Moridius's Dark Angels

Brother Moridius

Figured I would finally start a thread for my Dark Angels, it will mostly be my Path to Redemption vows but I will try to throw in as much other DA stuff that I am working on as possible.

Here is my vow for September copied directly of the Path to Redemption thread:

I, Brother Moridius vow to finally get off my a$% and start contributing to this forum, for September I vow to complete 1 Venerable Dreadnaught wielding a plasma cannon and heavy flamer worth 150 pt.

gallery_57102_7676_132584.jpggallery_57102_7676_119711.jpg

As he stands now, he is magnetized which is why the pics have different weapon configurations.

September vow complete! Presenting Venerable Brother Kadillus. Can't believe how long he took me...
gallery_57102_7676_109109.jpg[/url] gallery_57102_7676_45448.jpg[/url]

CnC always welcome and appreciated.

For October I might stick with a small vow due to me and my better half buying a house plus a wedding to go to and all that real life stuff but we will see.

Moridius

Thanks for the nice comments guys! My only worry with painting the Deathwing black is that once I give the sergeants robes they might look like BT from far away. Hopefully the red and gold will be enough to differentiate them (that and all the wings and feathers haha)

Moridius

Time to get on to my October vow!

Here it is:

I, Brother Moridius vow to complete 1 Ravenwing attack bike with a multimelta as my October Vow.

Here is how it looks now:

gallery_57102_7676_2678940.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic, all I have is my phone. Main colours are down but still needs a lot of finish work/highlighting/clean up and I have to get a base for it.

I know its a pretty tiny vow but I am really unsure of how much/little time I will have this month to paint due to real life being pretty crazy. Hopefully I can get him out of the way and do another small vow (like an HQ or something)

Cheers,

Moridius

Brother Moridius:

The dread tuned out fantastic. Don't sweat a small vow, it's harvest season! Who can get any significant painting done this time of year? I'm looking forward to seeing your attack bike completed.

FC

October Vow complete! Here is the finished attack bike with multimelta worth 50 points.

gallery_57102_7676_187546.jpggallery_57102_7676_144845.jpg

The only thing it still needs is squad numbering and I am holding back on that until the new codex comes to make sure I dont have to do it twice. C/C always welcome.

I am going to take a look and see if I can pull together a 5 man tactical squad of half finished marines and do a second vow for the month, no promises though.

Moridius

Thanks Isiah, the green boys are part of my 3rd Company. I have the entire company built but shamefully not even half painted... I decided to be brave and do another vow for the month of October!

I, Moridius vow to complete 1 Ravenwing Attack Squadron consisting of a Veteran Seargeant with a power sword and two bikers for a total of 135 pts.

Starting photo:

gallery_57102_7676_284486.jpg

1 biker is done and I threw some basic colours on the other 2 last night.

M

• 1 month later...

Finally posting the completed bikes in this thread, quickly threw them up in the Path to Redemption main thread but then never had the time to put them up here. I think they actually turned out pretty well (for my skill level anyways). I also tried to take some better pictures but I'm still only using my phone so could only make them so good...

Here is the Raventwing Attack Squadron from my October Vow:

gallery_57102_7676_46941.jpggallery_57102_7676_8061.jpg

I am holding off doing squad markings only because I am afraid that in the new codex the 2nd company will get reorganized in some shape or form and I'd have to redo them!

And finally sorry for such a late vow, just moved to a house and only got internet today.

I, Brother Moridius, vow to paint a Dark Angels 5 Man tactical squad with a flamer worth 95 points. Current status:

gallery_57102_7676_45059.jpg

I have to paint the Vet Sergeants robes bone, finish his banner and give a couple of them Chapter Icons on their pauldrons.

Cheers,

M

Don't know how I missed this - great work.

The black Dread was a great choice - looks really good

The RW came out good too - lovin the blue inner robe and the blue headlights

and a nice dark green tac squad http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/113.gif

Thanks for all the kind words brothers!

Captain Semper/Elmo9141 - glad you like the blue inner robes, I toyed around with different colours and decided that I'd do a different colour for each of the first three companies - green for Deathwing, blue for Ravenwing, and red for 3rd Co. Hopefully that will break up the sea of green and black that my DA are slowly becoming.

facmanpob - the dreads arms are not glued so I'll make sure to field him rocking the pose that you like! (i was actually playing with him like a 5 year old yesterday moving his arms about...)

Hopefully my boys in green live up to the incredible standard everybody has been setting in this forum.

Moridius

facmanpob - the dreads arms are not glued so I'll make sure to field him rocking the pose that you like! (i was actually playing with him like a 5 year old yesterday moving his arms about...)

Moridius

Genius! That made me laugh out loud! :lol:

By the way I really like the idea of differentiating between companies by using the robes - very cool idea!

Brothers I need your help!

I am working on my November vow and adding tactical symbols to shoulders pads and came across a dilemma. What do I do for the marine on the right?

gallery_57102_7676_36223.jpg

I really want to somehow identify him as part of the same squad but dont know where to put the squad number and tactical symbol. Help!

M

Ah, the tricky studded shoulder pad! I have quite a few minis that I just knocked together as an exuberant kid, and now that I'm painting them ~12 years later am quite irritated at myself at their composition!

I quite often put symbols on backpacks; either painting onto the flat area present on some or putting the company symbol onto the embossed feature. Sometime weapon casings can host a symbol. Right greave could fit something. The 'codex' Tactical arrow on both backpack vents? There's sometimes space in the bottom corner of those pads for a token symbol...

+ Can't believe I forgot to compliment the painting demonstrated as well; mine is only fast because it's rough, but your highlights are nice and tight. Good job! +

Do nothing. Leave it as is. Simple - no? :D

This is deviation within acceptable standards. The specific marine has archaic armour that is not designed to accomodate Codex-style markings (if you need justification, that is). ;)

And they DO look awesome btw!!!

Thanks for the compliments and input guys. Captain - I am every so tempted to do nothing (with a proper justification for it and everything!) but I am really trying to not be lazy with these guys anymore. I think Skinky (can I call you that? makes you sound all cute and scaly) has a good idea with the smaller symbols and Im going to put it on the right knee pad. *Looks at all the Corvus legs on other marines* Doh! Well one marine at at a time I guess...

M

Archived