DA 4+ Invln Bubble of Self-repairing death! ^_^

Xeraxen

This recently occurred to me, and it will probably be too costly to be competitive, but it'll at least be cheesy and fun! [i don't have my codex in front of me, sadly, so I cannot give official costs.]

Build #1:

Your preferred HQ

Greenwing Command Squad /w Standard of Fortitude

Techmarine /w Power Field Generator attached to Command Squad / Techmarine with servitor retinue.

Command Squad /w attached Techie [or Techie /w Servitors] embarked in the Land Raider of your choice

Devastator/Tactical squad(s) /w Plasma Cannons embarked in Rhinos rolling alongside the Land Raider as a mobile firebase. / Or on-foot and kitted out with as much plasma as possible.

The idea is that the Power field generator conveys a 4+ Invuln to the Land Raider while the Sacred Standard of Fortitude conveys it's FnP Save to those squads in 6". If the raider is somehow damaged by a lucky shot from enemy fire, the Techie [and attached servitors if you have them] can repair the tank enough to keep the firebase moving forwards like a big plasma-y tidal wave sweeping across the board.

Build #2:

Simply swap the Standard of Fortitude with the Standard of Devastation and swap the plasma elements with standard bolters, pop the tacticals and other bolter elements on the ground as a slow-moving firebase, dakka-ing everything in their path.

Meanwhile the standard bearer relaxes in the raider interior, sipping recaff and playing tetris on the auspex, with all his duties that day being to wriggle and wave the standard every few minutes.

Your thoughts? By all means point out any Achilles's heels to this strategy.

Archived