PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

ihg033, Kyr Grykkas and Captain Sox - Well done on your completions. ihg033 - love the effect you've got on the librarian's face..very subtle but life like. Soxy, nice work with the Dv terminators and Kyr is up to the usual crisp standards as well!

Newcomer Arkley is outdoing himself with a third vow for October...I applaude your faith and look forward to seeing the Knight commander :P

Well done chaps, completions now over the 25% hrdle for October!

Path to Redemption Current Status
SEPTEMBER N/A N/A N/A 82 53 (64.6%)
OCTOBER 45 11 03 59 17 (28.8%) :P

SG

OK guys, just a week to go - can we beat last month's competion rate? We need 22 completions that, according to SG's table depicting September's completions in post #2, is more than reasonable to expect! So let's complete Octrober with a bang! ;)

Hail frateris!

Oh, dear me. I have come here, full of repentance and humbly offer up my September vow:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/PathtoRedemption-SEPvow1_zps6b9de99f.jpg

The Grand Master of our Chapter, who I pledge to have finished before the end of October! Also, I will offer up an October vow - a solitary Deathwing Terminator with twin-lightning claws, who will also be done. Then, at the pleasure of the Inner Circle, I will in November do my penance task with great humilty, as well as complete a November vow.

Humbly,

Master Ciaphas

Hail frateris!

Oh, dear me. I have come here, full of repentance and humbly offer up my September vow:

The Grand Master of our Chapter, who I pledge to have finished before the end of October! Also, I will offer up an October vow - a solitary Deathwing Terminator with twin-lightning claws, who will also be done. Then, at the pleasure of the Inner Circle, I will in November do my penance task with great humilty, as well as complete a November vow.

Humbly,

Master Ciaphas

The Lion will indeed be pleased at your return as are your comrades, Master Ciaphas. Howeve, the oaths must be codex valid entries so that while your September entry is valid a single terminator will not be valid unless it is completing an incomplete terminator squad or reinforcing a completed one but within codex restrictions. Would you kindly re-affirm your October vow so that I may proudly display your name on the list of brethren walking the Path?

I vow to paint Belial before the end of October! I'll get a picture up tonight of where he's at.

I, Windfang, vow to complete 5 additional tactical marines to my 1 squad . 1 Sargent Chain Sword, Plasma Pistol. 3 Bolters and 1 Plasma Cannon. Total point cost of 210pts

Last minute reinforcements one froma veteran and another from a neophyte! Well met brothers!

chaos painting challenge.....
There is one? ~snicker~

Almost done with my second October vow...just a little work on the multimelta gunner's backpack...

Now now...be nice to our lost brothers.. I mean the truly lost and the damned!! :D march10k, I do apologise as I seem to have missed tagging your completion as well as your second oath. All up to date now in the october oaths list. :)

OCTOBER 46 12 03 61 18 (29.5%) :)

SG

October has been a frankly horrible month and i've not even started progress on my vow yet - not good. I'm determined to get it finished though but might not get to pick up a brush until Monday. It's going to be a close one me thinks...

Al

My dear battle brothers, I'm happy to say I've completed my september and october vow !

Here are the last minis of the september vow, 5 close combat terminators :

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/2580/dsc09893so.jpg

And for october, Asmodaï is now ready to watch on his brother's souls :

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/913/dsc09890s.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img15/3386/dsc09891jv.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img845/5411/dsc09892z.jpg

And I present you the next minis coming : terminators for november's vow, and the second dread of the army for december (base colors were done at the same time as for Asmodaï)

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/1223/dsc09895j.jpg

Details of Sir Tancrede's vows can be seen in his WIP thread Deathwing is Coming! :: - SG

October has been a frankly horrible month and i've not even started progress on my vow yet - not good. I'm determined to get it finished though but might not get to pick up a brush until Monday. It's going to be a close one me thinks...

Al

No rush Al, just in the nick of time would do!! :P

My dear battle brothers, I'm happy to say I've completed my september and october vow !

