Repressors

IK Viper

Are Repressors 40k approved units? I am looking to take them in a tournament that is allowing 40k Approved and I don't currently own the IA2 book.

They look like a nice little addition to a SoB army since they allow you to shoot alot without getting out of the transport, and you get a Hvy FL on a Rhino Chassie which I like.

Yes, they are. Gimme a sec and I'll try and trak down the most recent update for them. You will need that anyway because teh original IA2 version is way off.

[ETA]

Here we go. Last page in this document.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Prod...update28AUG.pdf

It is "updated" for Codex: Witch Hunters in 5th edition so some of the options have not been valid for over a year. It also has 3 Hull Points now which is what the 6th edition update will tell you.

[ETA more stuff]

If you want to try something funny ...

The advertisment foir the Represor that was printed on the last page of the White Dwarf codex says that the Repressors come with assault ramps. If you have some rules lawyers that like to argue the absurd, you could claim that according to our newest codex the Repressor is an asault vehicle. :P

screw assaulting with them! It's all about the Sisters Repentia. I SOOOOOO wish we had an assault vehicle for them! It would make them soooooooo amazing. I wish the Alvus Lighter was an assault vehicle. Do you have an idea for which unit your planing on loading in them? I could see putting a dominion squad in them loaded with Flamers if you drive across the board or a Dominion Squad with 4 melta guns and a Combi-Melta. This would be mean with the flamers. A tank with a Heavy Flamer and 4 regular flamers driving across the board....

Speaking of the Alvus, I got my rhino conversion underwork now.... I can't wait for an game to use it....

oh good this makes me happy. i was considering grabbing one or two of those for my dominions to roll around in. i've proxy play-tested some a couple of times and they do pretty well as a mobile firing platform. i'd say extra armor to ignore shaken/stunned is about a must for them tho.

I am looking at putting Battle Sisters and maybe Dominions in them, my logic is that you can basically ignore the fact that they are tough 3 when inside the Repressor shooting out, (unless it blows up on you obviously)

its says can be taken by a sororitas heroine and retinue.. i wonder how far we can stretch that wording?

I don't think anyone would quibble about using it for your Command Squad. If you want to get one for your Canoness alone I think you might have problems since she does not dedicated transports under her options. And it is not available for conclaves at all but then it is not that great of a vehicle for them anyway.

I am looking at putting Battle Sisters and maybe Dominions in them,

They are perfect for anti-infantry Dominions. 15 points less than a basic Immy and it still comes with a Heavy Flamer which can be twin-linked by the Dominions inside.

*coughs* Sorry to break anyone's bubble, but the Repressor only has 1 Fire Point... the rest of the Firing Slits can only be used with the squad's "basic weapons" (which means Bolters and Bolt Pistols).

So they're still awesome, since you'll have 6 bolters even in a Dominion squad (If you have a Repressor, there's NO point taking a half-strength squad), but not quite the game-breaker it would be if you could shoot all four flamers out of it.

Of course, if you're comparing them to Immolators, yes. You get an extra Flamer, and 14 extra Bolter shots, for 15 points less (not including the 65 points you spend on Sisters Dominion).

*coughs* Sorry to break anyone's bubble, but the Repressor only has 1 Fire Point... the rest of the Firing Slits can only be used with the squad's "basic weapons" (which means Bolters and Bolt Pistols).

well yeah, but something that lets you burninate and fire a special weapon along with 6 other regular weapons, which also lets you carry a full squad, and is cheaper, is better. i'm not usually a fan of small squads, they die too often at 10 strong in my experience, and that's with my CSM @ T4. anything that lets me haul some expendable wounds to allow me to continue to melt things for a few more turns is worth it. especially if that thing just so happens to cost like 15 pts less. lol

miko, do you run extra armor on yours? i've been meaning to experiment with that, and i feel like if you run it as a gunboat it's probably a good idea. i just run against so many high (low!?) ap weapons that sometimes i wonder if i couldn't better use the points elsewhere, as a great many things will pen av11 and ap1 makes 1-3 less likely.

what's your opinion/experiences?

