PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

Finished properly now TSG, Thanks heaps for the project thumbsup.gif

Here he is as well

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8375/8599032653_2e673d54be_z.jpg

Can't accept that as completed Stobz!!! The lascannon barrels haven't been weathered adequately!!! ......devil.gif

SG

Please let me know if I have missed any oaths made, vows completed including Brotherhood of Angels Entries. I do not wish to disappoint anyone in case there are mistakes. The Path to Redemption will close at midnight on the 31st of March with no further extensions.

I have managed to make my oath personal issue aside...

So I will re-add here.

1 TLC Version of my Belial. 

Command Squad to go with MY Standard Bearer.

Please let me know if I have missed any oaths made, vows completed including Brotherhood of Angels Entries. I do not wish to disappoint anyone in case there are mistakes. The Path to Redemption will close at midnight on the 31st of March with no further extensions.

I am overseas at present and hence final analysis and awards will only be made in the second week of April.

For the Lion & the Legion!

My December Vow says Special Task: TBA. Should be completed as my Deathwing Standard Bearer was my Special Task. Also my February Vow I guess isn't marked as complete? The text is still white but not green. I don't know if that matters much because every time you post the Black Pearls list I'm always up there with the correct number of white pearls smile.png

Windfang: excellent weathering on those bikes, I love the base work and how dirty they are.  Then it gets contrasted against the clean blue optics very well done.

stobz:  Your work always inspires me.  Time to try my hand at proper weathering I think.  Could you link me the guide you use or throw me some pointers?  That guy looks too good not to try and imitate. 

lucian:  Throw back armor, what's not to love about it?  The squad really looks like a unit excellent job

2013 has been a busy year for me, but thankfully with the guidance of The Lion, I walked the Path to Redemption without fail. My Final vow is now complete.  Behold:

for March I vowed 1 Deathwing Squad:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/P1210685_zps878806e3.jpg

completed in the Angels of Vengeance colours:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/P1210692_zps70bb99e5.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/P1210694_zps7891fbb1.jpg

While not 100% shaded, highlighted etc, I am finished with this squad for now! The other 5 members will be joining them with paint soon!

Thanks to all who participated and encouraged one another along the Path! an awesome event!

+ + + SUMMARY OF THE PATH TO REDEMPTION + + +

Path to Redemption Current Status
OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 13(19.7%)53 (80.3%) JANUARY52050461 09(14.8%)52 (85.2%) FEBRUARY49000049 00(00%)33 (67.2%)

Overall Participants = 126 Eligible for the Black Pearl = 41 (32.5%)

Path to Redemption Overall Status
Eligible for Black PearlsFive White PearlsFour White PearlsThree White PearlsTwo White PearlsOne White PearlsThe Unredeemed No Pearls410606080817 40

The real battle now is to see what percentage of participants will gain the much coveted Black pearls!

+ + + THE LION'S CHAMPIONS + + +
Walkers of the Path to Redemption
Wearer's of the Black Pearl

PATH TO REDEMPTION SUMMARY (PDF)

Aradiel (6)

AngelVeto (6)

Arkley (8)

Avon Rekaes (6)
Artemid (6)

Brother Captain Lucien (8)

Brother Sergeant Bohemond (7)

Brother Tancred (6)

Bryan Blaire (7)

Captain Semper (7)

Cerroneth (11)

cielaq (6)

Cypher102 (8)

cypherthefallenangel (6)

Dark Master (7)

djgoldsmith (6)

Elmo9141 (6)

elphilo (7)

facmanpob (6)

farfromsam (6)

Grand Master Belial (9)

Grotsmasha (6)

Haranin (10)

Hidicul (6)

Izzuan (9)

March 10K (7)
Master Gabriel Macleod (7)

Midnight Angel (6)

Mithrilforge (6)

NCSUWolf (7)

OliverRaffle (7)

Raven of the Wing (7)

Razblood (6)

recon0321 (7)

Sarducci (6)

Skink (7)

SnaRf.za (6)

Stobz (6)

Sviar (6)

Windfang (6)

Wraithwing (6)

+ + + PATH TO REDEMPTION FINAL CLOSING DATE: 31 MARCH 2013 + + +

For the first time in the event the total number eligible for a BLACK PEARL has overtaken the number who have achieved NO PEARLS (41 vs 40)

Will the number of Black Pearls overtake the number of brothers with no Black Pearls? (41 vs 87)

Let us get as many brothers as possible to the end of the Journey!

