To throne of skulls (I) march! (update: painted lord)

nurglez

Due to wanting to make the deathshroud terminator lightning claw chainfist, I've decided to redo lord butt scratcher. I ordered a second nurgle terminator chest, decided to go for a more ready pose.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/utf-8BSU1BRzA4NDUuanBn_zps64a6898d.jpg

I also have a wonderful Idea for a tri plasma forgefiend, but really need to get my stuff painted, as I have about 3 weeks left!

Havocs shouldn't take too long, as I'm painting them iron warriors colours (where else would my lord go for heavy support?)

20 Cultists, well I'll probably have to rush them to get them ready, plus my vehicles. Tabletop quality is the phrase of the day here, If I finish on time I can go back and do more detail, if I finish on time.

I also have a wonderful Idea for a tri plasma forgefiend, but really need to get my stuff painted, as I have about 3 weeks left!

Havocs shouldn't take too long, as I'm painting them iron warriors colours (where else would my lord go for heavy support?)

20 Cultists, well I'll probably have to rush them to get them ready, plus my vehicles. Tabletop quality is the phrase of the day here, If I finish on time I can go back and do more detail, if I finish on time.

Rememeber it not a event unless your painting that the last few moment.  Rememeber last year when your friend was painting for the best part of Friday in Warhammer World :D

The army looking really cool & be nice to see them down that the Throne of Skulls event.

IP

So the lord and plagues are finished, for now.

Could do with a bit more detailing, but are my minimum tabletop standard. I plan to paint the havocs and cultists over the next 2 weeks, leaving me the rest of the time for the vehicles.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/utf-8BSU1BRzA4NDYuanBn_zpsc552d0d7.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your army too Mr Insane, especially as I stole your autocannons for my havocs :D

• 2 months later...

Right, long time no post here.

I managed to get my army painted on the friday before Throne of Skulls, the cultists and rhino were pretty poor, while the others were just about tabletop, but still my first painted army (they could do with a good few hours work to be what I consider tabletop but oh well).

I've recently entered E Tenebrae Lux II but I shall be painting my iron warriors there, considering my havocs, forgefiend and heldrake are painted like IW I thought it would be a good place to start.

I also have a game in around 11 hours vs BrotherCaptainArkhan, 1750 points which will be my 1500 list with 2 blight drones added, as A friend bought me these at Throne of Skulls. This is the first time we have played or actually met each other, so it should be interesting, and expect a battle report to make up for my lack of reports for Throne of Skulls (real life has a habit of getting in the way).

Archived