412_5976_1683864.jpg

Ive had a rough time, but it seems the good days are (lmost) here again.

Lost my job, but fortunatly got a new one. That one will start on Thursday.

Meanwhile I managed to finally get my degree in education (Bachelor of Education, that's me it seems).

All in all a real busy month for me... Not much painting going on. Not sure if I will finish this before thursday... probably not, I'd like to prepare for my new job.

I will probably pick it up sometime soon, when things are a bit more reaxed around here.

For now, I'll throw the towel (painting cloth?) in the ring. I will get back up (i.e. I will continue this) but I have enough on my head right now.

At the moment I cant be bothered to even look at them. I've got more important things to do. :devil:

I will be back though, no worries. Just... not now. Maybe next week, maybe next month.

Good luck to you all! ^_^ See you all soon.

I, Sarducci, being severely mentally challenged, do hereby vow to finish my Aegis Defense Line with Dual Twin-Linked Autocannons (100 points). Actually I'm stuck at home during Hurricane Sandy, and the Aegis isn't very much, but I'm bored.

Primed Grey to Start

Turret and guns

Will update throughout the day.

Front of Small Bunkers

Rear of Small Bunkers

Another update.

Long Bunker Front

Long Bunker Rear

All done.

Guns and Turret

Full Aegis Line

Vow Complete.

Ok, I've done the bases ;)

See, just a little effort and the impact is massive. Very nice work now!:)

Lost my job, but fortunatly got a new one. That one will start on Thursday. Meanwhile I managed to finally get my degree in education (Bachelor of Education, that's me it seems).

All in all a real busy month for me... Not much painting going on. Not sure if I will finish this before thursday... probably not, I'd like to prepare for my new job.

I will probably pick it up sometime soon, when things are a bit more reaxed around here. For now, I'll throw the towel (painting cloth?) in the ring. I will get back up (i.e. I will continue this) but I have enough on my head right now. At the moment I cant be bothered to even look at them. I've got more important things to do. :) I will be back though, no worries. Just... not now. Maybe next week, maybe next month.

Good luck to you all! :) See you all soon.

Sorry to see you throw in the towel... or ...should it be the robe? ;) There is always a chance for redemption in the later months. I will have the watchers keep an eye on you!! :P May the Lion smile upon you suring thes turbulant times in your life and look forward to seeing you rejoin the ranks of the unforgiven...

I finished my vow. Sandy turned its Hurricane Bolters on me and I can't load a photo.

Well done GMB... waiting to see you staff.... but we'll take your word for it.

Sandy?? ,,,,I got chills...They're multiplyin'. I'm losin' control.

'Cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin ....... Now why would anyone name a hurricane after ONJ/JT song? :P

Vow complete! Pics in posts 396 & 474. On a side note, brothers remind me to neveer undertake such a massive vow in one go again. Sleepless nights are not a good thing for someone that makes a living playing with fire.

Massive mega effort there... the legion will indeed be proud!

LINKYPOO

Proof ;)

s

Never doubted you for a moment..... and excellent work as usual...

I, Sarducci, being severely mentally challenged, do hereby vow to finish my Aegis Defense Line with Dual Twin-Linked Autocannons (100 points). Actually I'm stuck at home during Hurricane Sandy, and the Aegis isn't very much, but I'm bored.

Primed Grey to Start

Turret and guns

Front of Small Bunkers

Rear of Small Bunkers

Another update.

Long Bunker Front

Long Bunker Rear

Late in the day a second oath comes flying by putting to shame those who have et to reach their destination......

Small and large, the battle brothers of the unforgiven are coming together near the end of the second part of their journey down this difficult path. Remember, this is only the beginning...and much will be tested against you in the coming months but I have faith in your ability to keep trudging down the path!

Veterans from September: 25/46 (54%) Redemptors: 1/4 (25%) Newcomers: 7/12 (58.3%)

OCTOBER 46 12 04 62 02(3.2%) 34 (54.8%) :)

ONE DAY LEFT TO KEEP YOUR FAITH WITH THE LION

Ok, I've done the bases ;)

See, just a little effort and the impact is massive. Very nice work now!:)

Lost my job, but fortunatly got a new one. That one will start on Thursday. Meanwhile I managed to finally get my degree in education (Bachelor of Education, that's me it seems).

I will probably pick it up sometime soon, when things are a bit more reaxed around here. For now, I'll throw the towel (painting cloth?) in the ring. I will get back up (i.e. I will continue this) but I have enough on my head right now. At the moment I cant be bothered to even look at them. I've got more important things to do. :) I will be back though, no worries. Just... not now. Maybe next week, maybe next month.

Good luck to you all! :) See you all soon.

Sorry to see you throw in the towel... or ...should it be the robe? ;) There is always a chance for redemption in the later months. I will have the watchers keep an eye on you!! :o May the Lion smile upon you suring thes turbulant times in your life and look forward to seeing you rejoin the ranks of the unforgiven...

I finished my vow. Sandy turned its Hurricane Bolters on me and I can't load a photo.

'Cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin ....... Now why would anyone name a hurricane after ONJ/JT song? :P

Vow complete! Pics in posts 396 & 474. On a side note, brothers remind me to neveer undertake such a massive vow in one go again. Sleepless nights are not a good thing for someone that makes a living playing with fire.

Massive mega effort there... the legion will indeed be proud!

LINKYPOO

Proof ;)

s

Never doubted you for a moment..... and excellent work as usual...

Primed Grey to Start

Turret and guns

Front of Small Bunkers

Rear of Small Bunkers

Another update.

Long Bunker Front

Long Bunker Rear

Late in the day a second oath comes flying by putting to shame those who have et to reach their destination......

October vow completed! I have updated and edited my first post #95 link here.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...60034&st=75

Excellent looking DW squad...Well done on reaching rest station 2!

Small and large, the battle brothers of the unforgiven are coming together near the end of the second part of their journey down this difficult path. Remember, this is only the beginning...and much will be tested against you in the coming months but I have faith in your ability to keep trudging down the path!

Veterans from September: 26/46 (56.5%) Redemptors: 1/4 (25%) Newcomers: 7/12 (58.3%)

OCTOBER 46 12 04 62 02(3.2%) 35 (56.5%) B)

ONE DAY LEFT TO KEEP YOUR FAITH WITH THE LION

'Cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin ....... Now why would anyone name a hurricane after ONJ/JT song? :)

Ermm, :)

OK, move along people, nothing to see here... Venerable Dreads behave like that sometimes... Nothing peculiar here, move along... *executes servitor responsible for SG's sugar intake*

Archived