Only TWO DAYS LEFT!!

Although I have earned my Black Pearl, I'm still a little disappointed I won't be finishing my "Feb" vow, too much RL stuff going on. I can probably finish the Company Champion, but there's waaaaay too much to do on the Praetor.

Cheers,
Jono

CHAPTER FLEET ASSETS: (Battle Fleet Gothic):

This is an incentive to those admirals who wish to participate in this event. You may make an oath of any BFG legal Dark Angel fleet assets as a normal oath.
Award: If you complete a sum total of 1000 points worth of Fleet Assets (BFG) during the duration of the event, then you will be eligible for an additional White Pearl.
Note: You may earn one additional white pearl for every 100 points of painted BFG fleet assests.

Example: If you pledge a Battlebarge for December and a Battlebarge and Strike Cruiser for January, you will received one white pearl each for the months of December and January and a third white pearl for reaching 1000 points.

Should have my twelfth pearl for painting my second thousand of BFG,

Well it has been a struggle this month but I am complete.

My Path to Redemption is at an end

THANK YOU SHADOW GUARD!!!!

Feb vow complete I think that brings me up to 9 Pearls :) I am pretty proud of this :)

Master of the 1st - The Gallowglass - Grand Knight of Connacht - Knight Commander Tadghan (TLC VERSION)

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/b6d969d1-51f4-40da-97f7-52a6be082366_zps5600a5e3.jpg

Brother Dalach & First Knight Eoin

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2013-03-27002453_zpsdec38b04.jpg

Apothecary Finnan & Champion Keelan 

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2013-03-27002530_zpsa24014d0.jpg

Windfang: excellent weathering on those bikes, I love the base work and how dirty they are.  Then it gets contrasted against the clean blue optics very well done.

stobz:  Your work always inspires me.  Time to try my hand at proper weathering I think.  Could you link me the guide you use or throw me some pointers?  That guy looks too good not to try and imitate. 

lucian:  Throw back armor, what's not to love about it?  The squad really looks like a unit excellent job

Hey Brother, thanks for the props :tu:

I can't do links from my tablet for some reason, post 600 in my DAngles thread should help, the process is relatively straightforward if a little time consuming.

stobz

Although I have earned my Black Pearl, I'm still a little disappointed I won't be finishing my "Feb" vow, too much RL stuff going on. I can probably finish the Company Champion, but there's waaaaay too much to do on the Praetor.

Cheers,

Jono

That's a pity Grotsmasha... six pearls earns eveyone the Black Pearl.... but those who completed an oah for each of the six months right from the start will also be identified separately.... wish you could complete your Feb oath.... if not...there will be others...

CHAPTER FLEET ASSETS: (Battle Fleet Gothic):

This is an incentive to those admirals who wish to participate in this event. You may make an oath of any BFG legal Dark Angel fleet assets as a normal oath.

Award: If you complete a sum total of 1000 points worth of Fleet Assets (BFG) during the duration of the event, then you will be eligible for an additional White Pearl.

Note: You may earn one additional white pearl for every 100 points of painted BFG fleet assests.

Example: If you pledge a Battlebarge for December and a Battlebarge and Strike Cruiser for January, you will received one white pearl each for the months of December and January and a third white pearl for reaching 1000 points.

Should have my twelfth pearl for painting my second thousand of BFG,

Yup! looks like you sure do have the right to the Twelfth pearl..... with the breakdown caused by the board upgrade I have lost track of a few things... I have been updating the rules on Post one of this thread which I hve been following...and that states that there is a max of one pearl regardless ...but obviously somewhere else I have mentioned the above rules..so we stick by it. Status updated! :)

Well it has been a struggle this month but I am complete.

THANK YOU SHADOW GUARD!!!!

