Not a fan of the new Model.

6th ed BGB & 4th Ed Codex: Belial got a little better for basic Sword & Gun but it wasn't really enough for most people to use that way as a lot of opponents still went towards him with ap2 stuff making you either "LO,S" or try to have someone else take the challenge.

6th BGB & 6th Codex: Belial has got some very good reason to use basic loadout now with Iron Halo(currently it just looks like English version of Codex was misprinted to not show it in unit entry, apparently it's in all the others,) and his sword beinga master-crafted Powersowrd that has Fleshbane and his 5+ Sniping along with Vengful Strike. Lot more promise now that way and Dual LC isn't too shabby for Assault now he has Iron Halo.

It's also funny to note the Pic on pg. 56 his weapons are reversed than what the modfel is. :lol:

To anyone who has Belial, can you let me know what component parts he comes in? E.g. Are the arms separate Head? Back banner? Better yet, anyone have pics of the sprue? Enquiring minds need to know! Cheers, WW
So I've said I wasn't going to use his new model because I don't like it. I'm still sticking with that, but I did want to grab his storm bolter and Power Sword to put on my conversion. So with that out of the way, I know someone said what the break down was, but I uploaded a few pictures. The album is here.I'm too lazy at the moment to re-size the images to thumb nails and then link it to the full size. Regardless, enjoy!

Or faster Glaug said

Belial breaks down;

Rear Torso

Banner

Left arm

Right arm

Heraldic shield

Everything else.

To anyone who has Belial, can you let me know what component parts he comes in? E.g. Are the arms separate Head? Back banner? Better yet, anyone have pics of the sprue? Enquiring minds need to know! Cheers, WW
So I've said I wasn't going to use his new model because I don't like it. I'm still sticking with that, but I did want to grab his storm bolter and Power Sword to put on my conversion. So with that out of the way, I know someone said what the break down was, but I uploaded a few pictures. The album is here.I'm too lazy at the moment to re-size the images to thumb nails and then link it to the full size. Regardless, enjoy!

Or faster Glaug said

Belial breaks down;

Rear Torso

Banner

Left arm

Right arm

Heraldic shield

Everything else.

Aye, I saw he posted a break down, but a picture is worth a thousand words. So I posted an album of the model on the sprues :)

Or faster Glaug said

Belial breaks down;

Rear Torso

Banner

Left arm

Right arm

Heraldic shield

Everything else.

Aye, I saw he posted a break down, but a picture is worth a thousand words. So I posted an album of the model on the sprues smile.png

Awesome, just what I was looking for, many thanks!

I've never, ever worked with failcast before. The cast quality looks dire, with so much extra material on the sprue. Is it always like that?

I, for one actually like the model so far - granted my stuff wont be here till wednesday.

But judging from the 360 and the youtube vid, i feel good about him :)

But i bet that i get a failcast and get to spend a week or two more before i have a decent model xD

I believe the OP meant this to be a tactica.

Ronin_eX summed it up nicely for me:

Running the numbers, the Sword of Silence and Storm Bolter are better against every target with a toughness greater than 3 (compared to the Lightning Claws). The other upside is that he can continue to use Vengeful Strike and Marked for Retribution in this build. The Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield provide a survivability boost with a greater invulnerable save and allows him to deal with 2+ saves (which makes him great in a Knight squad).

If you are fighting an army where you expect to see few saves greater than 3+ then I would go with the Sword of Silence and Storm Bolter every time. The master-crafted re-roll and ability to wound on 2+ at initiative is marvelous and the ability to snipe better with you Storm Bolter is quite nice as well.

If you are looking to field Belial as a melee beatstick alongside a squad of Deathwing Knights, then I'd go with the Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. You lose out on VS and Marked for Retribution but this is made up for with the ability to one-shot some targets and deal with 2+ saves while become much harder to kill. Combined with Fortress of Shields this will make Belial a pretty good fighter in general.

But if he is dropping with a Command Squad or regular Deathwing squad then Sword of Silence and SB all the way.

Unfortunately, unless you are facing down an army with mostly T3 models (including the characters) then the Lightning Claws are kind of a waste. And even if you are facing down such an army, the loss of all of your shooting to be only marginally better in hand-to-hand is situational at best. I'd still probably stick to SoS+SB in those cases simply because it makes him better on the drop and likely nets him the extra kills to mitigate the difference between the SoS+SB loadout and the TLC loadout.

The TH/SS is for when you want an all-out beatstick. Truth be told, I'd probably field it in a list that doesn't take a load of Deathwing. Just a big DWK unit with Belial in it, deep striking exactly where they want to. The perfect one-drop Deathstar in a list that isn't relying on Deathwing for scoring troops. I'm liking that his utility expands beyond simply allowing you to take Deathwing as troops now. He's a unit I can see slotting in to just about any list with one Deathwing squad in it because of Tactical Percision.

I like the idea of him with SB/SoS in many cases but tossing on the TH/SS when he joins his DW Knight brethren.I haven't been able to play yet, but I've already ripped off my current Belials' lightning claws and am going to magnetize the other two options.

Sadly, I still wish they had made other HQs with TDA able to put at least one unit of DW as troops. There is something about scoring terminators that I just love and I feel like I'm going to have to force myself not to take Belial every game like before.

Archived