DA Successor Chapters

Julgolax

Lornak, I think that will look awesome! :o :P :D <-two thumbs at once

I think I may have heard a little bit of Midnight Angel's soul die though, he sounded very excited! :lol:

Awesome name, and I think with the new DA bits coming, you're going to end up with a fantastic warrior-monk force. Looking forward to seeing some models!

In good time Byran, money is an object here and this is an expensive hobby but I think it'll happen eventually. I would like to thank everyone for helping me with this process though, the Unforgiven shall have their vengeance... retribution lies in victory!

I'm excited to get started, maybe I'll use some left over christmas cash to buy a tactical squad and a DA upgrade kit for some cloth works. I'm not a good painter, I have little to no experience but hopefully through watching some techniques on youtube I can get an idea of how to highlight, paint cloth, and which paints to use.

My soul didn't die. lol But thanks for being concerned. It is probably for the best, I will just use that scheme for my sisters when they are released, already planning themk u just waiting on new models. This just makes it easier for me to stick to my druidic themed force that will use dark angels rules to field as they are a white scars genestock but needing a codex based chapter that will fit some genestock traits of using bikes.

I just really like that white scheme with the purple. Perhaps you can make the purity seals green and eyes/plasma coils instead also in green so as to give hint to the parent chapter. I think adding silver and gold will definitely help distinquish them more than just white and purple.

Also check ebay, you can still score lots of deathwing/ravenwing and dark angel tac squads for cheap, at least 12-15 a squad.

There's no real reason you can't use the color scheme if you want, it's just colors after all, the only reason I didn't want to use colors already used is I want to create something that isn't widely used yet. Some things are still special.

As for the colors I'm using, I usually want to try and stick as closely to the established lore as possible so as to make the force more believable but I was thinking taking a few small liberties in my color choices for eye lenses and gems, parchment, and purity seal wax. Plasma coils I think I'll keep to a blue source light and the eye lenses and gems I actually will try and keep green to add focal points to the overall appearance. If that's a bad idea I will reconsider it though. As for the purity seal wax, I'll probably use green wax just because green does go well with the the purple.

Archived