A (Relatively) Cheap Sisters Flyer

Sarducci

bombs count as one of the four weapons it's just used in the movement phase instead and a bombing run is only one bomb.... so much for this....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/B-17G_42-31684_Joker-774th_Bomb_Squadron.jpg

and that was the 1940s..... should be more dakka and more boom in the 40k bombs...... sad.png

To be fair, in 40k I'm just glad they still know how to fly in the first place. If it was accurate we should have more ICBM's and missiles in general then bombs tongue.png

Well even today the A-10 Thunderbolt uses bombs for ground strike missions

The heavy stubber was easy, I just took a Chimera lasgun, (left over from one of the four old school Hellhounds I have,) cut the ball mount in half and glued it to the rear hull behind the cockpit. Then I glued a heavy stubber barrel to the mount, along with something to represent a targeting array, and called it good.

The cockpit is even easier. Again, my conversion skills are not all that good, plus I didn't have any sitting SoB figures, so I just took a Sharpie to the inside of the cockpit canopy. Makes it look like heavily tinted glass that you can't see through.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea of using the chimera hull lasgun mounts.

That is bloody well done for a conversion, looks great.

Still can't really justify turning a 30 quid model into a 50 quid one with so much work though, conversions for me are all about improving the looks, not the cost.

I'm going to have to disagree there. Cost has definitely factored in to my conversions. 

That is bloody well done for a conversion, looks great.

Still can't really justify turning a 30 quid model into a 50 quid one with so much work though, conversions for me are all about improving the looks, not the cost.

Keep up, the Avenger's £87 now!

That Valkyrie is one nice conversion but with my limited skills I'd end up butchering the model.

I'm toying up messing with the Nephilim and the Ork Flyer for when I get around to my Avenger. Although by the time that happens, we may end up having a hardback codex and a brand new range of models so may end up with our own flyer by that point, take that that we will have to wait years or months as you wish.

I have considered two but decided against it as it eats into my exorcists Heavy Slots.

If I ever do though I imagine I would run 2 Avengers and a Marauder Destroyer at the Same time for some Serious Air Support.

Problem with the flyer though is, it has no hull points so to speak of and its armour could be a damn sight better.

I have considered two but decided against it as it eats into my exorcists Heavy Slots....

Yeah, I probably wouldn't even bother with an exorcist at that point. You could very easily have a couple of bad shooting rounds, as d6 shots can be fickle. It would be a good opportunity to mix in some Retributors, since I rarely take them bc mo' exorcists. Could lead to pretty mobile play in a Repressor.

If I ran a Flyer force with 3 Heavy slot flyers odds are i would be heavy hit and run on the ground but its a very different list to what sisters are used to.

Also with the way flyers are i would feel the need to weight the odds and take something to make sure they come on when its 805 points of my force. 

Archived