PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

Path to Redemption Update

Path to Redemption Current Status
OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY45030250 00(0%)18 (36%)

SG

I have completed my January vow, but I'd rather have my photos here than willy-nilly everywhere on the Net, so I will wait patiently to amaze and astound Stobz with my new power fist and Elmo with my shiny wax on the purity seals until I can upload them here. biggrin.png

In the meantime, I have started working on my LPC vow, so I will additionally vow for the month of January two tactical marines with bolters and one veteran sergeant with power maul and bolter pistol. I still need to finish the heads on the Tac marines, all the line highlighting, sealing, and on the sergeant I need to do the pouches, arms with weapons, pauldrons, head, backpack and I'm still considering a back banner or simple icon pack topper. I also need to repaint the company markings on two of my 5th Company Marines back to 4th Company to round out the squad.

Gallery seems to be working for uploads now ;)

Gallery seems to be working for uploads now ;)

Yup yup! Will be loading as soon as possible tomorrow! Time got away from me painting tonight and I think some of my images have gone rogue and I have a couple of galleries I'll either need to collapse and redo, forget completely or make again.

LOL @ Shadow Guard

++JANUARY VOW COMPLETE++

"I, khalaek, vow to repaint a squad of Scouts in the colors of the First Legion in the month of January. This squad totals 90 points in the soon-to-be-old edition, and includes 4 bolters and a heavy bolter which will be interchangeable with a missile launcher torso*."

*totally not sure where I pulled that one from.  If I have a missile launcher for my scout squad I can't find it.

Here is the FINISHED squad though.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/DSCN1110_zpsa515076c.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/DSCN1108_zpsf830b5d5.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/DSCN1113_zps62c0e5dc.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/DSCN1117_zps0ffac15c.jpg

These models were repainted, and I didn't think it would be a huge deal to not try to strip them first.  I may have been wrong there, as the new paint looks way chunkier than it should.  Luckily I don't have long term plans to keep this squad on the roster, so they'll get switched out (probably for a sniper scout squad) in the distant future.

See you in February!

I submitted models (well, a 'phoon) this month as well, but the model was NOT done in the successor colors, but in Ravenwing livery.

Then you are entitled to the two additional white pearls for the BHoA entry... :)

++JANUARY VOW COMPLETE++

"I, khalaek, vow to repaint a squad of Scouts in the colors of the First Legion in the month of January. This squad totals 90 points in the soon-to-be-old edition, and includes 4 bolters and a heavy bolter which will be interchangeable with a missile launcher torso*."

*totally not sure where I pulled that one from.  If I have a missile launcher for my scout squad I can't find it.

Here is the FINISHED squad though.

These models were repainted, and I didn't think it would be a huge deal to not try to strip them first.  I may have been wrong there, as the new paint looks way chunkier than it should.  Luckily I don't have long term plans to keep this squad on the roster, so they'll get switched out (probably for a sniper scout squad) in the distant future.

See you in February!

Nice work but I do agree on the chunkiness of the paint. One more completion for the Unforgiven! :)

SG

I have completed my January vow, but I'd rather have my photos here than willy-nilly everywhere on the Net, so I will wait patiently to amaze and astound Stobz with my new power fist and Elmo with my shiny wax on the purity seals until I can upload them here. biggrin.png

In the meantime, I have started working on my LPC vow, so I will additionally vow for the month of January two tactical marines with bolters and one veteran sergeant with power maul and bolter pistol. I still need to finish the heads on the Tac marines, all the line highlighting, sealing, and on the sergeant I need to do the pouches, arms with weapons, pauldrons, head, backpack and I'm still considering a back banner or simple icon pack topper. I also need to repaint the company markings on two of my 5th Company Marines back to 4th Company to round out the squad.

Waiting with "amazed and astounded" mode on standby.....

Now get those pictures posted :)

OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY45030250 00(0%)18 (36%)

SG

It looks like my January vow was looked over. lqtm

I am vowing a Legion Predator Strike Armor Squadron consisting of one
Predator tank, total 75 points, no options, from the HH Book 1 Betrayal,
for my January vow for the PtR.

I am almost finished with the turret mount & Predator Cannon.

Here is the current work in progress shot.

66449_4924553243700_1460900345_n.jpg

When done getting it all together I will be painting it up. Will add this pic here on my WiP thread that is in my sig.

Nice entry...Remember you will receive an additional White pearl for doing a unit in legion colours. :)

Looking at the table below our veterans have indeed maintained their faith in the lion and tread the path with fervor. In January, despite the release of the codex and new models, the real setback is seen in the appearance of newcomers to our ranks... still let us try and achieve a much better completion rate both here and at the LPC 2013!

OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY46030251 00(0%)18 (35.3%)

SG

coming at this a bit late but with the extension to feb i may be able to get back on track

January oath

i, lhg033, vow to replace/rebuild/repaint the sergent in my RW squad to use the RW upgrade sprues i have been hording for such an endevor for years!

havent picked up the new dex yet for pts (soon will hopefully)

i still need to redeem myself for my failure in December - i will see how things pan out with the RW sergent first before i try this!

Finally my reinforcements have arrived! Will have WIP shots today or tomorrow

Praise the lion

Praise the Lion indeed... timely additions for the Path to Redemption. Don't forget to place your same oaths for the LP 2013, tomorrow is the final date for that competition.

Hello SG

I forgot to take a before picture sad.png And I am almost done.

Will a photo of what I have done so far and a finished one be sufficient?

Yup, that's fine.

coming at this a bit late but with the extension to feb i may be able to get back on track

January oath

i, lhg033, vow to replace/rebuild/repaint the sergent in my RW squad to use the RW upgrade sprues i have been hording for such an endevor for years!

havent picked up the new dex yet for pts (soon will hopefully)

i still need to redeem myself for my failure in December - i will see how things pan out with the RW sergent first before i try this!

Nice to see more veterans returning to the path and joining the LPC 2013!

January vow is completed more at my original post #95 http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/260034-path-to-redemption/page-4?do=findComment&comment=3168545

Now we look to February! and the LPC! It'll be my first!

Excellent work farfromsam and great to see you too make an oath for the LPC 2013!

SG

I fell from the path and hope it is not too late to redeem myself for January. I Darkangeldentist vow to paint for January one dark angel dreadnought (in dark angel livery) with assault cannon and dreadnought close combat weapon.

I will await tasks as penence for my waywardness during December in due time.

2nd January vow complete.

5 Man Devastator Squad

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2013-01-28230156.jpg

1 DV Chaplain

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2013-01-31032733.jpg

With this I have also completed my LPC Vow (Go ME!!!!)

Second vow finished.

Third vow, a squadron of three strike cruisers for 435 points.

Very quietly done. Looks good. I had completly missed the fact that you had made a second oath. Well done... looks like your BFG fleet is coming along fast.

I fell from the path and hope it is not too late to redeem myself for January. I Darkangeldentist vow to paint for January one dark angel dreadnought (in dark angel livery) with assault cannon and dreadnought close combat weapon.

I will await tasks as penence for my waywardness during December in due time.

Great to have yet another veteran stumble back on the path!! smile.png

5 Man Devastator Squad

1 DV Chaplain

Bloody good stuff as usual.... I just can't get over how good your painting and colour combinations are!

OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY48030251 00(0%)20 (37.3%)

SG

5 Man Devastator Squad

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2013-01-28230156.jpg

1 DV Chaplain

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2013-01-31032733.jpg

Amazing work!

Archived