Also rules for kharibdis and alpha Achilles are up :)

I cannot seem to find the links for those rules.  Are they on the FW download page?

Chyup.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/A/AchillesAlpha.pdf

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/K/Kharybdis.pdf

The Kharydis is utter trash. Cut off 80 points and no one would blink an eyelid. Currently it is overpriced...and the melts attack doesn't look like it could cut through a ship to be honest. Disappointed.

It is a little over pointed and over costed IMHO, but I feel like they actually had a melta attack for it and the play testers said...whoa too overpowered!

Maybe if it was 180 points, and the attack was 3" S8 AP1 melta then d3" is S6 flamer attack then yeah

Me too... it seems like the Kharybdis launchers should have been blast or had access to a "krak" type warhead. They even mention it as carrying an assortment in the fluff text. 

At least the Achilles Alpha is awesome even at 300pts. It seems to be amazing at either anti-infantry with the stock culverins and blast grenades or awesome at anti-armor with Sunder grenades and multimeltas. If I had one, I think I'd go anti-infantry as I have plenty of meltas already... but good thing it can't take a flare shield or we'd *never* get rid of one.... 

Idk. The melta-blast is a giant dispersal of heat. It shouldn't be super-devastating. Also, hitting with no civer saves and hitting vehicles on their lowest armor rating, doesn't seem too bad to me. This thing is meant to get a crew into a ship. Being a flyer and an orbital-to-surface drop pod are both secondary uses and therefore shouldn't be too awe-inspiring.

Idk. The melta-blast is a giant dispersal of heat. It shouldn't be super-devastating. Also, hitting with no civer saves and hitting vehicles on their lowest armor rating, doesn't seem too bad to me. This thing is meant to get a crew into a ship. Being a flyer and an orbital-to-surface drop pod are both secondary uses and therefore shouldn't be too awe-inspiring.

I do think it should have the qualities of the magna melta with no cover as well, then it would be appropriate. I'm just trying to see it from FW pov where they could foresee naysayers in the 40k community saying "OMG another OP forgeworld unit! This is crap! We need more buffs to weak units like riptides and wave serpents ahdbgjfhfjdnfifnfjfjf!"

Sorry I just tried strangling myself after saying those petty heretical words.

A riptide? You mean what Macraggians call a current caught in an inlet? And a wave serpent is that ocean snake from Fenris?

No no brother, You're confusing the Wave Serpent with the krakens. Wave Serpents are Ithakan, Krakens are Fenrisian.

A riptide? You mean what Macraggians call a current caught in an inlet? And a wave serpent is that ocean snake from Fenris?

No no brother, You're confusing the Wave Serpent with the krakens. Wave Serpents are Ithakan, Krakens are Fenrisian.

Brothers of the Snake for the win!

Actually, that would be an interesting concept to see someone put the beginnings of the Iron Snakes into the Ultramarines. But still, I like the Kharybdis, failings and all. I mean, that's what true love is all about right!

*door kicks open*

"You are under arrest for issuing the word "love" by order of the Sigillite!"

BLAM BLAM

"Darnit Varren! I told you not to kill him!"

What if I like actual barbies?

Well, since I'm sure most of us like(or did like) GI Joes, Power Rangers, Batman and Superman, we probably shouldn't hold it against you, O Great Queen of Darkness.

I want you to know I may or may not have an poster of the Megazord signed by Amy Jo Johnson and Austin St. John dated 1994... just sayin'

But hey, how about that heresy? I'm actually eyeing that Achilles Alpha pretty hard. I was playing around with the math for it, being basically anti-open topped *and* immune to melta/lances makes it a freakin' rock. The only thing I can think of to crack one in a reasonable amount of time are Meltabombs (did you guys know they are "armuorbane" not "melta?" Weird...) or Chainfists. Even then, it'll be an uphill battle. I restate, thank the corpse emperor they *can't* get flare shields. 

I can't stop thinking about loading a terror squad of 10 guys with volkites in there. On the one hand, my logical brain tells me "that's 550 points before any sort of additional upgrades." Then the other half of my brain retorts with "screw that noise, 28 volkite shots and a rapid fire grenade cannon. WEEE!"

Archived