Repressors

IK Viper

Yeah, you have to love the Repressor as well in combination to the Immolator. I personnaly own 4 Repressors and 7 Immolators.

Oh, just a side note, try running a Retributor squad with 4 Heavy Flamers, and a combi-flamer with a Similacrum and 4 Bolters.

Then get Faith off and you have lots of Rending intant hit Flamers.

I tried that once...

They failed their faith test. Twice (Simulacrum), then got slaughtered by the terminators and Typhus they were meant to obliterate.

This is more like my experience with them. In theory they should Rock. However even if the faith does go off, the unit they just annihilated usually has a supporting unit nearby that does them instead, or they are bailed from the transport too far out and get exterminated before they get anywhere useful.

To be fair, I'd have been happy if they'd just kiled the terminators and Typhus. They were only supported by Chosen, so hopefully Wall of Death should have done the damage there.

It's more annoying because it was a perfect shot - the chosen were overlapped with the termies behind them, I could have done major damage to both squads... if I hadn't rolled two ones for the Faith test and mostly 3s for the Wound tests (damn Nurglitch asterisks!)

Hahhaha thats such a bad moment of luck.

Mine was quite the opposite, i zoomed strategically up to a full 10 man squad of Termies, bailed out, Rolled a 6 for Faith and systemitically incinerated the lot of them. They were packed nice and tight, and didn't expect me to use Rending Heavy Flamers.

Priceless moment..

As for them, they then went onto more burning, and i only lost 3 SoB with Bolters by end of the game. Everywhere they went they burned squads, even a Rhino.

While he tried to rally to retaliate, i moved up 2 Dominion Squads of 6 with Immolators and lots of Melta weapons and anything that threatened the Retributor squad would also have to deal with Melta's aswell.

I personally find if you back them up, say with a squad of 20 or squad of Dominions your opponent won't know what to concentrate on first.

Do they ignore the Flamers and get burnt each round, or ignore the Melta's causing instant death and blowing up vehicles??

I backed mine up with Celestine, but they had fire support from a squad in a neutral Bastion, as well as a melta-sister squad in a ruin next to the copse they were advancing through. The termies rampaged through the Retributors, smashed into (and broke) the Battle Sisters... 2 bolters survived and escape. They're the ones who killed Typhus in the end (the 20-strong squad took care of his retinue).

Archived