Finecast Asmodai & Belial are bad

ellis_esquire

Uch - im on my second belial and asmodai models from returned flaws and they are still holey with weak detailing and hollow parts.

Im about to give up which is upsetting as my aim has always been to own every bit of DA release.  Anyone get a flawless set or even the banner bearer for that matter?

My Asmodai has no flaws that I can see, but I haven't cut him away from the sprue yet.  Then again, my FLGS owner actually said that he only kept two of the three he had ordered because the other had defects he wouldn't accept himself.

Overall I think that FineCast is getting better, but they still seem to be having a lot of quality control issues.  Sorry to hear you are having so many issues.  I didn't go for Belial or the new Bethor.  Good luck, hope you can find some that are quality, however, it sounds like Belial's sword is pretty flimsy.

When the codex came hot i went at my local store and checked both Asmodai and Belial... Out of three Asmodai and four Belial NO ONE was without faults...

I think that metal Asmodai is still better... It can be upgraded using a photoetched DA icon on shoulder pad and the "candles and sword" backpack from veterans sprue...

You can build a better Belial using the DW box...

So finecast Belial and Asmodai will remain on the shelf (Bethor and Sammael too)...

However i hope that you will be able to find a decent Asmodai and Belial...

all the rivets on belial's left shoulder and his banner weren't filled properly and had holes. I had to cannibalize some spare parts to replace them. Not upset with the way it turned out, but I'm not happy with what I bought. Also, his cloak on his right side has a chunk missing. 

yeah that would be unacceptable to me...I had gotten 2 boxes of plauge marines huron and some raptors when they first came out in finecast...

everything was buggered up and they only replaced the raptors and huron models...needless to say I was a bit peturbed...

My Asmodai seems fine but I haven't opened him yet...  Belial, on the other hand, had all the studs on the shoulderpads missing and loads of tiny holes around his lower part, so I went to get a replacement from my local GW store, which was better, but still had a few problems with the shoulder pad.  They were easier to fix, so in the end I left it at that.  On the bright side, means I have a spare Belial body in case my resculpting work on his legs goes badly...

My first Asmodai was great, but was missing all the studs on his backback torches. 

My Belial was missing half the studs on his left shoulder pad, and had an air bubble on his mould line across his top (targeters, etc) and his  left shoulder pad to his left elbow.  Looked crazy - as I could look inside this slit into the model.  I wish his left arm would have been good because I would have had my first almost perfect finecrap model (I can easily fill a gap on the mould line of his targeters.

I recieved my replacement Asmodai.... far worse than the first and is completely useless (guess I'll be cutting the head off for a conversion).  I am still waiting for my replacement Belial.

I have recieved replacements for poor sculpts for the Anniversary CF guy, Arjac, the Stormcaller guy, 3 necron lords, 2 Sammaels, Belial, and Asmodai.  The only models I didn't get replacements for are the games day marine (never opened) and one of the Necron characters because I gave up contacting GW customer service every time I bought a model. 

Too bad though, I was thrilled about an official Belial Model.

Are the ones that you guys have that are holey/messed over ordered online? I know that mine looks fine from my FLGS, Kastor Kreig said the same, and I'm just wondering if they are almost knowingly sending the better ones to stores or something...

My Belial is near enough all ok. Small amount of issue on a shoulder which I easily fixed. Normally have issues with bolter muzzles/shoulders/cloaks but happily not this time.

Having said this I was looking at my Techmarine with harness and his bolter and axe were utterly awful - bolter is genuinely not fixable.

Sadly it's still a bit of luck of the draw.

i was on a awesome streak of great fine cast then i got zandrek which took 5 attempts to get right and now belial. cloak needed a slight repair on the right and the gun barrels were misaligned but both were easy fixes.

problem i have now is his sword bent in transport and is proving a pain to bend back

My Asmodai and banner bearer look ok on initial inspection - haven't cut them off the sprue yet though. But Belial! I wanted the official mini for something different, but I wish I'd have made another one from the Knights box (I've already done one with TH/SS from a Knights box and it looks great!)

On the finecast mini, the sword is completely useless - too bendy, thin and fragile to fix so I replaced it with a sword arm from the RW sprue. Also his 'banner' is so thin in places I don't think it'll take a puff of wind, let alone a coat of paint, before it caves in. It's see through in places.

One small bubble but in a place you can't see once it's put together.

That's only my second finecast mini - not impressed with it at all.

BTW I ordered mine from GW online.

*EDIT* Sorry, that should have been the veterans sprue the sword arm is from.

I ordered mine all online.

Forgot to add that I have recieved one absolutely perfect finecast mini - the DA banner bearer.  Not one bubble or issue with him.  Also got the tracking number for my replacemtn Belial today (fingers crossed!).

After the beautiful, classic old Asmodai, why would you even want the new one? Asmodai is a big disappointment in my opinion. Belial's okay, but not great.

I thought I'd lost my old one.  Then, naturally, I found him as soon as I got home with the new one...  Also, theres the Power Sword he doesn't have.

I got my Belial on release at my FLGS, looks solid to me. Though I have seen some horrible Finecast get out to the public. At least I haven't  really heard any horror stories about getting replacements for them. But it is ridiculous that some of them getting out to begin with. It is disappointing that GW's quality control has seemed to drop :(

My Belial has maybe one stud with an issue and a small line on that shoulder, other than that he is flawless.

his banner is nearly transparent in some places, but not enough that when I get paint on it you'll be able to tell it is thin.  I need to prime him and get to painting.

Paul

Wow I really thought that I was not going to hear many complaints as my pedantic demands come fro. Competition level painting.

Sorry to hear this all especially you darth Turlock.

Have sent of asmodai today and will do the in store thing with belial.

Hopefully my banner beater will be good. I be updating as I go as will not be accepting anything less that 100% satisfaction. Yes morally but also I don't want to look at a model over the next several years knowing its defective!

Getting my Belial either tomorrow or Friday but I am sure it will be fine. Probably getting Asmodai in a month so I hope for the best there. They seem to get the mix right now it is just the control that needs to get better.

My standard bearer was wonderful not a single problem and the detail on the banner was perfect!

I've only purchased Belial thus far and a good bit of the tip of his sword was just missing. His hood is paper thin on the left of his head and his cloak on the right is so thin it split. Customer service was helpful and I am awaiting a replacement though I can tell a number of them were bad. It's back ordered to mid Febuary wallbash.gif

Wow, good luck guys, I really hope that all gets sorted out. No one should be asked to live with a less than satisfactory product, especially not a product where you actually re buying it for the appearance and it is the appearance that is messed up. This isn't a toaster that has a single scratch on the outer shell that you could just turn around... FineCast is supposed to just sit there and look pretty (and supposedly be durable).

Archived