I love World Eaters more than any other legion, but I can't say the models interest me, be they rampagers or red butchers. Though it's mostly the pose that troubles me in the latter.

1517691_692601300780868_494578494_n.jpg

This became my wallpaper.

I think I finally figured out what bothers me about the posing so much. It looks like those giant axes are just getting thrown around on completely independent trajectories with no regards to mass, acceleration or inertia. I understand terminators augment already super human marines in a far-flung sci-fi universe where psychic S&M elves battle cockney mushroom goblins and touhou communist mecha fish people... but still... 

I love World Eaters more than any other legion, but I can't say the models interest me, be they rampagers or red butchers. Though it's mostly the pose that troubles me in the latter.

1517691_692601300780868_494578494_n.jpg

This became my wallpaper.
I think I finally figured out what bothers me about the posing so much. It looks like those giant axes are just getting thrown around on completely independent trajectories with no regards to mass, acceleration or inertia. I understand terminators augment already super human marines in a far-flung sci-fi universe where psychic S&M elves battle cockney mushroom goblins and touhou communist mecha fish people... but still...
Remember, these guys can punch tanks with enough armor plating to make an Abrams look like a Fiat. Besides, its 40K. Physics need not apply. Especially where the warp is concerned.

Just saw the release of the Red Butchers on the FW page, and the close-up on the squad leader had me thinking he was dancing to a certain song;

"you put your left hand in, take your left hand out, put your left hand in and shake it all about..."

HOLY GOD

Somebody has to make a cartoon of Khârn, were the beginning is all serious, and then when he loses it to the Nails, this song starts playing and in his mind he's frolicking through a field, then whenever it comes back there tons of dead people. 

HOLY GOD

Somebody has to make a cartoon of Khârn, were the beginning is all serious, and then when he loses it to the Nails, this song starts playing and in his mind he's frolicking through a field, then whenever it comes back there tons of dead people. 

You mean like the Pyro from TF2?

Edit: and Uriel beat me while I was googling it.

I feel like I should let the Dark Angels out there know that they are currently not in the concept stages. While it sucks there is a lot that goes into the concepts of each legion and research of past novels and literature. While it make not seem like that at times forge world works very hard to do each legion justice. That's all I know/can say.

I just realised that I am half-way through Betrayer the rest of the book is going to be very strange now....

Oh, yes. How else do you think A D-B does his best work?

Surely some pads would be nice though, just as a token gesture perhaps? Same going for all maxi padless legions

Phrasing fixed. 

I feel like I should let the Dark Angels out there know that they are currently not in the concept stages. While it sucks there is a lot that goes into the concepts of each legion and research of past novels and literature. While it make not seem like that at times forge world works very hard to do each legion justice. That's all I know/can say.

That kinda saddens me.

*sigh*

Oh well, saving best for last then I suppose...

That kinda saddens me.

*sigh*

Oh well, saving best for last then I suppose...

But the Ultramarines are coming out in the next trilogy.

HOLY GOD

I always asumed that the World Eaters were like Pyro from Team Fortress 2, all 'normal' while the Nails are quieter then when they activate

happens.

HOLY GOD

You mean like the Pyro from TF2?

Edit: and Uriel beat me while I was googling it.

I just realised that I am half-way through Betrayer the rest of the book is going to be very strange now....

You mean amazing on a whole new level?

My face upon reading these posts^

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/a7dd289b97d8be77f0cd53e822adf8ab1229365603_full.gif

My plan to slowly corrupt everyone's mental image of the World Eaters is proceeding...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/088/113/plan2jh7.jpg

It is Calth/Perhaps over-all Shadow Crusade, Signus/Thramas and Prospero, no?

Providing Ultramarines/Imperial Army/Perhaps corrupted Word Bearers, Blood Angels/Dark Angels/Perhaps Chaos Daemons and Space Wolves/Thousand Sons/Custodian Guard/Perhaps Sisters of Silence, respectively.

I seem to remember someone saying that the first of the trilogy had been decided, but I can't remember which it was.

Thankfully, with my equal love for all of that upcoming glory, whichever one it is will be exactly the one I want. :p Well, technically Prospero, since it sounds like it will provide more new factions.

Archived