++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

Well this tank is taking an absolute age to complete. So many little issues kept cropping up but now it has a nice neat paint job, applied mud and additions completed and begun. Once all of it is painted to a point I'm happy with, I'll apply decals and then weather and wash.

Here's the progress shot of "Sovereigns Fall", one of the 3rd Companies Dedicated AIFV.

gallery_41766_10176_43394.jpg

Here is the "Sovereigns Fall" and the "Defiance of Helican" AIFV's.

gallery_41766_10176_924.jpg

ETL Vow is coming along, should only be a few more days worth of painting.

Cheers,

BT

Damn it ran out of likes again. A Nice ride.thumbsup.gif

As always, thanks Sarge.

Did a little bit of work on the Prometheus sensor array. Decided to channel my inner Malevolent and put a Stormbolter into it, to represent the pintle upgrade. The empty space beside it will have a clear LED put there and painted over to be a sensor dome.

gallery_41766_10176_1690.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_1430.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_68854.jpg

This isn't the Land Raider chassis that'll I'll be using, this is just a stand in.

Cheers,

BT

man...I love it...

Thank you fella, it means a lot :)

I got the LED in to do the sensor dome. I'm half tempted to pull it back off, paint the tank up once it's completed and stick it back on leaving it clear. It catches the light really well.

gallery_41766_10176_70677.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_27839.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_24318.jpg

To further enforce it's a command tank, I'll have a Legion Comms Marine sticking his head up out of the back to show the Prometheus uses a combination of sensor data and information relayed from around the battlefield.

Cheers,

BT

You know, with the new Land Raider Spearhead formation it's not entirely insane to take 3 of these beasts now!  You'll need some impressive assault units to make the most of this, though.

You know, with the new Land Raider Spearhead formation it's not entirely insane to take 3 of these beasts now! You'll need some impressive assault units to make the most of this, though.

the Prometheus isn't a listed option for the spearhead formation: landraider, crusader, and redeemer are the only ones allowed in the current iteration; that is until we get confirmation from forgeworld.

I like the Legion comms idea......it will give it a unique flair

That's the hope! After all the Marines Malevolent have to make use of even out dated (by Imperial standards!) equipment.

still drooling over the quad HBs on the sponsons!

love the stormbolter and light, all you need now are wire antennae and i'm sold on the command tank idea!

Gah! you make me REALLY want to buy some land raiders!!!

if i cave, it'll be your fault tongue.png

EDIT: a lil' somethin' like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hmmwvinscale.com/Harris%252520Antennae%252520Photo%2525201.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hmmwvinscale.com/harrisradiosystems.htm&h=551&w=800&tbnid=a8B-HCB6-rvOHM:&zoom=1&docid=0TwOb6GstKPLXM&ei=EPSCVaPPGcnYtQW6hoDgDw&tbm=isch&ved=0CDgQMygUMBQ

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carpictures.com/pics/full/07H2B435719557B/AM-General-HMMWV-Military-Humvee-1985-07H2B435719557B.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/07H2B435719557/AM-General-HMMWV-Military-Humvee-1985&h=300&w=400&tbnid=8QudC_CD3jFDsM:&zoom=1&docid=yoycix2JMAR6iM&ei=EPSCVaPPGcnYtQW6hoDgDw&tbm=isch&ved=0CFwQMyg4MDg

Thanks fella, I'm gonna sort out a comms Marine poking his head out the back but if it doesn't look enough, I'll add an aerial.

You know, with the new Land Raider Spearhead formation it's not entirely insane to take 3 of these beasts now! You'll need some impressive assault units to make the most of this, though.

That's kinda what I'm holding out for, I'd absolutely love to run both Phobos patterns and the Prometheus in my Siege Vanguard List. I charge ten men Siege Assault Squads out of them anyway with dual flamers and lighting claw sergeants so they pack a punch. Thinking of making up a no nonsense Honour Guard to accompany the Siege Master when he wants to stab some fools with the Teeth of Terra.

the Prometheus isn't a listed option for the spearhead formation: landraider, crusader, and redeemer are the only ones allowed in the current iteration; that is until we get confirmation from forgeworld.