Here are the last minis of the september vow, 5 close combat terminators :

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/2580/dsc09893so.jpg

Absolutely brilliant stuff Sir Tancrede. I must say that i didn't realise you were ploughing through your Septembe and then October vow. I will update the listing in the October Oath page to reflect this. I would like to remind you that as a redemptor returning to walk the path of redemption you have completed two of the three tasks towards earning the September White pearl in addition to your October pearl. This final task will be revelaed in the first week of November.

Failed September Oaths & the Black Pearl

Those who were unable to keep to their Paths of redemption do still have a chance of earning their Black Pearl. These Unredeemed brethren will have to complete three tasks in order to return to their Path of Redemption:

1. Complete their September oath before the end of October.

2. Complete a separate oath for October, however small by the end of October.

3. Complete a third, small additional task by the end of November. This task will be revealed to you at the end of October once you have completed your September and October oaths of moment.

This has nothing to do with your November oath which is already looking awesome in anticipation. I really love the way your DW look! :)

OCTOBER 46 12 04 62 18 (29.0%) :P

SG

And this crosses the 30% completion rate! Well done everybody!!! Now this is the crucial weekend - the one before the dreaded (or maybe not so dreaded ;)) deadline!

Final push to see the completion rate explode! :)

And this crosses the 30% completion rate! Well done everybody!!! Now this is the crucial weekend - the one before the dreaded (or maybe not so dreaded :P) deadline!

Final push to see the completion rate explode! :tu:

I'll be posting my Oct PtR soon, as I am sure several others will.

preping the models for next months vow (is that cheating?) as i will be moving house mid month so want a head start. just need to get some new greenstuff now.....

well done all who have completed and good luck/get a move on those who havent :)

i'm really enjoying seeing eveyones models and this is giving me a great motivation to paint a load of things i've had lying around as not started projects for ages. thanks to the organisers for giving me the kick up the ____ by running this!

preping the models for next months vow (is that cheating?) as i will be moving house mid month so want a head start. just need to get some new greenstuff now.....

Absolutely not... the whole idea is to complete something you have lying around or have started...so whatever state they are in, as long as they are not complete when you start, they can be used for the enxt oath! :P

well done all who have completed and good luck/get a move on those who havent :)

i'm really enjoying seeing eveyones models and this is giving me a great motivation to paint a load of things i've had lying around as not started projects for ages. thanks to the organisers for giving me the kick up the ____ by running this!

Always happy to oblige with the kick up the ____ to anyone who wants it!! :P :)

SG

Ok, I've completed my October Vow; see the original post here.

Congrats to all those who have completed before me, and encouragement to all those who need it still!

Well done skink, wear your double pearl with pride!

All I have left is 5 tactical and my massive vow will be done. Hopefully I can get some painting done tonight. The wife's had a crapy work schedual the last few nights.

I'm so close to getting my Ravenwing done. I just have the dreaded grey highlighting and base work to do. NEVER AGAIN will I see black armour as an easy task.

Keep up the good work Hidicul and Burn_the_heretic, inch by bloody inch we nudge forwards on the path to our lord of the first legion!

SG

Always happy to oblige with the kick up the ____ to anyone who wants it!! :P :)

SG

And I for one have always appreciated that, SG.

If there is one thing I can recommend to anyone considering pursuing their own path to redemption, it is really, really, REALLY make the time for it.

Unfortunately, I must once again report failure in staying on the path.

I entered the PtR to escape from real life for awhile. But RL just kept piling things on: job woes, car repairs $$$, laptop fried, family members battling over a parent's refusing medical treatment and one's right to die.

I've spent the last two weeks trying to give a serious push to my models, halfway completing my oaths but finding them sloppy and rushed. I'm making it a stressful exercise when it should be fun.

So, I'm going to take off my glasses, rip off my shirt revealing a big red "S", and brace myself for the Real Life freight train rushing towards me.

When the dust settles, I'll be back - even if I miss out on that black pearl. What I'll really miss is finding out what SG has in mind for his "special challenges". ;)

Until next time.

-Archangel

Archived