Which Cypher statline is best?

Brother Clavero

I would like to add Cypher to my (very) small army of fallen angels. The problem that I have is which codex has a HQ or Elite statline that would fit him best? This decision will probably direct which codex that I use for the entire army, or maybe they're allies of another army? Oh my the choices!!!!

I would like to add Cypher to my (very) small army of fallen angels. The problem that I have is which codex has a HQ or Elite statline that would fit him best? This decision will probably direct which codex that I use for the entire army, or maybe they're allies of another army? Oh my the choices!!!!

Regrettably (or not perhaps) the chaos codex would do nice, since it allows a lord to take dual pistols. Also since the guy more or less always survives mark him with tzeentch to have an inv save.

BTW you might want to enter this dark dump cell. Dont worry the guy with the mask and the pointy tools wont hurt you. Much....

Chaos Lord, two plasma pistols, Mark of Tzeench, sigil of corruption/dark aura of dark glory . I mean, if you're gonna give him two pistols, do it right :o

Or maybe mark of slaanesh and either sigil or aura.

If you take sigil instead of the aura, a combat familiar might be good to take as well.

+1 to the Chaos Lord.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for 6E rules for him though. While I doubt he'll be in the new DA Codex, GW would be silly not to release new rules (and possibly a new model) for him not too long after.

Chaos Lord, two plasma pistols, Mark of Tzeench, sigil of corruption/dark aura of dark glory . I mean, if you're gonna give him two pistols, do it right :o

Or only give him a single plasma pistol and make his second pistol a bolt pistol since the OP is talking about representing Cypher, you know the guy who carries a single plasma pistol and a single bolt pistol...

Would Veterans of the Long War be in character?

Well since he is from the Crusade era as the chaos marines who have it, I guess yeah.

You might want to go over the top and give him a deamon weapon, though he doesnt use the sword. Anyway your call.

So a chaos lord with Bolt pistol, plasma pistol, demon weapon, Mark of tzeentch sigil of corruption and veterans of the old war...

Anybody with a codex did the math on the cost? I am curious.

I still say humbug! He should have two plasma pistols, I heard him saying something about mechanical lions, so he wanted an upgrade. :P

Mark of slaanesh would be an alternative as well, because if I remember correctly, he had Initiative 6.

With sigil, one or two plasma pistols, and either mark of tzeench of slaanesh, and veteran of long war, he is... we are not allowed to give specific point values, i think.

So I will just say he would be between 120 and 150 points, mainly depending on whether you want to give him 2 plasma pistols or not, the two marks are the same points.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for 6E rules for him though. While I doubt he'll be in the new DA Codex, GW would be silly not to release new rules (and possibly a new model) for him not too long after.

Cant say I see that coming.

EDIT:

So I will just say he would be between 120 and 150 points, mainly depending on whether you want to give him 2 plasma pistols or not, the two marks are the same points.

I think you can post totals since you are refering to the overall cost, but thats ok. Too cheap for what it brings.

Would Veterans of the Long War be in character?

Well since he is from the Crusade era as the chaos marines who have it, I guess yeah.

You might want to go over the top and give him a deamon weapon, though he doesnt use the sword. Anyway your call.

So a chaos lord with Bolt pistol, plasma pistol, demon weapon, Mark of tzeentch sigil of corruption and veterans of the old war...

Anybody with a codex did the math on the cost? I am curious.

Well, since the deamon weapon replaces a weapon, chaos lord with bolt pistol and plasma pistol cannot have a deamon weapon also. Cost wise, Xyon is close enough on the points. Low end of his statement with a bolt pistol, high end with two plasma pistols would be in the right range.

Did he get some special rules on a spanish campaign handout a few months ago?

Also, Renegades&Heretics list from the Siege of Vraks?

Although that would be a rather underpowered Cypher, it would more accurately represent the forces that he might command.

Some cultist ruble along side space marines from the new book would also be accurate to describe a local militia aided/used by fallen too.

EDIT: After all the fallen do not command such an armory where you will see heavy tanks and whatnot on their ranks. The hellbrute rules can represent a fallen dready or even use the DV model as a hugely corrupted one.

The new chaos dex suits them fine IMHO.

Although that would be a rather underpowered Cypher, it would more accurately represent the forces that he might command.

He did indeed get some special rules, which can be found here.

They are kind of interesting, but the problem is they don't provide a points cost for him.

He did indeed get some special rules, which can be found here.

They are kind of interesting, but the problem is they don't provide a points cost for him.

Using some known IC's from both C:CSM & C:BA would place him North of 250, probably in the 300 point range.

Using some known IC's from both C:CSM & C:BA would place him North of 250, probably in the 300 point range.

I don't know about that, keep in mind all the ICs from C:CSM have invulnerable saves (except for fabius) similarly most of the BA ones do too. And Cypher's crazy BS is largely made irrelevant by his master crafted pistols (it would only factor in to firing emplaced weapons), and he lacks any of the really crazy rules that guys like Dante and The Sanguinor get.

I would expect him to be around 200, maybe a tiny bit over of that.

I was just thinking, chaos lord, 2 plasma pistols, slaanesh mark, sigil of corruption. unit of chosen with 4 plasma pistols on regular guys, leader has 2 plasma pistols, add things as you see fit, and a unit of noise marines to fill the troops as an allied attachment to some other army. 8 plasma pistol shots, blam!

Edit: but to be honest I'm wanting to see some more full squad dual pistol goodness going on.

Indeed, you could give a whole unit of wolf guard 2 plasma pistols each, but space wolfs are so icky, but would be an ok ally too I suppose. Wolf lord with 2 pistols, 10 wolf guard with 20 pistols, and a squad of grey wolfs. But space wolfs.... I wish we can do something like this in our new codex.

Archived