WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

Is that the standard issue uniform female commissars are given? I have the frequency toned in to a local inquisitor who could pay a visit :smile.:

*edit. looking good though, but I'll wait for my final judgment when the finished product is done and with a better picture 

Edited by Vash

Thanks guys. I promise better photos on Friday.

The base will be done tonight along with a little tidying up and work has started on another 13 guardsmen, why 13....

They where primed ;)

Not even finished these yet but already planning the next project...

I am going to go for a couple of priests and by that I mean 5 ;)

You can't beat a chainsaw toting, frothing at the mouth zealot screaming out praises of The Emperor while leading Cadia's finest against the xenos and heretic...

I will be using a mixture of WHF flagellants and cadian bits but I will need to read up on weapons options so I can have a few different load outs :)

I have some shotguns left over from some SM scouts so that is definitely going to be one of the options... And planning to glue 2 chainswords together as an Eviscerator ;)

Awesome work Elmo. Your using a very similar colour scheme to one I did years ago, although unlike me you've managed to get more than one squad painted :).

I have some shotguns left over from some SM scouts so that is definitely going to be one of the options... And planning to glue 2 chainswords together as an Eviscerator :wink:

Sadly, the Eviscerator is missing from the latest Guard Codex. Only Inquisitorial lapdogs can use it now :(.

I may just do that :)

Work has been progressing well with Olga competed, 13 bodies/legs painted and based, 14 heads done and starting on arms now.

I will not post photos as they won't be any good anyway :(

You will just have to wait till Friday.

Commissar Olga is done

http://orig13.deviantart.net/2b1b/f/2015/065/c/0/commissar_olga_kurganova_by_elmo9141-d8kn1hj.jpg

along with Guardsman Nadal

http://orig03.deviantart.net/23bc/f/2015/065/5/b/guardsman_nadal__897th_infantry_battalion_by_elmo9141-d8kn1ok.jpg

And the WIP on the remaining members of the squad+

I will swap the head on the Sgt as I don't really like it :(

gallery_62353_10396_198119.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_559558.jpg

Looking great there as usual.

Only thing I am not keen on is the skin on the Olga. It looks thick though it may just be the wash? Afraid I cannot aid further or suggest what to do due to my lack of skills.

As for the sgt, I have that head on a pompous platoon commander with a beat stick. Suits it more. Look forward to seeing what you come with as an alternative.

On a side note, do you have the shoulder pad for the bolt pistol arm?

The Olga face may get an extra highlight as it is not as bad as it looks but still not as good as I want it to be... The detail was extremely small as her head is tiny compared to GW models so that made it a little more difficult but that is not an excuse ;)

The pad will be coming from one of the vehicle kits when I get around to digging one out. these figures are still WIP at the moment and as I wrote the head wil be discarded as it is :censored: . I may dig around and see if I have a beret head hiding somewhere..

@Jolemai: It is just the way I paint figures... more scary is the painted heads I did not take a photo of ;)