Vindicator firing line?

khurdur

2 Vindicators, a Stormraven, 2 Baals with Assault Cannon and Hvy Bolters. 3 Razorbacks with Assault Cannon. And Mephiston.

:) your flyers.

This list intrigues me very much. I kind of like it. That's what, about 1500 points with three scoring units in the Razorbacks? Mephiston rolling around on the battlefield in his caddy, the Stormraven? Yeah!

I am thinking of running the following Vindy heavy list soon.

Astorath

Sanguinary priest

*jp, mb

Furioso dred

*frag/ HF

(2) Death Company w/ bolters

*razorback tl lascan

RAS X10

Scout x5 w/ sniper rifles

(2) baal pred

* ac/hb, sb

Stormraven

*ac/mm hurricane bolter

(2) vindicators

*ss, sb

8 vehicles for target saturation. 4 av13. Let them pick their method of death. I plan on using 1 vindy, baal and razorback in 2 groups backed up by combat squad ras. This gives me 2 robust groups to work together with the raven brining in the dread where it most needed. Scouts camp home obj.

Another good list, except for the scouts. I can see why they are being used, but I'd rather give them some cover and take a Aegis Defense Line with maybe a Comms Relay to help get the SR in on turn 2.

The heart of the list seems to be two Vindicators and one Storm Raven. Could you maybe take an Aegis Defense Line with a Quad Autocannon and a min sized Tactical Squad to man it, camped on the home objective providing anti-aircraft and a 4+ Cover Save for the Tactical Squad to replace the Stormraven? That would open up another slot for the third Vindi and still give you AA.

It might be time to re-evaluate the effectiveness of the three Vindi list again, as the BA have a fast tank. The only concern has been it's a 24" ranged tank. Yes, that AV 13 on the front is great, but when big critters do vector strikes on side armor, when all infantry in close combat hit the rear armor... I still have my doubts.

2 Vindicators, a Stormraven, 2 Baals with Assault Cannon and Hvy Bolters. 3 Razorbacks with Assault Cannon. And Mephiston.

:lol: your flyers.

This list intrigues me very much. I kind of like it. That's what, about 1500 points with three scoring units in the Razorbacks? Mephiston rolling around on the battlefield in his caddy, the Stormraven? Yeah!

Think it is 1490something So yeh! I was going to take it to ToS inspired in part by Morticon's list but decided to do something different and run Drop Pods with SW

As a guard player, I took three Demolishers on a regular basis.

I had two basic strategies.

Fortress.

One deployed centrally, the other two, twelve inches to either side.

Its remarkably difficult to get flank shots on a tank in that circumstance.

Its not impossible, but its trickier than you may think.

Fist

All Three deployed on a flank.

Much easier to get a flank hit on one tank, but no chance on the other two.

As I suggested earlier (quite seriously) I think blood angels would benefit from running two on a flank, and protecting their side armour with a sacrifical transport.

Morticon, I haven't used my Vindicators lately, but there can be issues with them getting flanked. But no worse in my experience than Baals or other tanks.

But currently, I prefer Baals to Vindicators.

Morticon, I haven't used my Vindicators lately, but there can be issues with them getting flanked. But no worse in my experience than Baals or other tanks.

But currently, I prefer Baals to Vindicators.

As I use more than one I can use one to shield the other from most outflanking fire and still be able to split there fire. Offering each other a cover save on the vulnerable sides while showing the front face to heavy weapons (it's not perfect, but does work). If I need them to be at other parts of the board assault troops can often offer up a good screen.... Other times you just have roll the dice and take a chance.

Running two with a raider to provide side armour.

Gotta take doggies to the vets on game night, so will let you all now how it turns out a week wednesday ish :(

Omg I read this and thought you were talking about space wolves. I was seriously confused for about 30 seconds :)

Archived