Feb vow complete I think that brings me up to 9 Pearls smile.png I am pretty proud of this smile.png

Master of the 1st - The Gallowglass - Grand Knight of Connacht - Knight Commander Tadghan (TLC VERSION)

Brother Dalach & First Knight Eoin

Apothecary Finnan & Champion Keelan

Nice work as usual.... well on the way to Chamber 42....er.....I mean the end of the Journey on the Path to Redemption... :)

Windfang: excellent weathering on those bikes, I love the base work and how dirty they are. Then it gets contrasted against the clean blue optics very well done.

stobz: Your work always inspires me. Time to try my hand at proper weathering I think. Could you link me the guide you use or throw me some pointers? That guy looks too good not to try and imitate.

lucian: Throw back armor, what's not to love about it? The squad really looks like a unit excellent job

Hey Brother, thanks for the props thumbsup.gif

I can't do links from my tablet for some reason, post 600 in my DAngles thread should help, the process is relatively straightforward if a little time consuming.

stobz

Utterly inspirational indeed.... the best part about running this is seeing these magnificent paint and model jobs..... you still have the weathering of the lascannons!!!devil.gif

And with the completion of my February vow here, i hold that all my oaths are fulfilled and submit myself for a black pearl in the Path to Redemption.

Al

Nice work...great way to finish!

What time tomorrow does this close? I'm going to be right down to the wire and I'm gauging how much I need to get done tonight (if not everything).

The Path ends at midnight tonight 31 MArch 2013 GMT...so you have just under 22 hours to go!!!!blink.png blink.png

If I can get my SD card to work with my pc then I'll be putting up a group shot of everything I've done for the PtR.

I'm extremely grateful to have had the motivation to do this, so thanks again SG for running a great event :)

Final vow for a Black Pearl completed here!

More images for the PtR and LPC

This has been great fun and everyone here has turned out a wonderful chunk of the Unforgiven Legion!  My thanks to Shadow Guard and all the rest of my fellow 1st Legion brothers for all the motivation this has given me.  You guys are awesome!

My vow to complete a Ravenwing Nephilim Jetfighter is COMPLETE!  I have to say I've never been so motivated to complete an army project as I was during this campaign. 12 years and I've never accomplished so much in so little time.  6 months, 6 vows complete, and a 1,000 point army to show for it!  Thanks for the push!

And for the record, I have completed every vow from September til now. Shadow Guard, I think you might have missed my November vow (3 Ravenwing Bikers), and my December vow (5 Tactical Marines with missile launcher, flamer and sergeant).  The finished pics are buried in this topic, but they're there.

Pics of Fury are below.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/PhotoMar3082740PM_zps10a4fd04.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/PhotoMar3082818PM_zpscbbebc2d.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/cameracrew1/PhotoMar3082912PM_zps49f71882.jpg

FOR THE EMPEROR!

Only in death does duty end, brother!  And we remain unredeemed until the last fallen brother repents!  Think on these hard truths as you do more pennance on the battlefield. 

Just for clarification I've updated my own WIP post to list all of my Vows (7 and a special task for my make-up vow).

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/263091-ncsuwolfs-dark-angels-first-looks/?p=3339385

Also, to echo more of the above praise, thank you for organizing this The Shadow Guard, this has been an enlightening and encouraging to complete my warriors for battle.

... you still have the weathering of the lascannons!!!:evil:

I see now; you meant it ;)

I had no intention of doing more on them, but now that I see the problem I can fix it :P

I will post pics up in a few days, there are ales to drink this weekend (right now in fact).

Churzle

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

List of February Oaths and their Status - Stuffed up by the board sofware

I wanted to share with everyone my biggest frustrations with this event...which started since the board upgrade and continues unabated. The sudden and completely unpredictable conversion of BB Codes to html when updating long posts.

Initially I thought it was because I was having links from each oath to their original post, so stopped doing that. As you all would have noticed that the Janary and February oaths lists have not contained any links. It made it a lot harder to check and verify but nevertheless remained stable.

Khalaek: This is the reason your oaths in November and December have not been marked as complete in their respective lists as I am too afraid to modify the post in case the whole thing reverts again.

The February list of oaths have crashe din to html code for the sixth time and I just don't have it in me to redo them again before midnight...so apologies chaps if you find it difficult to check your own status...but you should know that anyway.

In the meantime.................. time we don't have...................

+ + + 20 HOURS to the End o the Journey + + +

+ + + May the Lion Bless You + + +

Archived