Apostles of Quetza

rednekkboss

Added some details on the Terminators, here's best shots. Sergeant needed some lightning claws too. :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ECLUR35hiNk/UH9OmacIwXI/AAAAAAAAAsg/COW_F9YYkFU/s1600/TerminatorsWip02.jpg

Some gribbly chaos stuff at my blog, if you are interested.

Just loving your work on these!

Those old lightning claws have always worked far better in my opinion than the newer "brass knuckle of doom" design.

Also, the long cylindrical ropey looking things, may I presume snakes or am I way off?

Just loving your work on these!

Those old lightning claws have always worked far better in my opinion than the newer "brass knuckle of doom" design.

Also, the long cylindrical ropey looking things, may I presume snakes or am I way off?

Are jaguar tails way off from snakes? :D Its hard to see in the pictures, but they do have texture.

Oh cuss! My bad brother I thought they were rather headless for snakes :lol: !!!

Now knowing what they are, it all makes a great deal of sense and yes, painted up with the texture they should look awesome!

Carry on, :D

No worries, mate. that fine grey putty doesn't show off the details as well as the greenstuff in photos. But the "deathwing" are the Jaguar Warriors in this Chapter, so there will be alot of Jaguar pattern, fur,teeth,skulls, etc. BTW, I'm working on part 2 of that battle report in my Templars of DOOooom thread, should be up on MY BLOG later this week.

This is very inspired work, by chance have you read Deathwing by Bryan Ansell and William King it is part of the 1990 book of short stories? Your cloak of feathers is ace, after putting some wings together for a client I can apreciate the time taken on that. Keep up the good work.

Awesome, looking forward to spitting my tea out in the office due to LOLs again then!

It should be up tomorrow, mate. I want to make sure you are at the office when you read it. Almost won this time too.... new codex is a big help.... well, that and actually rolling higher than 3.

@sioka: I think I have read those stories, many,many moons ago. Always liked the Dark Angels, but being a Space Wolf player for 15 years or so, that was something I seldom admitted in public. When I was in college and shortly after, I did a lot of research into the Meso-American cultures, largely due to one of my instructors who was Columbian and because of searching my own native ancestry, which turned out to be a long difficult road. I'm hoping to make this force a very background driven force, which is Dark Angels in origin, but very,very much its own thing.

Thanks for the comments. Really, all the comments from the B&C gang keep me going on these things (since I have about 6 projects going right now, most for other people).. and keep me wanting to push my hobby abilities. Another update by mid-week (my weekend)... and ther will actually be paint involved! :)

A quick update on the Librarian. I finally settled on his force weapon. Somewhere along the way there was something in the Dark Angels fluff about swords made from obsidian. Since he's the only Librarian I'm likely to do for this army (unless I get squirrely and do one in Terminator armor)... I decided to break with my "no stone weapons" rule and I "whittled me up one" from some stock styrene. :lol:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6LaIjg3umJw/UIi7pBY87cI/AAAAAAAAAvw/rK7XLnY_S9k/s1600/LibrarianWIP02.jpg

I did a quick fix up the Chaplain's Shoulder plate and plan on getting the terminators primed up tomorrow, so paint will hit the models over the 5 day weekend I have coming up.

Cheers Ya'll

• 1 month later...
dont remember how i came across this one but none the less the close combat weapons are amazing...

the libbys force weapon makes me thnk he made it by hand and with a forge....

Thanks, I have some base colors on him now. I hope to get some more paint on them, probably after the holidays, since I work retail and this month is just a little busy, to say the least. Also have the basic Dark vengeance Tactical Squad for these guys as well. Still nailing down the chapter symbol. The basic plan is to work on the Dark Vengeance guys until the new Dark Angels Codex comes out and then go from there.

I was just mulling this idea around in my head the other day, thinking of bitz to use (mostly Lizardmen) and the like.

You have thoroughly and utterly trumped any half baked idea I managed to come up with. Hats off to you, sir!

Archived