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love repressors and use them at every opportunity. They're just not the god-broken unit that was being talked about.

So If I get this right (Using Army builder):

5 Dominions (2 meltas, Similacrum and Combi melta) in an Immolator with Dozer Blade (190 pts) gets a

- Mounted:

- TL Heavy Flamer (Re-Roll wounds)

- Difficult Terrain re-roll

- No Firepoints

- Dismounted add:

- Reroll to hit with 2 Bolters (Re-roll Wounds with Faith)

- Reroll to hit with 3 Melta Shots in 1st turn

5 Dominions (1 melta, 1 Flamer Similacrum and Combi melta) in a Repressor (165 pts) gets a

- Mounted:

- Flamer (Re-roll Wounds with Faith)

- Storm Bolter (Re-roll to hit with Faith)

- Passenger Flamer (Re-roll to hit with Faith)

- Reroll to hit with 2 Bolters (Re-roll Wounds with Faith)

- Passenger Flamer (Re-roll to hit with Faith)

- 1 Firepoints

- Dismounted:

Ditto minus faith on the Vehicles weapons

Is that right?

No, it's more like;

5 Dominions (1 melta, 1 Flamer, Simulacrum and Combi melta) in a Repressor (165 pts) gets a

- Mounted:

- Heavy Flamer (Re-roll Wounds with Faith)

- Passenger Flamer (or Meltagun) (Re-roll to wound (or hit with MG) with Faith)

- Reroll to hit with 3 Bolters (Re-roll to Hit with Faith)

- 1 Firepoints

Dismounted:

- Heavy Flamer

- Storm Bolter

- Reroll to hit with 2 Bolters (3 after first turn)

- Reroll to hit with 2 Meltaguns (1 after first turn)

- Reroll to Wound with 1 Flamer

- Difficult Terrain re-roll (Vehicle only)

Or, if you want to price-match the Immolator,

7 Dominions (1 melta, 1 Flamer, Simulacrum and Combi melta) in a Repressor (191 pts) gets a

- Mounted:

- Heavy Flamer (Re-roll Wounds with Faith)

- Passenger Flamer (or Meltagun) (Re-roll to wound (or hit with MG) with Faith)

- Reroll to hit with 5 Bolters (Re-roll to Hit with Faith)

- 1 Firepoints

Dismounted:

- Heavy Flamer

- Storm Bolter

- Reroll to hit with 4 Bolters (5 after first turn)

- Reroll to hit with 2 Meltaguns (1 after first turn)

- Reroll to Wound with 1 Flamer

- Difficult Terrain re-roll (Vehicle only)

I believe both of my Repressors just went to the top of my Repainting list! Ten Dominions tumbling out of a Repressor that never go a shot off as it trundled across the field as fast as it could is a much more scary prospect than 6 tumbling out of an Immolator! And if it does get to fire while mounted it is more scary to the opposition by far!

Another quick question I'm sure you will know the answer to: Re-reading the IA2 version it states that the Women using the firing slits met all fire at the same target, given there are three in each side does that effectively mean only thee can fire at any time as the others do not have LOS? Top hatch would have 360 and could fire at anything.

Also, in fifth it said you could take flamers range from the hull to cover off the fact that the vehicle has to be placed very precisely to not loose half it's range covering the hull. Is this still the case in 6th?

i have always treated the firing slits on the repressor like sponson mounted guns on tanks. if you're facing right at them with your front, they can all unload, but if only one side or the other is facing then you can only fire that side.

i'm not sure about the flamer placement from a vehicle, as i've measured my combi-flamer on my chaos rhino from the weapon point just like every other weapon fired from a vehicle. if i've been shafting myself a few inches tho i would certainly love to know. lol

I wanted to find some rules to support this but I found the opposite :(

6th ed Transport rules specifically states that one model fires from one fire point and that shooting (including templates) and line of sight is measured from the fire points on the vehicle ... I think we will be relying on our opponents leniency in allowing more than 3 shots coming from either side.

Archived