That's the hope brother, I will pester them until it becomes religious. In the mean time, I just have to hash it out with my opponents what they are happy with me using as part of the formations.

Jaysus, you've been busy! Those Raiders look great. Can't say much that others haven't. The use of the FW mult-melta turret and the addition of the dozers is inspired and the Promethus' quad heavy bolters are wonderful.

Jaysus, you've been busy! Those Raiders look great. Can't say much that others haven't. The use of the FW mult-melta turret and the addition of the dozers is inspired and the Promethus' quad heavy bolters are wonderful.

Thank you Sock, good to see you back. I like to add a little something to my tanks to try and make them stand out. I really want to portray the Marines Malevolent as a Chapter at constant war, no respite, no reprieve. One battleground to the next, the training of potential replacements happens in a trial by fire, if they can't cut three tours as a scout they wash out. There aren't any training facilities, no strategy centres or home worlds they can set up barracks and monasteries on. There is only war and the need to obtain victory. Each asset is geared towards continuous combat, often at times things will be held together with bonding strips and faith in the Emperor to see it through the next engagement. They will take what they kill too, sanctifying it, repainting and refitting it and turning its guns on its one time masters. I think the Land Raiders are imposing enough, I just wanted to make mine look brutal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I completed my ETL vow and added another 670pts to the Codex cause.

This also saw the completion of my second Armoured Infantry Fighting Vehicle the "Sovereigns Fall". A phobos pattern Land Raider given urban assault upgrades it disgorges a tide of power armoured assault marines into the midst of the enemy while its powerful lascannon work long range targets.

gallery_41766_10176_80260.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_14843.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_43465.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_61967.jpg

"Sovereigns Fall" and the "Defiance of Helican" AIFV's.

gallery_41766_10176_50924.jpg

Cheers

BT

Ok, so really dumb question...as all my Land Raiders come from Ebay...where does one get those dozers?!?!

Almost 100% positive those are Kromlech's side mounted dozer blades, available on their webstore. 

Ok, so really dumb question...as all my Land Raiders come from Ebay...where does one get those dozers?!?!

Almost 100% positive those are Kromlech's side mounted dozer blades, available on their webstore. 

Chaplain has the right of it my good man. Fantastic sculpts and very reasonably priced.

Nice Rides.thumbsup.gif

Thanks Sarge, I like my Assault Marines to ride in style.

Loving it! The FW turret use is just awesome. And the Kromlech dozer blades are nice too. Great work. One can never have too many Land Raiders.

Cheers fella! I always thought it a stupid notion that the most advanced infantry transport in the galaxy that was supposedly driven by a machine spirit bordering the realms of an A.I would have a dude poking his head out the back to fire a top mounted gun. It's a completely environmentally sealed attack vehicle and I wanted to further produce that idea.

None shall stay their wrath. Great looking pair.

"And low shall they bring false kings and crush the unworthy under tread, in His name, let them bring retribution upon their foes."

Those Land Raiders are boss. 0% bling, just grit, brutal function and some more grit. I like.

Thanks BCA, I'm trying to weed out any bling in my force unless its Codex approved such as golden boltshells for marksmanship or iron skulls/halos. Feet First and Bolters Free; the Malevolent Way.

Those split dozers are sweet!

Thanks Tom!

Got some presents through the mail this morning. I finally have the assets to make my army a bit more fluff orientated.

gallery_41766_10176_98881.jpg

Two more Retaliator batteries ready for the painting table!

Cheers,

BT

Oh man, I need to get me some WWs.  I can't believe how much better they are now!  Great setup there, by the way (though the Mk. I looks a little out of place).

Oh man, I need to get me some WWs.  I can't believe how much better they are now!  Great setup there, by the way (though the Mk. I looks a little out of place).

Thanks Vel'Cona, I really love Whirlwinds, always have. I'm stoked I can finally field them in a squadron now. Don't pick on MK1, he's the littlest Retaliator that could! 

Archived