++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

With the new Codex my playable army has had a few changes. This means a few unpainted models being rotated into the ranks and by a few, I mean half the army. So I'm going to dedicate my drive to getting 1850 full points painted as to field a completely painted army for local games and tournaments. They will be dual purpose, to count as either Codex Marines or Siege Assault Vanguard Marines. I will endevour to finish off partially painted units first before I move onto undercoated models. To start this off, Ancient Arx and the Mantle of Belligerence will be getting the honour of being the first newly completed unit for the Marines Malevolent, 3rd Company Strike Force.

Here is his current state, mid way through a repaint.

med_gallery_41766_10176_89563.jpg

Also, I've just begun a painting log on Facebook for anyone who uses that and would like to see updates there as well.

Nomad Painting

Thank you for stopping by,

BT

Loving the shield symbol!

Thank you Aquila, hopefully you'll like him now he's finished!

You keep on churning out some awesome heavy metal! Your MM are going to look fantastic on the tabletop with all their rage and glory!

Thank you very much Hushrong! I'm really trying to go for a unique look with this army. I'm glad you like the plog so far, I've just finished the Ironclad. I hope you like him.

++UPDATE++

Bolt rounds screamed through the air, detonating among the enemy, yet still they did not stop. Many of the frenzied traitors fell to the mass reactive shells but many more rushed onward, howling to their god of blood and skulls. Sergeant Serenar sighted another target and squeezed off a full auto burst then released the empty magazine. He snatched another from his belt and was slotting it home into his steaming rifle when one of his men shouted a warning.

"DAEMON!"

Serenar snapped his head up and his jaw tightened, for there it was. A towering monster of rippling flesh and warped power armour, it crushed its own follows beneath its heels. The crimson beast spread its fetal wings behind its wide back, ragged holes ripped into the membranes. Its gauntlets ended in wicked black talons and its leering skull face was illuminated from within with witch fire. This prince of daemons came on and their fire power could do naught to stop it.

"Withdraw! Squads Vilo and Cadan lay down suppressing fire while Squads Bato and Markant withdraw. Serenar, follow me."

A punishing fusillade of bolter fire streamed towards the berserkers and their master. This was a fight they wouldn't win with grit alone. This fight called for more than just hate. It called for vengeance.

"Brother Arx. It is time. Deliver them unto Him for judgment."

Serenar turned back to see the glorious form of Ancient Arx interred into the Mantle of Belligerence smash forth from his place of concealment. The wreckage of many electromobiles were flung in every direction as the Dreadnought came on like a storm. The boxy missile launcher spat plumes of smoke as two warheads streaked off into the distance, seeking out prey while his massive combat arm opened up with its deadly armaments. A gout of flaming promethium doused the rushing berserkers, super heated radiation beams from the melta array turned the flaming enemy to pools of liquid.

The mighty machine finished its attack by slamming its crackling attack claw into the daemons face, rocking it backwards several paces. The stalwart Arx roared his challenge and squared his gigantic piston driven legs. The daemon leaped forward to grapple with the ancient astartes, both locked in a test of mechanical strength and warp infused muscle. Arx shouted in pain as a shower of sparks shot skyward, the daemons claws ripping into his front armour, seeking to tear his sarcophagus from its housing. Arx narrowed what was left of his right eye as he bashed against the side of his holding tank, the amniotic fluid preventing him from further damage to his shriveled form. If he still had teeth he would have clenched them as he began his counter attack. With a fury that not many within the Chapter could match, he went on the offensive. His crackling power claw shot upwards to slice into the daemons head, he clenched tight, servos straining to hold the beast steady whilst he brought his primary weapon to bare. The grinding claw he employed to crack open mighty fortresses slammed into the beasts face, the admantium and diamond tearing teeth making short work of the one time astartes skull. A splatter of gore steamed across Arx's battle plate and he let the dead daemon slam to the floor. With a bellow of defiance he stormed forward to bring devastation to the enemy beyond.

Serenar allowed himself to smile beneath his helm, he assigned himself ten minutes in the pain glove back at command and three recitals before their puritan but he felt the punishment acceptable to feel pride in such a fashion. He racked the slide of his bolter and ordered his men to follow Arx. Maybe this planet wasn't as damned as he'd first thought.

gallery_41766_10176_7150.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_68328.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_51428.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_65908.jpg

Here is my seismic hammer/chain fist conversion, I like to think it's bulky and intimidating enough to be run as either one.

gallery_41766_10176_3051.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_25774.jpg

Here is my first attempt at free handing the Marines Malevolent icon on a vehicle.

gallery_41766_10176_14379.jpg

Here is a close up of the Hunter Killer Missiles and the Sarcophagus. Here you can see how much effort I put into weathering that gets lost in the other pictures. Every part of the dreadnought is chipped, rusted or dirty.

gallery_41766_10176_7584.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed him, I had a blast rebuilding and repainting him. Now to finish off my foot slogging Assault Marines.

Cheers,

BT

• 3 months later...

A Great Piecethumbsup.gif . You need to do more fluffwhistlingW.gif ,

Thanks Sarge, the fluff comes and it goes!

Nice dread; liking the fluff also!

Thanks Pearson!

The melta/flamer arm is a great idea! Bravo! happy.png

Thank you very much Vel'Cona, I wanted to personalise it a bit.

Well, I've been on a pretty hefty hiatus due to some pretty crappy things. Health took a turn for the worst, on the knife edge of a diagnosis, Doctors think its Fibromyalgia and its impacted just about everything I do so painting takes about ten times longer than it did before, but, I am determined not to let it stop me progressing with the hobby.

I joined a "for props" competition in a local group and this was my entry, what do you guys think? (The grey streaks on the rear of the model are annoyingly where the wash has dried, I think its becoming a dud.)

gallery_41766_10176_34631.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_4348.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_30910.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_75517.jpg

Thanks for checking in guys, it's good to be back. :)

Cheers,

BT

It's great to see you back Tyrax!

Terribly sorry to hear about the diagnosis... hope things sift out well for ya.happy.png

A constructive criticism on the model, whose pose and weathering are wonderful, by the way, would be to add some more wash to the sides of the leg bracings on the leg pieces. It would help bring out the detailing on the metal further and accent the yellow along the join quite nicely. Just a suggestion.

Don't be discouraged by the new challenges, we're all here to cheer ya on! biggrin.png

Best of luck with the recent diagnosis, brother. Not particularly keen on the latest addition (the blades look good though). However, your Ironclad Dreadnought looks great! The freehand Chapter symbol, the small heraldic shields, the converted siege drill, the weathering, the campaign badges... such much awesome stuff going on there :tu:

Archived